Apparently Colt McCoy's pro day went well

Experts have him going in the later rounds still, what are his weaknesses? I know people have called his arm strenght into question, but supposedly he showed decent arm strength at his workout. Other than that the guy won a record 45 games as a starter. What makes this guy fly under the radar when we talk about drafting tebow instead? Obviusly i'm no nfl scout, but if I were I'd think of him as a first round qb.

Experts have him going in the later rounds still, what are his weaknesses? I know people have called his arm strenght into question, but supposedly he showed decent arm strength at his workout. Other than that the guy won a record 45 games as a starter. What makes this guy fly under the radar when we talk about drafting tebow instead? Obviusly i'm no nfl scout, but if I were I'd think of him as a first round qb.

He's short..... :ph34r:

In talking with Russ Lande, he basically stated that Colt McCoy didn't do much to help himself yesterday. The biggest problem with McCoy is his lack of arm strength. Scouts noted that any throw over 5-7 yards really seemed to flutter/float. Some think he'll need to bulk up physically in order to add some arm strength, but Texas has a great weight program so expecting McCoy to be able to add strength may be unrealistic. Due to the arm strength issues Lande and associates said he'll probably be a career backup. Then again Russ Lande has Crompton (Tennessee) rated as his #2 QB (yes, that is not a misprint), so who knows.

NEGATIVES: Not ideal size (6'1"), lacks elite arm strength

POSITIVES - Accuracy, Scrambling ability, Leadership

COMPARES TO: Drew Brees

Ugh..spare me. Another QB who is a great 'leader' of a team that is winning games by 40 points because they totally outclass almost all their opponents.

The biggest problem with McCoy is that Rice and SMU won't be on the schedule. In the few games where he faced teams with comparable talent to Texas, he was very medicore.

Ugh..spare me. Another QB who is a great 'leader' of a team that is winning games by 40 points because they totally outclass almost all their opponents.

The biggest problem with McCoy is that Rice and SMU won't be on the schedule. In the few games where he faced teams with comparable talent to Texas, he was very medicore.

Yes, 70% completion percent is pretty mediocre.. :ph34r: What's also interesting is that Rice and SMU weren't on the Texas schedule last year. :w00t:

no one is concerned about the pinched nerve in shoulder during Nat Champ game?

maybe it was a fluke, but it was caused by such a seemingly small hit.

He wasn't a wuss about it, he could barely lift his arm, and had no strength. but if that's a recurring thing, it's an issue.

Yes, 70% completion percent is pretty mediocre.. :w00t: What's also interesting is that Rice and SMU weren't on the Texas schedule last year. :lol:

Oh, sorry.....UTEP and Wyoming. :ph34r:

And 70% against those teams isn't all that impressive. What was his % against Oklahoma and Nebraska? Oh yeah...it was 54%. With 1 TD and 4 INTs. :D

Colt is an interesting prospect. The guy has elite accuracy IMO and was a great leader on the field @ Texas. He also has great mobility. I'm not sure he is the most exciting option, but I think he can get it done on the field if he starts for a team that has a solid OL. He will pick apart a defense, but I don't see him being a guy that takes too many shots down the field. Alot of his long passes are attributed to YAC by the WR, but he did get the ball to them in open space to allow them to create.

Yes, 70% completion percent is pretty mediocre.. :ph34r: What's also interesting is that Rice and SMU weren't on the Texas schedule last year. :w00t:

Jeez, don't you hate when facts get in the way? Good catch. Fact is McCoy should be on our radar. We have a tall QB now that didn't accomplish much in college and has has the same results at this level. It would be nice to have someone who knows how to win.

NEGATIVES: Not ideal size (6'1"), lacks elite arm strength

POSITIVES - Accuracy, Scrambling ability, Leadership

COMPARES TO: Drew Brees

That's funny. I saw tape on his workout(NFL Network of course) and he reminded me of Brees.

He has risen to the top of my third round board.

Oh, sorry.....UTEP and Wyoming. :ph34r:

And 70% against those teams isn't all that impressive. What was his % against Oklahoma and Nebraska? Oh yeah...it was 54%. With 1 TD and 4 INTs. :w00t:

True.. but they won those game regardless. He lead the game winning drive in the last 2 minutes to win the game vs Nebraska.

The only QB I would rather have in this draft is Bradford and he's not going to be there at #9 so..