Charles Davis on NFL Network made his pick for the Bills

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well hold on there cowboy, if we took spiller and got a 3rd or better for lynch it wouldnt be so bad now would it?

Yes it would. We need big bodies and a QB. I dont care how good a RB looks I dont think you take one in the first round let alone the top 10. You can find RBs you cant find QBs and LTs. You need to take a guy who can be a cornerstone of your team when you have a top 10 pick. I hate the idea of a skill player right now until you have built your front 5 on the O and your front 7 on the D. Forget WRs and RBs....please please please draft a tackle!

well hold on there cowboy, if we took spiller and got a 3rd or better for lynch it wouldnt be so bad now would it?

Uhh, yes it would. Have you learned nothing from the past mistakes? Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it I guess. That won't be the case with Nix, and why I'm glad armchair GM's aren't really running the show.

CJ Spiller is pretty impressive though. 4.24 speed. In contrast...Don Beebe ran a 4.21 and Reggie Bush ran a 4.33

He's ridiculous. He's got good size and great hands. He would be a game breaker and help captain checkdown tremendously.

That being said, the Bills cannot afford a miss at the number 9 pick. They better pick a sure fire player and he's not the Adrian Peterson of this draft.

This just in:

Charles Davis is an idiot.

Actually Charles Davis is one of the most knowledgeable talking heads you'll find on any channel. I don't agree with him in this case but he certainly knows his business.

Well since they can't get a quality QB this year and apperantly are going to go with captain checkdown, doesn't it make sense to get a weapon that can take it all the way after trent throws the 2 yard passes to him? :rolleyes:

You actually make a valid point there. If our front office views this guy as the next Chris Johnson and he turns out to be that you can't complain about a pick like that. If he's head and shoulders abover the rest as far as best player available then you have to at least consider him. They did set up a visit with him didn't they?

Well since they can't get a quality QB this year and apperantly are going to go with captain checkdown, doesn't it make sense to get a weapon that can take it all the way after trent throws the 2 yard passes to him? :rolleyes:

There's about 8 QB threads on the front page and you've got to bring your QB stuff into this thread?

You're rapidly approaching crusading status.

Again.

Spiller is a play maker and looks like he can score every time he touches the ball. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. Take an OT at #41 and trade Lynch for a 3rd or 4th round pick. You don't get a chance to draft a player like Spiller often and there is no QB that I would take over him besides maybe Bradford. Is there going to be a sure fire starting LT or NT #9??

You actually make a valid point there. If our front office views this guy as the next Chris Johnson and he turns out to be that you can't complain about a pick like that. If he's head and shoulders abover the rest as far as best player available then you have to at least consider him. They did set up a visit with him didn't they?

How many times did he fumble last year?

If the Bills did this I would hang myself from the highest tree.

Charles Davis is a DOPE!

I just wanted to point that out but I actually wouldnt mind Spiller who is probably the best offensive player in this draft

Yes it would. We need big bodies and a QB. I dont care how good a RB looks I dont think you take one in the first round let alone the top 10. You can find RBs you cant find QBs and LTs. You need to take a guy who can be a cornerstone of your team when you have a top 10 pick. I hate the idea of a skill player right now until you have built your front 5 on the O and your front 7 on the D. Forget WRs and RBs....please please please draft a tackle!

not advocating taking spiller, but if we did, naturally one would think lynch is gone, so if we were able to dump him for a 3rd or better it wouldnt be that bad, look at what chris johnson has done for tennessee. But you're right you cant find a QB (warner, brady), or a LT (peters).

I actually agree with taking a tackle, but keep in mind the OT's available, are not considered elite LT prospects, so maybe, we would be better off not REACHING for a player who isnt an elite talent at his position. We may be better off taking clausen and looking for washington or saffold later, who knows.

My point was that taking spiller may not be as bad as we think, but Id rather not find out.

Nothing wrong with taking Spiller at #9. The guy is electric. We don't have too many weapons on this team, and lets be honest, when was the last time we had a player who was a threat to go the distance every time he touched the ball?

Nothing wrong with taking Spiller at #9. The guy is electric. We don't have too many weapons on this team, and lets be honest, when was the last time we had a player who was a threat to go the distance every time he touched the ball?

Roscoe Parrish, the only problem is he only touches the ball 4 times a game

Would you draft Cadillac Williams at #9 overall?

Cuz I think that's who he is.

except spiller has elite speed and cadillac does not. i think we trade fast freddy for a second(nobody will take lynch) and keep lynch to be the physical back and spiller is the ferrari. we would have a sick running game.

except spiller has elite speed and cadillac does not. i think we trade fast freddy for a second(nobody will take lynch) and keep lynch to be the physical back and spiller is the ferrari. we would have a sick running game.

Cadillac had outstanding burst as a collegian.

He was every bit as explosive as Spiller ever since he was a freshman.

I am appauled by some of the people on this board. Have you guys learned nothing from watching the Bills this past year. WEAPONS MEAN NOTHING IF YOU CANT GET THEM THE BALL. You cant run effectivly without a strong line, you cant throw without a strong line and decent QB. We have neither of those! Last I checked we had a 1,000yrd runner on the roster that we are happy with and we also have a pretty darn good backup (even if he is a scum off the field). DRAFT LINE OR QB.

I am appauled by some of the people on this board. Have you guys learned nothing from watching the Bills this past year. WEAPONS MEAN NOTHING IF YOU CANT GET THEM THE BALL. You cant run effectivly without a strong line, you cant throw without a strong line and decent QB. We have neither of those! Last I checked we had a 1,000yrd runner on the roster that we are happy with and we also have a pretty darn good backup (even if he is a scum off the field). DRAFT LINE OR QB.

Well, there are other rounds in the draft.....

As for QB, the only one I would want is Bradford. And I wouldn't want him that bad. So I think QB is out of the question, especially as the first round goes.

As for the line, we have a great interior line (needs depth, which we get from later rounds). But the only start we need is an LT. Which we can draft in the 2nd round.

The real killer is we need a NT badly.

Fastest 20 times All Time

2.41: Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina, 2008

2.41: C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson, 2010

2.43: *Fabian Washington, CB, Nebraska, 2005

2.44: Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson, 2010

2.44: Karl Paymah, CB, Washington State, 2005

2.45: Mike Wallace, WR, Ole Miss, 2009

2.46: Emmanuel Sanders, WR, SMU, 2010

2.46: *Justin King, CB, Penn State, 2008

2.46: Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina, 2007

2.46: Taylor Mays, FS, USC, 2010

2.46: Roc Alexander, CB, Washington, 2004

Fastest 40 times

4.21: Trindon Holliday, WR, LSU, 2010

4.22: Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson, 2010

4.24: Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina, 2008

4.25: *Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland, 2009

4.26: Jerome Mathis, WR, Hampton, 2005

4.27: C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson, 2010

4.27: Stanford Routt, CB, Houston, 2005

4.28: Mike Wallace, WR, Ole Miss, 2009

4.29: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State, 2008

4.29: *Fabian Washington, CB, Nebraska, 2005

4.29: Johnny Knox, WR, Abilene Christian, 2009

Spiller is a luxury pick the Bills cannot afford to make. If he is so good, teams will be offering us a King's ransom for that pick so they can get him.

That would be awesome. Trading down might be a great thing to do. A lot of my friends who are browns fans are thinking they might be drafting spiller with their first pick..... though i haven't seen any mocks like that. But there are a lot of talks among the fans though that they think they are picking him.

i dont remember watching cadillac in college but i know from the news reports here in charlotte showing him light it up for clemson and everyone down here is comparing him to chris johnson. the guy also graduated in dec so he's well rounded

Well, there are other rounds in the draft.....

As for QB, the only one I would want is Bradford. And I wouldn't want him that bad. So I think QB is out of the question, especially as the first round goes.

As for the line, we have a great interior line (needs depth, which we get from later rounds). But the only start we need is an LT. Which we can draft in the 2nd round.

The real killer is we need a NT badly.

A great interior line? That may be the overstatement of the century. We have an average center, a good (but by no means outstanding yet) second year guard in LeVitre & a good other guard who is comming off of a MAJOR injury. How about following the JETS plan and draft Oline until it is playing at a high level then worrying about QB...... and THEN going with skill positions.

I am one of those people who firmly believe that games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. I would love to get one of the premier linemen with our first pick.

Having said that, I also believe in drafting for value. I hate it when the Bills reach on picks. If CJ will be the kind of player that many think he will be in the NFL and he is the best value when we pick, I would not be upset.

I have not seen him play a lot on the collegiate level. Nevertheless, when I say him play against the Canes this past year, he was very impressive. He is fast, of course. Yet, he is more than just fast -- he is a football player and a productive one.

A great interior line? That may be the overstatement of the century. We have an average center, a good (but by no means outstanding yet) second year guard in LeVitre & a good other guard who is comming off of a MAJOR injury. How about following the JETS plan and draft Oline until it is playing at a high level then worrying about QB...... and THEN going with skill positions.

As far as wood and levitre goes, they are great. They had great rookie performances, and they will probably only get better. So if you want to draft a Guard to replace them with the 9th pick, then you are silly. As far as hangartner goes, he is average. but he is tough, he is versitile, and he can play through injury. if you want to replace him with the 9th pick at center, you are silly. If you want to replace our RT with the 9th pick, you are silly there too. The only position as far the the 9th overall pick goes that is worth picking, it is LT.

But we can also draft an LT in the 2nd round. You are making it seem like they can only draft LTs in the 1st round. wtf.