Let's Face Facts, Shall We?

No. There's plenty of QB talent. Jimmy Clausen and Sam Bradford are future Canton enshrinees and guys like Tony Pike, Colt McCoy, and John Skelton will be perennial Pro Bowl players. Not to mention the deity that is Tim Tebow...

Two for Canton and the other three are pro bowlers. Too bad we have to wait to see the accuracy of this prophecy.

Two for Canton and the other three are pro bowlers. Too bad we have to wait to see the accuracy of this prophecy.
Pretty funny right now if you ask me :blush:

Both Bradford and Clausen are coming off surgery and both have concerns because of that. I'd at least wait until I see them at their pro day before I cantonize them. But hey, that's just me <_<

It is remarkable but what are the choices for real fans? Whether they suck or not I am not going to switch teams. I am still going to make two trips to Buffalo with my sons and attend the games with my brothers and their kids.

That is what we do win or lose. Tailgate, have fun, watch the games, and quite often walk out of the stadium shaking our heads in disbelief.

My youngest son got to experience the agony after the Dallas Monday Night game, then repeated it against Cleveland last year. I know he is a real Bills fan now.

Good for you! A lot of 'fans' are writing this team off because of changes. There is a 50/50 shot that change will produce good/bad results. I happen to think that the changes so far will be beneficial for the team. They may not reach the playoffs, but this will be a better coached, better conditioned, better disciplined team than the last 3 years.

Hang tight.

Pretty funny right now if you ask me :blush:

Both Bradford and Clausen are coming off surgery and both have concerns because of that. I'd at least wait until I see them at their pro day before I cantonize them. But hey, that's just me <_<

You fellas flunk sarcasm in school?

1) There are very few if any viable free agents, especially at those positions of our greatest needs.

2) This draft appears to be lacking at the vital positions of QB and LT.

3) The duo of Levy/Jauron, starting with the Whitner pick, did untold damage to this franchise. Yes, Ralph is to blame for hiring this unwanted, incompetent combo, but they couldn't have been much worse.

4) We have little to no trade bait. Players such as Lynch and Lil' Donte truly are a dime a dozen. They are so-so players with serious character issues. A 4th would be a lot to expect for either one of these losers, let alone what we could get for the garbage that is Roscoe Parrish.

Where does this leave us? I am hoping that we are able to grab a real football player, to wit: Rolando McClain. If he is gone (as I strongly suspect he will be), I would be fine with Bulaga, even though he looks like a right tackle to me. We are just so weak that an almost unprecedentedly early (except for our own blunder with Mike Williams) RT would be worth a #9 in terms of trying to make this weak team strong. Yes, we HAVE sunk that low.

Is there any good news? Perhaps. Whereas I never had any faith in the undynamic, dopey, senile duo of Levy/Jauron, there IS reason to hope that Nix/Gailey know how to build a football team. We will know if they suck in the first round of the draft if they take a defensive back. I don't expect them to, but as a serious, long term Bills Fan, I accept the premise that anything this dumb isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Still, hope springs eternal that these guys know enough about football to look at and shun this type of stupidity. Maybe they will trade down and get more picks. Maybe they have their eyes on talented players who could fall to us. Maybe Gaily can develop one of the qbs on our roster. I just don't know.

What I DO know is that Bills Fans deserve some good luck and again, hope truly does spring eternal.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it that when you see the words "Let's Face Facts" on these boards, what follows is inevitably the posters opinions?

Those aren't facts. They are opinions.

This draft is extremely deep at LT, and has two potential franchise QBs, which is a pretty decent year.

Levy and Jauron didn't do all that well, but IMHO Jauron's fate came about largely because of a lack of good players, and you can't blame Levy for not doing all that well at a job he should never have been hired for. And Levy's work was mixed, some good, some bad.

This season should be written off. Needs at LT, RT, NT, OLB, combined with depth at DL and LB are, as Nix has said, too many holes to fill in one off-season.

If a team has not had success in a decade, I still expect a better attempt in the first year to win. What's remarkable is how many fans here are willing to give them another 2-3 years after 10 years of ineptitude.

We're Bills fans. That's what we do. We did it before Kelly and we're doing it again. As long as the Bills are in Buffalo, I'm in it for the long haul.

Keeripes....I live in My Yami......what am I supposed to do....cheer for the friggin fish?

Totally disagree. The Bills should've signed Julius Peppers and traded Lynch, Whitner and a 3rd round pick for Vince Wilfork.

Could not disagree more on both accounts. Big name free agents seem to rarely pan out with their new team. FA should be used for depth and role players. Build through the draft.

What makes you think Wilfork is even available for trade ... much less a stupid one from the patsies* point of view. Whitner is clearly over-rated and Lynch is one screw up from a major suspension.

I've said that if the Bills' organization believe that Bradford or Clausen can be THE guy and they're there w/ the 9th pick (doubtful), then go for it. Otherwise, use the pick to get the best talent you can. The Bills have plenty of areas they can go w/ the pick, so they don't have to narrow their scope to one or two players. After the first round, I just hope the Bills work to fill as many holes on this team as they can: get a nose tackle if you can, get a decent left tackle if you can, get an OLB that can rush the passer and has enough size to hold up against the run, and so on.
Sarcasm sucks. :blush:

Pretty funny right now if you ask me <_<

You have been "Riched" please repair your sarcasm detector by :blush: X 5.

Levy and Jauron didn't do all that well, but IMHO Jauron's fate came about largely because of a lack of good players, and you can't blame Levy for not doing all that well at a job he should never have been hired for. And Levy's work was mixed, some good, some bad.

Where was the good? :blush:

Good for you! A lot of 'fans' are writing this team off because of changes. There is a 50/50 shot that change will produce good/bad results. I happen to think that the changes so far will be beneficial for the team. They may not reach the playoffs, but this will be a better coached, better conditioned, better disciplined team than the last 3 years.

Hang tight.

Part of the problem since Burtler left is too much change. Sooner or later Ralph has to hit it right and find someone that can run a football team. I stick with them but it is difficult at times.

Jauron just about wore me down. I will never forget his bizzare game management issues and the review flag that he could not get onto the field in time.

Hang tight.

You have a terrific perspective on the state of affairs of this franchise. I, like you, want to see an intelligent rebuilding plan executed. I certainly don't expect a visit to the playoffs this year or even in the next three years. That doesn't mean that the team shouldn't be better coached, perform at a higher level and be more entertaining to watch.

It is my belief that Nix is going to build the team from the lines out. The team is going to be bigger and stronger. Over the next few years the roster is going to be cleansed of a lot of the players who are currently on the roster. Instead of the erratic and inexplicable decision-making of the old front office I see the Nix regime working in a very steady and forward manner. The shame of the Bills situation is that the Bills wasted three years during the Levy/Brandon era setting the franchise back instead of moving forward. A lot of the personnel decisions they made are being corrected. That has hurt this franchise immeasurably.