How can the NHL be taken seriously?

meazza

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're pretty much spot on.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=314001

I love watching Ovechkin play because he's one of the best hockey players around but he's a downright dirty player.

Colin Campbell has had numerous chances to send that idiot a message, the worst of which was the hit on Briere that could have killed him. He's failed and should have been fired years ago. This week's interview from the GM meetings was the worst indictment of his incompetence.

Colin Campbell has had numerous chances to send that idiot a message, the worst of which was the hit on Briere that could have killed him. He's failed and should have been fired years ago. This week's interview from the GM meetings was the worst indictment of his incompetence.

At worst, he'll get a 5 game suspension to which I would be shocked.

+1

Worst commissioner in ALL of sports.

Maybe yeah maybe no. I really think Bettman is just a puppet for the owners. Not sure how much he truly calls the shots on. And blaming him and Campbell for this stuff is wrong I believe. Sure maybe some of the punishments are out of whack but I really think its up to the players. It's not Bettman or Campbell out there doing this crap. Players should really cut the **** and get together and arrive at a understanding about mutual respect

You're pretty much spot on.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=314001

I love watching Ovechkin play because he's one of the best hockey players around but he's a downright dirty player.

I wholeheartedly agree that Ovechkin is dirty, but on this hit Campbell's skate got caught and he started to tumble just as Ovechkin hit him which made it look alot worse than it actually was. I don't think (IMHO) it was a dirty hit. Bad call by the ref.

Its going to take someone getting killed on the ice before the League and Owners wake up. Taking policing abilities away from the players on the ice, then not adequately policing the game off the ice is going to lead to goons and cheapshot artists doing as they please until someone goes down big time.

I wholeheartedly agree that Ovechkin is dirty, but on this hit Campbell's skate got caught and he started to tumble just as Ovechkin hit him which made it look alot worse than it actually was. I don't think (IMHO) it was a dirty hit. Bad call by the ref.

I've seen worse...

Its going to take someone getting killed on the ice before the League and Owners wake up. Taking policing abilities away from the players on the ice, then not adequately policing the game off the ice is going to lead to goons and cheapshot artists doing as they please until someone goes down big time.

I take it you never saw the 70's Flyer's :)

When cheap shots like this are not disciplined at all???

Yea it sucks and its a dirty and has done it before, but he wont be suspended.

I cannot believe the NHL did not throw the book at Matt Cooke either. I am more infuriated at that then this hit. Basically the NHL is saying its ok to go head hunting for teh rest of the year, you can knock a man unconscious on a dirty A$$ cheap shot-hit, but we wont suspend you. We will make up excuses and continue getting the exposure we alwasy have wanted.

I gues negative press is good press for the NHL :thumbsup::)