Bills want QBs sorted out by draft

I understand what he is saying, but how are they going to "solve" the QB issue, pick one out of a hat?

And I've been skeptical about the Schobel situation. My guess is that they know which way he's leaning and have told him to lay low for now. I think a draft-day trade could come if they can find a team closer to his home or he just packs it in.

Simple, if they bring in a guy like Cullpepper OR make a trade, we won't draft one. If we dont', you can bet QB will be a first or second round pick and that will be our QB.

It sounds like Gailey has figured out that Rod Woodson was right, we dont' have the QB of the future or the QB of RIGHT NOW on this roster.

Simple, if they bring in a guy like Cullpepper OR make a trade, we won't draft one. If we dont', you can bet QB will be a first or second round pick and that will be our QB.

It sounds like Gailey has figured out that Rod Woodson was right, we dont' have the QB of the future or the QB of RIGHT NOW on this roster.

That's kind of how I read it. That they'd either announce a starter pre-draft by making a big move, or they grab one very early in the draft and annoint him.

I'm on board for that. If they don't think TE/BB/RF are the long term answers (which I tend to agree with, though I could be proven wrong with BB), then they have to make a big move either in the draft or via trade to get one.

If we're going for Brandon Graham I hope we move down into the teens. If they want Jerry Hughes, he could most likely be had in the 20's.

Maybe Houston will want Spiller that bad. :thumbsup:

That's kind of how I read it. That they'd either announce a starter pre-draft by making a big move, or they grab one very early in the draft and annoint him.

I'm on board for that. If they don't think TE/BB/RF are the long term answers (which I tend to agree with, though I could be proven wrong with BB), then they have to make a big move either in the draft or via trade to get one.

Thinkin' this as well. Copied from one of the comments:

"Also, not sure how you "settle" the QB situation before the draft. Go with the highest Madden rating? Fred Jackson had the best season at QB last season."

LOL!

It's possible they're (OBD) contemplating a couple trades at/before the draft. Schobel and TE/RF..

I'm reassured. Demetrius Bell is a "work in progress". The alll pro defensive end who is on the verge of possible retirement is being wooed by moving him to a brand new position in a 3-4 offense. That ought to get him to think about staying. Reminds me of how Williams going from a 3-4 to a 4-3 forced Hansen into early retirement. At least its good to know how great Demetrius Bell is, as I kind of missed that during the season.

[quote name='BuffaloJesus(formerly RGI)

I think Bell is going to be the primary backup at both tackle spots this year if not a starter at some point. Gailey seems to be open to letting him fight it out and he seems to have done well in the practice setting so far in his career. I get the feeling that Gailey is confident in his ability to vary the play calling to the point that a marginal offensive line will get him by this year - especially with the promise in the middle. If he wants to play smash mouth football and has the two backs to do it, you'd think the tackles might not matter so much. Fans have been clamoring for more play action and that coupled with a good running game up the middle would sure decrease the need for top notch tackle play.

That's not what I got out of the article about Bell. It sounded to me more like they're saying he's not ready, and though in a year or two he may be ready, he also may never get there.

I could be wrong, but that's what it sounded like to me.

How can Gailey & company really make an evaluation on the Bills' players from this past season without seeing them in practice?? Game film helps but there were too many factors last year influencing perrformance.

For instance, Edwards probably looks horrible in most of the game film but after he's had DTs push the center or guard into his face a few times, he started getting rid of the ball quick. On the other hand, seeing him dump off to the RBs could be interpreted as he checked the field and found nobody open so he checked down when in reality he seemed afraid to throw the ball downfield.

Listing all of these DEs as outside linebackers when they haven't played the position is making a big assumption that they can handle it. My guess is that one of Maybin & Chris Ellis may be able to make the transition but it seems less likely for Schobel & Kelsay. Hopefully someone will surprise them/us.