Jake fits the Bill

Nasty

I think we should target Jake Delhomme (QB) and Maake Kemoeatu (DT/NT) as our top free agents to be. I like Williams to from SD to fill the NT billet but I think he is way past his prime and close to retire. On the other hand Kemoeatu still has a good 5 years left in the tank if all went well from his sergury which according to sources and what I have read this morning he will be ready for training camp. Back to the headline, I think we should bring in Jake to sure up our QB situation and give him a fresh start. Sometimes a change of scenery is good for a player and I think he could teach TE a thing or two cause its not like he ever had a mentor before. Plus Jake is the kind of teammate that I think would make everyone on offense a little better. He definately isn't gun shy and will throw the ball down field (although last year it was to the wrong team alot) but he never blamed anyone but himself for his poor play. He has a big arm and is a Pro Bowler and took his team to the Superbowl and two NFC championship games (proven winner). Remember the situation that Drew was in when he came to Buffalo. Everyone thought he was washed up. Even though he didn't take us to the playoffs he did give us our last winning sean (9-7) and at least a shot at the playoffs going into the last week of the season. I would take that from Jake at least it would make the whole season better for us.

I think we should target Jake Delhomme (QB) and Maake Kemoeatu (DT/NT) as our top free agents to be. I like Williams to from SD to fill the NT billet but I think he is way past his prime and close to retire. On the other hand Kemoeatu still has a good 5 years left in the tank if all went well from his sergury which according to sources and what I have read this morning he will be ready for training camp. Back to the headline, I think we should bring in Jake to sure up our QB situation and give him a fresh start. Sometimes a change of scenery is good for a player and I think he could teach TE a thing or two cause its not like he ever had a mentor before. Plus Jake is the kind of teammate that I think would make everyone on offense a little better. He definately isn't gun shy and will throw the ball down field (although last year it was to the wrong team alot) but he never blamed anyone but himself for his poor play. He has a big arm and is a Pro Bowler and took his team to the Superbowl and two NFC championship games (proven winner). Remember the situation that Drew was in when he came to Buffalo. Everyone thought he was washed up. Even though he didn't take us to the playoffs he did give us our last winning sean (9-7) and at least a shot at the playoffs going into the last week of the season. I would take that from Jake at least it would make the whole season better for us.

I like the thought of Delhomme coming in or Derek Anderson from Cleveland. Anderson had one stellar year and can get the ball down the field, and Delhomme has been to the big game before. He will have something to prove this year after getting a new contract last year then getting aced.

Also, we should keep Rich Incognito and go after Adam Terry who was let go from the Ravens. He grew up in Glens Falls, went to Syracuse, was a 2nd round pick for the Ravens and practiced against the Raven's D. He has low mileage.

I like the thought of Delhomme coming in or Derek Anderson from Cleveland. Anderson had one stellar year and can get the ball down the field, and Delhomme has been to the big game before. He will have something to prove this year after getting a new contract last year then getting aced.

Also, we should keep Rich Incognito and go after Adam Terry who was let go from the Ravens. He grew up in Glens Falls, went to Syracuse, was a 2nd round pick for the Ravens and practiced against the Raven's D. He has low mileage.

Holy crap, I had no idea that the Ravens did not tender Adam Terry. The Bills should be ALL OVER THIS if they were smart. He could step right into our RT void.

not signing incognito was stupid- why would you not want a tough, hard-nosed played on your team

Delhomme is one of the worst QB's I have ever seen- and I have watched the debacle at QB in Buffalo the past 40 years with the exception of Kelly and Ferguson

he may not be "great," but hes still better than anyone we have

You thought Jake was crying alot today. No way anybody in their sane mind would come to play behind our so called offensive line. Were stuck with what we got and draft until the line is rebuilt.

Thank you SeaDog!!!!! you and I seem to have the same idea that we won't go anywhere or do anything until we get solid line play. We will draft an o-lineman early then go after the D-lineman. We don't need a QB. Especially one that cries and feels like he was unfairly let go. BULLPUCKY!! He sucks and needs to move on in his career in broadcasting games for high school teams in SC.

So we only expect to win 1-2 games next year?

According to you, if we don't draft our franchise guy this year we might! :thumbsup:

Seriously though, I doubt we do that bad but hey you never know. We could always trade up for a QB next year. That should make you happy, right? Haha.

We should target Jake 'The Snake' Roberts.

Are you with me Roddy Piper?

Jake the Snake is hanging in Piper's Pit with the Million Dollar Man and Virgil. It would take a huge contract to get him to put the champagne down and bust some heads.

I think we should target Jake Delhomme (QB) and Maake Kemoeatu (DT/NT) as our top free agents to be. I like Williams to from SD to fill the NT billet but I think he is way past his prime and close to retire. On the other hand Kemoeatu still has a good 5 years left in the tank if all went well from his sergury which according to sources and what I have read this morning he will be ready for training camp. Back to the headline, I think we should bring in Jake to sure up our QB situation :wallbash: and give him a fresh start. Sometimes a change of scenery is good for a player and I think he could teach TE a thing or two cause its not like he ever had a mentor before. Plus Jake is the kind of teammate that I think would make everyone on offense a little better. He definately isn't gun shy and will throw the ball down field (although last year it was to the wrong team alot) but he never blamed anyone but himself for his poor play. He has a big arm and is a Pro Bowler and took his team to the Superbowl and two NFC championship games (proven winner). Remember the situation that Drew was in when he came to Buffalo. Everyone thought he was washed up. Even though he didn't take us to the playoffs he did give us our last winning sean (9-7) and at least a shot at the playoffs going into the last week of the season. I would take that from Jake at least it would make the whole season better for us.

NO!!!!! :wallbash:

not signing incognito was stupid- why would you not want a tough, hard-nosed played on your team

Becuase he is also very well known for taking multiple stupid unnecessary roughness penalties. If you think it was hard enough for the Bills to get first downs on a regular basis last year, occassional throw them back 15 yards a few times a game and see what that does

Just because the guy plays tough, doesn't mean he also plays smart. You have to know how to turn the aggression on and off like a switch, something he has proven he can't do, thats why a team with more problems then Buffalo gave him away for nothing

So we only expect to win 1-2 games next year?

I think 5 or 6 with trade up capabilities

the good news most of the other bad teams have invested or will invest this year in high picks on qb's . We might have a clear path to the top

in our division this is not going to be a one year fix

my guess is we are 7 point or more underdogs in every division game this year

Pete is right on here.

We don't need another half way decent QB in the fold. Delhomme and Derick Anderson are not answers to anyones problems they are more problems. The answer is the O-Line

The Bills have drafted 5 Offensive line men since 2002. That includes the 2 last year. And you wonder why our line sucks.

The good news is 2 were drafted last year and you have to hope that atleast 1 will be taken this year (#9 on an OT)

So Levitre looks to be solid, not spectacular but he played well. Wood looked good but that leg injury was disgusting, no word on whether he will be back.

After this year's draft we will know more about the rebuilt line. If we do the smart thing and take a Tackle at 9. That gives us 3 First round picks on the offensive line. If the rookie tackle plays well and wood comes back that could give us a pretty decent line.

At that point bringing in a nice rookie or a great veteran would be the smart move.

Jack Locker would be a dream come true but unless he has a horrible year or a horrible injury he is going to go #1 overall.

As bad as the Bills' offense plays I don't think they're a 1-15 team more like a 4-12, 6-10 team in 2010. Locker won't be there at #5-#9.

But I really like Dan LeFevour. If we let Trent or Brohm get smacked around with a young line in 2010 while the o-line gels, Dan LeFevour can take some time to develop and he can be ready halfway through 2011.

If Wood isn't ready to come back and or the First Round tackle isn't taken or doesn't pan out, the Bills offense is going to be screwed for atleast another 3 years.

Jake Locker first pick of the draft for the Bills next year

Delhomme would be a "SURE" pick machine in November and December in Buffalo :wallbash: with that 36 year old noodle arm!!

I would take Brohm's learning curve over him in a heart beat!!!

Keep in mind that we are trying to win.