One Nation Under God

Beerball

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe in God or not...There is not one person who cares deeply enough for another that will shun hope for divine intervention when a crisis occurs. Let cancer strike one's child and watch that atheism melt away like wax on a candle.

You really just don't get it. Having things horrible happen to me and my loved ones hasn't made a speck of difference in my spiritual being.

I guess I should have used different words instead of "feel sorry for". But it's the same way I kinda "feel sorry" for people that don't like sports. They are missing out on all the fun I have following sports,that's all. And if you don't believe in God you can't get those same feelings from faith that I do. I can't see how we could disagree on that.

You're right. We don't get the same feelings. But again, flip around your pity and "feeling sorry." Does it offend you if I say that I feel sorry for you that you believe in a make-believe person? It should because it's offensive and belittles your beliefs.

Understand that I'm not saying you'll harbor doubt about your faith if I say that. Just saying that you'll be annoyed and think I'm being a jerk to equate your god with the tooth fairy, Zeus, and Santa's elves.

Or turn to an an analogy. I would guess you love being an American. Would you say to a Korean that you feel sorry for them because they live in Korea?

You really just don't get it. Having things horrible happen to me and my loved ones hasn't made a speck of difference in my spiritual being.

Get what? The Atheism or the spiritual being part or your personal experience. To be honest with you I'm fairly certain "I really do get it".

Your assertion that "there's no atheists in foxholes" is wrong. That's what you don't get.

In a world of 1's and 0's you are right, there will be an Atheist in a foxhole somewhere. I will add that might be the exception and not the rule...

To me a spiritual person is not an Atheist, that is just my opinion.

What it is I'm not getting is irrelevant but I understand your point

You're right. We don't get the same feelings. But again, flip around your pity and "feeling sorry." Does it offend you if I say that I feel sorry for you that you believe in a make-believe person? It should because it's offensive and belittles your beliefs.

Understand that I'm not saying you'll harbor doubt about your faith if I say that. Just saying that you'll be annoyed and think I'm being a jerk to equate your god with the tooth fairy, Zeus, and Santa's elves.

Or turn to an an analogy. I would guess you love being an American. Would you say to a Korean that you feel sorry for them because they live in Korea?

I don't feel pity for you. I tried to explain that in my last post. It was a wrong choice of words. You probly do think I'm worshipping a make-believe person,and that's fine. It doesn't offend me. I'm not sure if you're really all butt-hurt about this or if you just want to argue.

I have a question to all of you about this subject.

How do the words "One nation under God", become harmful to people?

Once god starts taking it seriously, he/she/it will realize how awful we are and just kill all of us, Sodom and Gomorrah style :P