Well, Marshawn Is Starting Off The Year Right

H2o

New staff, trying to get started off on the right foot, and maybe even get your starting job back are not incentive enough to show up with the rest of your teammates to a "voluntary" workout? Just saying.

It doesn't mean he's sitting at home on the couch. Plus they are just working out, there was no work done with the coaches in regards to playbooks etc. I think its a non issue.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do we officially hate Lynch now?

I do !! Well not hate, but I don't like him at all !! He's not worth hating...he's an idiot, punk, who lacks moral character...all that momma's boy crap he tried to convince us of when he got here was a crock! To ride off after hitting some girl with your car is purely evil ! He thinks he's somethinng with his stupid gold tooth! What a showboat...Beast Mode my a#% .....

He starts to fall down after 2 yards anymore and he can't run the ball in the endzone when they only need a yard or two in the other teams red zone. I had high hopes for McGahee....woops I mean Marshawn..same difference, just another punk with wasted talent !!! Let the money and temporary fame go to his head...that's okay because in 15 years when you still here about Terrell Davis, LT, Walter Peyton, O.J., and the other great running backs his name won't even be mentioned

because he is a waste of talent and immature (unless he makes drastic attitude adjustments that is...I always like to have a window of hope)..He has the potential to be a great one too! Until he changes I think he'll be in jail just like Travis Henry is..probably within the next 5 years and probably should be for the hit and run! TRADE HIM HE'S A BAD APPLE~~

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...lynchs-absence/

Not really sure of the circumstances, but this isn't the way to impress a new coaching staff. :thumbsup:

I heard he was too busy out at the Galleria Mall trying to grab $20 bills out of people's hands at the food court as they were trying to pay for their food...

New coach, new playbook... ML's gotta be there. I'm guessing Freddy Jaxson is there!

He is. In fact, he was the player I saw quoted about the changes in the weight room.

Yes it's voluntary...but come on...if you LOVE your work and have an OPPORTUNITY to meet the new leaders that you will spending with you don't pass up the chance...I am hoping that he gets to work soon...voluntary or not, if you love your craft you're there...

I'm a huge Lynch fan, but he'd better get his azz to work soon before I start threading about drafting Spiller heheheh...GO BILLS...

Off Topic: ERIC WOOD IS A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynch already collected a few million and thanks to the way the NFL works someone will give him a million or two a year after he leaves Buffalo. He just needs to read water to get that and it seems that is his plan knowing someone will believe he can 'return to form'. Of course, his 'form' has generally been on the lower end except for a brief period.

What's the worst case for Lynch? He doesn't show up, dogs it in training camp and gets traded then likely signs a new contract with new guaranteed money? He gets cut and collects the rest of his guaranteed money?

He doesn't have the mental fortitude or drive to excel in this league (sounds like a lot of players on this time over the past few years). He got a paycheck and he's done.

New staff, trying to get started off on the right foot, and maybe even get your starting job back are not incentive enough to show up with the rest of your teammates to a "voluntary" workout? Just saying.

VOLUNTARY. He won't win his job back in shorts. All that matters is when the pads get put on.

Can we get a list of all the other players who didn't show up to voluntary workouts so we can begin running them out of town too?

According to BB.com almost all of the players have shown up. Lynch is a very unique case though. He missed three games because of the idiocy he was involved with away from Buffalo last year and he had a dismal season. They are voluntary workouts but after last year I'd think he'd be itching to prove to the coaching staff that last year is behind him and he's committed to the team and maximizing his talent for the coming year. JMO

Lynch, Green and Schobel were the notable no shows according to Chris Browns report.

Schobel I'm willing to cut some slack, Green is a new player and may still be looking for a place to stay. Lynch, IMO, has no reasonable excuse that I've heard of yet.

No need to lie about it. Apparently he DID call:

With that said, I prefer these guys, especially one with the history of Marshawn, be there as early as possible. It doesn't reflect well on him. But it isn't the end of the world, either. At least not yet.

Dean, Gailey did mention that Nix had talked to Lynch. But why would you assume that Lynch called Nix? Isn't it just as likely if not more likely that Nix called Lynch?

Lynch another thug from the Bay

Like Tom Brady and Trent Edwards? Stupid comment...sorry.

Can we get a list of all the other players who didn't show up to voluntary workouts so we can begin running them out of town too?

You're acting as if Lynch didn't plead guilty to a misdemeanor weapons charge just one year ago.

And that the year before he was involved in a hit and run incident for which he also pleaded guilty and narrowly escaped criminal charges.

Or the allegations from 4 months ago by the wife of a Buffalo Policeman.

Or the fact that there has been a regime change in Buffalo and that he is the most notable veteran to not show up for workouts, in spite of the fact that the team invested a first round pick in him and that the new coach has said that he thinks Lynch is an excellent football player and that he wants Lynch to be a big part of the football team.

As I posted yesterday,

"The big story will be Marshawn Lynch's arrival. From all the comments from Gailey and Nix, they are talking him up and want him to be here. BUT, I also remember reading something very recently that implied that Lynch had not been in touch with the team. In the wake of all of his bad publicity, I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch doesn't want to play in Buffalo anymore. I will be very interested to see if Lynch comes in on day one."

This might be Lynch's little one-day protest to put the team on notice that he wants out. He may show up today or for some of the workouts. But how many free passes does this guy get from some of you?

I'm pretty non-judgemental and tend to give people the benefit of the doubt but with Marshawn Lynch? This latest act shows his lack of professionalism, his indifference to his fans and supporters, and IMO cannot just be shrugged off.

In view of Lynch's very lousy track record to date, what activities does Lynch have that are more important than showing his bosses, teammates, and fans that he actually gives a schit about being a professional football player and that he is actually committed to his team, his profession, and his supporters?