I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills were to trade a 7th rder

I thought I read that he had no leadership.

From what I've been told he's pretty much an !@#$ who's hated by most of his teammates. So I'd agree that his leadership qualities are pretty non-existent.

I just read something from back in February that Buddy Nix stated that they want some veteran leadership but with a strong arm. That being said, that aspect just might disqualify Bulger. It's depressing to think what we have for QBs and what is available to us.

That would put him on the open market and could delute our chances of getting him. Another factor is that it doesn't cost the Rams anything of keeping him on the roster, there's no bonuses due to him.

If the Rams are worse than us and they don't want him, Why would we want him??? He's been around quite a while now hasn't he?? I don't really want a re-tread QB that is on the downside, and was struggling to perform well. We already have

guys that struggle to perform well. McNabb, I'm okay with if it doesn't cost us this years 1st rounder! Maybe some younger guy with a lot of upside that is unproven, but Bulger? :rolleyes: How about straight up for Trent Edwards!! That would be just fine in my book!

What's the point? Bulger looks done and hasn't won a lot of games. This move would accomplish very little. I'd rather play a rookie or let Brohm/ Edwards battle it out to see if they progress under Gailey. At this point, Fitz is probably a better option than Bulger.

One has to wonder if Tipster lays in bed at night coming up with trade scenarios just to hear himself talk....

Lets think about this and remember I'm a WVU homer speaking here:

Bulger has not completed an entire season since 2006, his only season in which he wasn't hurt and missed time. Since 2006 he has a cumulative passer rating of 71 and has thrown 25 TDs against 34 INTs in three injury filled seasons winning 6 games as the QB. What about him makes you think he is worth trading anything for and who on the open market is going to start a bidding war for him if he is released?

Also, nice job backpedaling again when someone challenges your remarks, you might want to try out for CB.

It would be cheap compensation for veteran leadership. Buffalo would actually be lucrative for him because there isn't a clear starter on the roster. The key would be for him to redo his contract but he thinks that he would be the starter then he should be more agreeable to a friendlier contract.

Just because he is a veteran doesn't mean he is a good leader. Plus, he has not played well the last couple of years.

One has to wonder if Tipster lays in bed at night coming up with trade scenarios just to hear himself talk....

Lets think about this and remember I'm a WVU homer speaking here:

Bulger has not completed an entire season since 2006, his only season in which he wasn't hurt and missed time. Since 2006 he has a cumulative passer rating of 71 and has thrown 25 TDs against 34 INTs in three injury filled seasons winning 6 games as the QB. What about him makes you think he is worth trading anything for and who on the open market is going to start a bidding war for him if he is released?

Also, nice job backpedaling again when someone challenges your remarks, you might want to try out for CB.

That was a pretty ****ty retort. I was wondering if this was a worthy trade because we don't have **** for a QB. It seems like people can't post around here without covering up. It's getting to the point where I hope we go with the QBs that we got so it can shove it up the asses of some of the !@#$s around here.

Tippy, not a bad idea. Though Bulger is a more accomplished Trent Edwards in my opinion, I don't think it is best option. I think just sticking with Edwards this year is the best bet while we get a team together.

For the yahoos, who keep bringing up winning with Bulger's stats, you must remember the St. Louis has sucked out loud, and hasn't been able to protect a QB worth a jack. Bulger has looked good with time in the pocket, but is about as fragile as RJ. Winning is a function of team and not the QB. Would you say that Ben Roethlisberger's rookie year was one of the greatest ever for a QB of any experience where he won 15 games as rookie? Of course not, he had a great team around him. That is like saying Rex Grossman was a great QB for making it to a Super Bowl.

Build up the trenches, and win with quality lineman making it easier for the skill players.

Yup, build up the fat power on the OLine, DLine...hopefully an edge rusher and worry about QB after that...I don't want Hasselbeck or Bulger...they are washed up and not a big enough upgrade to make the move...

That being said...I would love to bring in a D Mac, or even Mike Vick...I think in a Gailey offense Vick would be perfect...he's got great arm strength and always part of some of the best rushing attacks in the game ever...so considering Gailey made Kordell a household name for a while, imagine what he could do with Vick...and since Vick doesn't throw often it'd get my 40-15 ratio run to pass :0) heheheh...and when he does decide to throw it, it gets there...so I'd like them to strike a deal for ANY of the philly QB's if not...you go with TE this year, then worry about it later...

Who would you suggest we should get, if anyone at all? I personally don't believe that we have a starter on our current roster. If Buffalo would step I'd be all for McNabb but it's going to be costly and I'm not convinced that it would be worth it.

we are in a terrible situation here, no doubt, but if this is what it's come to we might as well stick with what we have.

I'd actually rather take Jeff Garcia or & i cant believe i'm gonna say it, but even Michael Vick over Marc Bulger.

They both have more mobility which, lets face it, these guys are gonna be runnin for their lives again, & they both have stronger arms then Bulger, and both would come alot cheaper then Bulger.

I dont even want Vick here, but that just shows ya how desperately this team needs a quarterback thats at least halfway decent. Just give me a guy that can throw a 15 yard out pattern, is it really that hard?

I wouldn't mind him if we didn't have to pay him $11mm per season. The problem I see with this scenario is that he then takes the place of a developmental QB we could potentially draft later on. I'd almost rather see some youth unless we were absolutely certain he could play and start here. Then again, I guess we could still get rid of one of our current guys to take the developmental guy. This move just doesn't jump out as something that I could see working out.

cut Fitz and "develop" Edwards and Brohm for another year.

With the craptacular OL the Bills have, they will need all 3 QBs anyway

better off trading our 6th for Troy Smith.

I actually like this idea, atleast with Smith theres potential. He was decent and only lost his job due to a health issue and having a 1st rounder step in and play so well it forced the team to keep him in.

I like the idea of keeping Brohm around and trying to develop him, he was a guy who came into the league with alot of potential and never had a chance to move up due to the 2 guys on the depth chart above him. Keep him #3 and let Smith, Fitz and Edwards battle it out for the #1 and #2 spots. Picking up smith for a second day pick is no different then taking a chance on some college player with no NFL experience. Smith has starting experience.

Theres no QB in FA right now thats a definite upgrade as a #1 QB over what the bills have now. Garcia is a dinosaur who is not an answer unless the injury bugs continues to bite and the Bills QB's all go down. The rest are either too far over the hill or not starters. If you could get a McNabb or Vick or another decent QB for a mid level pick, that could work. The top 2 QB's in the draft will probably be gone by 9, and the others will need time to develop. Save the early picks for a OT, or a NT

Yeah I wouldnt mind Troy Smith either. It seems that alot of players respect him & would support him & play for him on the field. I also agree that we should keep Brohm around too. I watched alot of games he played while he was in college & i think if he's given an opportunity to compete & make plays, with the right coaching he could succeed.

I'd much rather keep him around then the other 2. And then with the draft, maybe you pick up a Lefevour or Skelton. I like Skeltons size & he has a rocket for an arm, something we havent seen in awhile. Lets hope for the best! lol

Bulger is a joke. He's completely incapable of playing outside of a dome.

not saying you're wrong on that, but do you have any proof? or is it that his numbers for the past two years have been terrible b/c he has zero wide receivers and a shaky o-line?