"Let's Go Insurance Adjusters! Let's Go!"

stevestojan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a clever commercial as well...anyone know what that commercial is actually for? I can't remember what they are actually advertising....so is it really an effective ad?

I think its a clever commercial as well...anyone know what that commercial is actually for?  I can't remember what they are actually advertising....so is it really an effective ad?

137372[/snapback]

fans: priceless..

but, i know you're point. One of the most popular commericials of all time (The Old woman saying "Where's the beef?!") was pulled because focus groups reported that only a very small percentage of people remembered what was being sold.

but, i know you're point. One of the most popular commericials of all time (The Old woman saying "Where's the beef?!") was pulled because focus groups reported that only a very small percentage of people remembered what was being sold.

137394[/snapback]

Wendy's.

Honestly, being in Marketing, I am sometimes shocked at how bad commercials are.

136375[/snapback]

I agree completely.

Best commercial to sell a product: Young thin women with big gazongas. :huh:

137394[/snapback]

I don't know where you heard that from, but I don't believe it. That was one of the most successful campaigns of all time and launched Wendys as a real competitor. That campaign won numerous awards for creativity and effectiveness.

Most focus groups are a bunch of morons who all of a sudden become advertising experts the second someone asks their opinion. Clients forget that advertisers have the power to influence and lead. And that the way to get ahead is to take chances with great creative work. Instead they rely on the "insights" of a couple "red staters" who don't know their asses from their elbows. Yikes.

Everyone knows Where's the beef was Wendys, Just do it is Nike, Priceless is Mastercard. If you don't know that, then you're not paying attention or you're a moron. So either way, you're not going to buy the product advertised.

Oh stop it....the Farve one from last year was basically the same. The Monday morning QB one. I think they are hilarious.

137302[/snapback]

I love the Manning one, but you're right that Favre one was great too.

Everyone knows Where's the beef was Wendys, Just do it is Nike, Priceless is Mastercard. If you don't know that, then you're not paying attention or you're a moron. So either way, you're not going to buy the product advertised.

138868[/snapback]

Actually, not everyone knows that, and that's the whole point of these focus group studies.

"Where's the beef" was such a good slogan that it got enmeshed in pop culture which completely undermined the marketer's message. The same thing is happening with Mastercard's "Priceless."

Calling someone a moron for not correctly identifying a message that's been coopted by other media is not a hallmark of an adman who I'd want working on my account.