'Bama LB McLain could be the Bills pick

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Get an ILB that doesn't rush the passer, gets washed out of plays a the college level and is a horrible arm tackler with the 9th pick!!! Just the thing Donahoe or Levy would do. :)

iceman - keep the faith buddy - but i do believe that mcclain will be a force in the nfl for years to come - he is a difference maker iceman - i know he has had some bad plays but the overall body of work projects him to be a force - not my first choice for the 1st pick but if he is the worst we do - that will be very good for us

I was thinking about the draft on the way home today. A couple of facts came to mind and I had an ah ha moment.

1. Levitre was a right and left tackle at OSU and played the last year and a half there. He is our Left tackle.

2. Suh or Cody won't be there at 9 as NT becomes our new #1 priority. So either we trade up or we bypass it thins season making the LB corps better behind that spot.

3. As far as QB goes, I suspect that Clausen and Bradford will both be gone. So that means we either trade for one or what we've got is what we've got and maybe pick a project later on.

4. Which leads me back to point #2, and unless we get a lot better at LB, the guys we have aren't going to cut it and someone like Mcclain will be our pick.

5. I suspect with Levitre going outside, guard drafting in 2nd or 3rd will happen.

Awesome! Get an ILB that doesn't rush the passer, gets washed out of plays a the college level and is a horrible arm tackler with the 9th pick!!! Just the thing Donahoe or Levy would do. :)

Isn't that what we have now??? He should fit right in.

He would instantly become the best LB on the team.

I'm a huge fan of McClain but I would like to see the Bills trade down for extra picks.

If we can get him on a trade down that would be great.

I was thinking about the draft on the way home today. A couple of facts came to mind and I had an ah ha moment.

1. Levitre was a right and left tackle at OSU and played the last year and a half there. He is our Left tackle.

2. Suh or Cody won't be there at 9 as NT becomes our new #1 priority. So either we trade up or we bypass it thins season making the LB corps better behind that spot.

3. As far as QB goes, I suspect that Clausen and Bradford will both be gone. So that means we either trade for one or what we've got is what we've got and maybe pick a project later on.

4. Which leads me back to point #2, and unless we get a lot better at LB, the guys we have aren't going to cut it and someone like Mcclain will be our pick.

5. I suspect with Levitre going outside, guard drafting in 2nd or 3rd will happen.

I keep hearing that Levitre cannot play LT, because he has the short arms and doesn't have the ideal "range" if you will to be an NFL LT. That being said, I will tell you to a man, that Levitre looked far more effective this past season when he was at LT than when he was a guard. At guard, I recall many a time when he was pushed into the backfield and planted squarely on his rump roast. But, when he was at LT, he seemed to lock it down for the most part.

I keep hearing that Levitre cannot play LT, because he has the short arms and doesn't have the ideal "range" if you will to be an NFL LT. That being said, I will tell you to a man, that Levitre looked far more effective this past season when he was at LT than when he was a guard. At guard, I recall many a time when he was pushed into the backfield and planted squarely on his rump roast. But, when he was at LT, he seemed to lock it down for the most part.

That's what got me thinking about our setup. 3 year starter at tackle in college. Looked okay at LT, with a whole off season to practice/learn. We signed a RT, set at one guard with Wood who will become our future center and okay at center with Hamgartner. Much easier to plug in a 2nd/3rd round guard to start or at worst a FA pickup. No QB's and No NT's really going to be available at 9. That leads us to either picking a LB or WR which are our next needed spots. Go guard in 2nd/3rd and maybe stretch for a QB or NT with the other hoping one develops quickly.

It is a 2 year minimum turnaround, so we can go NT/QB next season and sign a FA for the other.

agreed , I don't get all the Mcclain love on the boards

agreed , I don't get all the Mcclain love on the boards

You guys cannot be serious, right? :lol: McClain is the best ILB in this draft. No question. He's 6'4", 260lbs and lowers the boom every chance he gets. He had 105 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF, and 3 INT's, not to mention he was the defensive captain that made all of the calls and adjustments on the field. He was the unquestioned leader of on of the best defenses in the nation. He also put in more hours than most studying game film and working to get better. If the top 2 OT's are gone I'd take him in a heartbeat.