So Today is the Day, The Government Takeover

Good find :D

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...eTabs%3Darticle

Another good one. The comment section is a must read too.

A little snip:

In a $5.4 billion revenue grab, Democrats decided that this $665 fillip should be subject to the ordinary corporate income tax of 35%. Most consulting firms and independent analysts say the higher costs will induce some companies to drop drug coverage, which could affect about five million retirees and 3,500 businesses. Verizon and other large corporations warned about this outcome.

I forsee a bloody November. :P

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that I disagree with you. It's that you're an idiot. Your different viewpoint is based on you being facile and ignorant.

I don't give a damn whether someone disagrees with me or not. I DO give a damn that their opinions aren't bull ****, regardless of whether I agree or disagree. If you and I were in complete agreement, I'd still denigrate you...because you're a moron.

Wow, for all to see here on the board when DC Tom is out of ammo and/or doesn't like your viewpoint he starts to hurl insults. Way to go Tom, acting just like a typical greedy, selfish, pompous, name calling, venom spitting, irrational, pot stirring and filibustering rather than finding solutions republican.

Wow, for all to see here on the board when DC Tom is out of ammo and/or doesn't like your viewpoint he starts to hurl insults. Way to go Tom, acting just like a typical greedy, selfish, pompous, name calling, venom spitting, irrational, pot stirring and filibustering rather than finding solutions republican.

Read this post back to yourself and try to figure out what a !@#$ing hypocrite you are.

Again...it's not that I dislike your viewpoint. It's that you're an idiot. If you changed your viewpoint, you'd get just as much ****, because you'd still be an idiot.

That's not be "running out of ammo"; that's me responding directly to the post that you made: you whined about being denigrated for your point of view. I responded precisely to that: it's not your point of view, it's your demonstrated incapacity to have a single rational thought rattle through your addled brain, as evidenced, for example, to somehow view bankruptcy as qualitatively different depending on the cause (death or health costs). It's not that I disagree...it's that you can't even possibly understand why someone else would disagree. That's not a point of view, that's just mental retardation.

Don't like it? Don't be a retard.

Again...it's not that I dislike your viewpoint. It's that you're an idiot. If you changed your viewpoint, you'd get just as much ****, because you'd still be an idiot.

That's not be "running out of ammo"; that's me responding directly to the post that you made: you whined about being denigrated for your point of view. I responded precisely to that: it's not your point of view, it's your demonstrated incapacity to have a single rational thought rattle through your addled brain, as evidenced, for example, to somehow view bankruptcy as qualitatively different depending on the cause (death or health costs). It's not that I disagree...it's that you can't even possibly understand why someone else would disagree. That's not a point of view, that's just mental retardation.

Don't like it? Don't be a retard.

Shut up, Republican. :D

Read this post back to yourself and try to figure out what a !@#$ing hypocrite you are.

Hell, he should read the post I RESPONDED TO, and try to figure that out.

Won't happen. Heartfelt outrage is better than fact, since victimization is noble.

Please Tom for the love of God what are you? Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Commie, Nazi?? I'm so !@#$ing confused. :D

It's not that I disagree with you. It's that you're an idiot. Your different viewpoint is based on you being facile and ignorant.

I don't give a damn whether someone disagrees with me or not. I DO give a damn that their opinions aren't bull ****, regardless of whether I agree or disagree. If you and I were in complete agreement, I'd still denigrate you...because you're a moron.

DC Tom

Group: Members

Member No.: 68

Fan in San Diego

Member No.: 77

I think DC Tom is testing out some of the material he's written for his upcoming one man stage act.

DC Tom

Member No.: 68

Fan in San Diego

Member No.: 77

I think DC Tom is testing out some of the material he's written for his upcoming one man stage act.

Or maybe September 2001 was when the current incarnation of TSW came online and they were both among the first members

Or maybe September 2001 was when the current incarnation of TSW came online and they were both among the first members

So you've finally admitted that there's at least ONE screen name that's not me.

This has got to be a first. :D

So you've finally admitted that there's at least ONE screen name that's not me.

This has got to be a first. :D

There's 10k+ screen names on TSW, so there's bound to be at least a couple who aren't you.

But most probably are. And I suspect Conner is just some Freudian mechanism that you have developed to compensate for some kind of insecurity, most likely phallic in nature

Or maybe the chatter indicating otherwise is burning up the blogosphere while the circumstantial evidence suggesting that DC Tom and San Diego Fan share an identity continues to accumulate?

We're through the looking glass here, people.

Or maybe the chatter indicating otherwise is burning up the blogosphere while the circumstantial evidence suggesting that DC Tom and San Diego Fan share an identity continues to accumulate?

We're through the looking glass here, people.

Interesting theory but you're still lacking some substance

Factor in Cruise missles at the Pentagon, George W Bush meeting Osama Bin Laden at a Frat Party in the basement of Skull and Bones, Haliburton's weather machine, and Dick Cheney in a french maid's outfit, and you might be on to something worthwhile

There's 10k+ screen names on TSW, so there's bound to be at least a couple who aren't you.

But most probably are. And I suspect Conner is just some Freudian mechanism that you have developed to compensate for some kind of insecurity, most likely phallic in nature

And half of them are software agents that I wrote. :D

If this atrocity ever does take hold then the United States will be turned into Cuba in very short order. Liberty killer, jobs killer, wealth killer, health killer. His next move will be to lead the charge of granting citizenship to 15 million mexicans living illegally in this country and get them into union jobs in an attempt to checkmate the 2012 election. Oh yeah, they will be added to the state run healthcare system also. We officially have a "Hugo Chavez" as our president until the REAL and very angry American citizens either vote him out in 2012 or he gets impeached by a 2011 republican led congress. As we saw in VA, NJ and MA, moderate and conservative Americans don't very much like their opinions to be given the back hand.

It's this monumentally radical and liberal presidential disaster like the one we are witnessing, that will propel a very conservative and very populist Sarah Palin into the presidency. I didn't think this could ever seriously happen given what a polarizing figure she is, but now I can totally see this coming to fruition. She is the polar opposite of Obama. The commie-lovin liberals are going to get "slaughtered" this november.

Maybe I was too quick to judge... it's just that there as so few true conservatives on this Friggin Liberal Board. Maybe you are worthy of some respect.

Hey those are his good points!

I don't know about the other companies, but Prudential is apparently taking a charge against the future requirement that they don't deduct federal reimbursement for their health care costs from their taxable income.

I can actually get behind that particular point. Deducting government subsidies for expenses from taxable income is a pretty ridiculous practice.

I don't know about the other companies, but Prudential is apparently taking a charge against the future requirement that they don't deduct federal reimbursement for their health care costs from their taxable income.

I can actually get behind that particular point. Deducting government subsidies for expenses from taxable income is a pretty ridiculous practice.

Nice point Tom. I would think that some/all of the Country CFO's are going to try and find any loop holes they can.

Maybe this better explains it.......

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archiv...counting/38206/

The comments section is fierce as hell. Apparently, anyone with even a passing knowledge of corporate accounting and SEC regs and federal law thinks Waxman should be hung by his thumbs and slow-roasted over an open fire.

And I don't disagree. You can't ask companies to take a material charge but not report it because it looks bad.

The comments section is fierce as hell. Apparently, anyone with even a passing knowledge of corporate accounting and SEC regs and federal law thinks Waxman should be hung by his thumbs and slow-roasted over an open fire.

And I don't disagree. You can't ask companies to take a material charge but not report it because it looks bad.

Jesus H Christ, they have to file changes with the Freaking SEC. :thumbsup:

Jesus H Christ, they have to file changes with the Freaking SEC. :thumbsup:

Yes, but I suspect you'll now see far fewer companies making their required announcements so publically now that it's clear doing so will land your ass before Congress with all your paperwork and internal documents, emails, etc.

This is wicked. We'll see how long they are able to get away with this.

Yes, but I suspect you'll now see far fewer companies making their required announcements so publically now that it's clear doing so will land your ass before Congress with all your paperwork and internal documents, emails, etc.

This is wicked. We'll see how long they are able to get away with this.

!@#$ 'em. Were I one of the CEO's, I'd simply answer every grandstanding question with "The documentation in response to your question is on file with the SEC, as required by federal law." Just to hammer the point home to the thinking public that these representatives are complete !@#$wits.

Christ, stop putting Tom up on a pedestal.

I like this one from "Grundles":

This was entirely predictable. When your policies proceed from the Magic Ponies and Manna from Heaven School of Economics, it can be very offensive when somebody tries to bring unpleasant and irritating issues like "costs" and "tradeoffs" into the discussion. Talk about harshing your mellow!

I guess later today Henry Waxman will demand Sallie Mae bring all of its emails and other internal documents before Congress next week.

This has been known to be coming for months, at least (I heard about it nine months ago).

So yeah, Waxman's probably completely blind-sided by this news.