"Let's Go Insurance Adjusters! Let's Go!"

stevestojan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend wrote that commercial...I'll pass it on.

136360[/snapback]

Are you serious?

Honestly, being in Marketing, I am sometimes shocked at how bad commercials are. (ie most of the Bud Light/Miller Light Commercials). That one is just too good.

I also like the commercials where the people are talking to clerks, yet its as if they are talking to a phone on hold. The one where the goofy looking guy starts singing the hold music (Playing with the queen on hearts, knowin it aint really smart!")

Funny that you guys like that commercial, because I absolutely HATE it.

PM makes, what, $12M per year and (as I see it) he's basically making fun of football fans who idolize people like him. I think it makes hardcore NFL fans look like saps, getting through their pathetic little lives by living from Sunday to Sunday.

Not that I am one of them... :doh:

PM makes, what, $12M per year and (as I see it) he's basically making fun of football fans who idolize people like him.  I think it makes hardcore NFL fans look like saps, getting through their pathetic little lives by living from Sunday to Sunday.

Not that I am one of them...  :doh:

136561[/snapback]

Lighten up Francis

PM makes, what, $12M per year and (as I see it) he's basically making fun of football fans who idolize people like him.  I think it makes hardcore NFL fans look like saps, getting through their pathetic little lives by living from Sunday to Sunday.

Not that I am one of them...  :doh:

136561[/snapback]

Sure descirbes a lot of you :unsure:

Are you serious?

Honestly, being in Marketing, I am sometimes shocked at how bad commercials are. (ie most of the Bud Light/Miller Light Commercials). That one is just too good.

I also like the commercials where the people are talking to clerks, yet its as if they are talking to a phone on hold. The one where the goofy looking guy starts singing the hold music (Playing with the queen on hearts, knowin it aint really smart!")

136375[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm serious. I write commercials for a living too. It drives me nuts when I see a bad ad on TV. For every bad commercial on the air, there were 10,000 good ones written that the client either didn't have the balls/foresight/creativity to approve. There's many reasons why, but think about it this way.....The person who judges the creativity and signs off on the commercials usually doesn't have one creative bone in his body. (sorry, usually a marketing guy) And even if he does, his boss doesn't. There's also a lot of money involved, and one bad move can get you fired. So, people play it safe. Safe = invisible.

Not that I am one of them...  :blush:

136561[/snapback]

I kinda have the same take on it - I think the commercial is a tad condescending ...

Excellent spot, that Payton ad. Awesome. On another note...those "referee" adds are ridiculous. In terms of ad "quality", its goine down hill BIG TIME with the beer ads leading the way down the slope. The ref ads make ZERO sense. And last years Coors "twins" ads were so bad, they were painful. That jingle was so bad, it made a Britney Spears record seem tolerable.

Hey Steve....what line of marketing are you in??? PM me.

Oh stop it....the Farve one from last year was basically the same. The Monday morning QB one. I think they are hilarious.

Has anyone seen the FedEx one where the guy is sending the package to the largest city in Arizona? Pohonix....saw it last night during the late game...almost fell out of bed laughing.