'Bama LB McLain could be the Bills pick

I was thinking about the draft on the way home today. A couple of facts came to mind and I had an ah ha moment.

1. Levitre was a right and left tackle at OSU and played the last year and a half there. He is our Left tackle.

2. Suh or Cody won't be there at 9 as NT becomes our new #1 priority. So either we trade up or we bypass it thins season making the LB corps better behind that spot.

3. As far as QB goes, I suspect that Clausen and Bradford will both be gone. So that means we either trade for one or what we've got is what we've got and maybe pick a project later on.

4. Which leads me back to point #2, and unless we get a lot better at LB, the guys we have aren't going to cut it and someone like Mcclain will be our pick.

5. I suspect with Levitre going outside, guard drafting in 2nd or 3rd will happen.

If they bump Levitre back to Tackle...THEY HAD BETTER DRAFT IUPATI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to disagree with a fellow Virginian...But. Levitre is NOT a left tackle. He was plugged in due to emergency. He required alot of help from backs and never was able to hold his blocks long enough for the QB to go down field. He is not an NFL LT that's why he plays guard. You shouldn't think so hard while driving. If you hit me I'll be pissed. There is no way we can get by this year w/o drafting significant upgrades in at least 1 if not both tackles. The cast off from the Raiders is a joke. Big mistake to be talked into thinking McClain at #9 would be OK. A LB with our first pick may be good 2 or 3 years down the road, we can pick them up in FA. You can't get at LT or NT in FA though.

I couldn't have said it any better