Bills want QBs sorted out by draft

I understand what he is saying, but how are they going to "solve" the QB issue, pick one out of a hat?

And I've been skeptical about the Schobel situation. My guess is that they know which way he's leaning and have told him to lay low for now. I think a draft-day trade could come if they can find a team closer to his home or he just packs it in.

I understand what he is saying, but how are they going to "solve" the QB issue, pick one out of a hat?

Thank you!

What is supposed to happen in the next month that will "solve" the problem? Are they going to run RF, TE, and BB through drills? Bring in someone new?

Sounds like a pass rusher is going to be at the top of their draft list. Could it be that the defense is just a pass rusher and NT away from being top 15? I wouldn't be surprised.

It's also refreshing to hear our new head coach, an offensive guy, talk like he knows whats going on on the other side of the ball. DJ always seemed like he knew absolutely nothing about offense and it showed on the field. It sure sounds like Gailey has a plan for that side of the ball as well. Hopefully he does and whatever they decide to run and how they run it will mesh well with the new offense.

I think Bell is going to be the primary backup at both tackle spots this year if not a starter at some point. Gailey seems to be open to letting him fight it out and he seems to have done well in the practice setting so far in his career. I get the feeling that Gailey is confident in his ability to vary the play calling to the point that a marginal offensive line will get him by this year - especially with the promise in the middle. If he wants to play smash mouth football and has the two backs to do it, you'd think the tackles might not matter so much. Fans have been clamoring for more play action and that coupled with a good running game up the middle would sure decrease the need for top notch tackle play.

I also think it sounds like a de/olb just because of the inexperience there. If we do not get one in round one (like a Brandon Graham) I think we should take a loooonng look at Jerry Hughes. Dude is a bad man!

With Demetrius Bell, I too am shocked to see how far he has come and for nobody to admire it. Everyone always talks how poorly he did this season. I think he held his on against the run last season and if it wasnt for that retarded no-huddle (with the o-line we had) I think he would have had a much better year in pass protection. The guy moves very well for his size and his strength is improving. He will be our 3rd tackle at worst this season. He will push whoever there is at LT. FACT.

If they're not planning on playing Mitchell outside, I think we are most certainly looking at an OLB very early in the draft.

Yeah, that was a great article, but the most startling thing was seeing that all 4 "OLBs" have never played a snap at OLB. That is not a good thing. We have four OLBs, and all of them up till now have been DLs. They've got to bring in two OLBs, maybe one journeyman FA and one in the draft, just in case.

[quote name='BuffaloJesus(formerly RGI)

I think Bell is going to be the primary backup at both tackle spots this year if not a starter at some point. Gailey seems to be open to letting him fight it out and he seems to have done well in the practice setting so far in his career. I get the feeling that Gailey is confident in his ability to vary the play calling to the point that a marginal offensive line will get him by this year - especially with the promise in the middle. If he wants to play smash mouth football and has the two backs to do it, you'd think the tackles might not matter so much. Fans have been clamoring for more play action and that coupled with a good running game up the middle would sure decrease the need for top notch tackle play.

That's not what I got out of the article about Bell. It sounded to me more like they're saying he's not ready, and though in a year or two he may be ready, he also may never get there.

I could be wrong, but that's what it sounded like to me.

I also think it sounds like a de/olb just because of the inexperience there. If we do not get one in round one (like a Brandon Graham) I think we should take a loooonng look at Jerry Hughes. Dude is a bad man!

With Demetrius Bell, I too am shocked to see how far he has come and for nobody to admire it. Everyone always talks how poorly he did this season. I think he held his on against the run last season and if it wasnt for that retarded no-huddle (with the o-line we had) I think he would have had a much better year in pass protection. The guy moves very well for his size and his strength is improving. He will be our 3rd tackle at worst this season. He will push whoever there is at LT. FACT.

OPINION.

yeah, interesting comments about the QB thing. He hopes it's settled by the draft. Could mean he anoints one of the current cast of clowns or makes a trade/FA move. Maybe they got something in the works. There's still guys out there that could be had. Culpepper. T Jackson, Kyle Orton, Donovan McNabb.

If Clausen falls to us we gotta scoop him up. But really, I give that about a 5% chance of happening ...

wtf is this? everything everyone posts on here is an opinion pretty much? this might be the most useless post i've ever seen on here...and celtic it's PETA

I think the point is that this 'article' is a message board post in disguise. It's obvious it was in a reply to a question directed at him and it's played off like Buddy has said something new. He said exactly what any GM would say. Of course, the Bills want it solved by the draft.

It's a big reach for a story which is no surprise from ESPN. There's nothing wrong with opinion on a message board, but purposely trying to pretend Buddy made 'news' when he just answered a question with common sense is misleading and really shouldn't be presented in that manner from a 'journalism publication'.