For those of you that actually like Bell

For all the trade Peters fans

As Elsayed points out, Bills fans might be even more frustrated to know the Pro Bowler they traded to the Philadelphia Eagles a year ago, Jason Peters, finished eighth (seven sacks, five QB hits and 14 pressures in 17 games).

:lol:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a similar vein, for those of you who actually liked Peters and wanted to pay him $10M/year after his 2008 season, look where they ranked him in 2009. Then look where they ranked him for the aforementioned 2008 season.

#4 overall for LTs at pass blocking? That's no good?

In a similar vein, for those of you who actually liked Peters and wanted to pay him $10M/year after his 2008 season, look where they ranked him in 2009. Then look where they ranked him for the aforementioned 2008 season.

How many probowls has Peters made in a row? I'll take the opinion of fellow athletes, coaches and GMs that determine the probowl rosters :lol:

As a mathmatics and business analyst I can tell you there are variables not taken into account the single biggest may be down and distance. So how many times did Bell face a long yardage 2nd or 3rd down allowing the defensive player to have an advantage by ruling out a running play. Bottom line is the Bills do not know what they have in any of the individuals on the team because the collective team has been horrible. If you put even a great player in enough difficult situations he is bound to fail more than a peer on a better team.

Bell is terrible. How does this explain all of the penalties specifically false starts? How do you not remember the freakin snap count?

QUOTE (DarthICE @ Mar 3 2010, 02:15 PM) *

Yeah about that....we are the only in the AFCE not set at QUARTERBACK either....a greater need than LT.

If we are not in position to draft Bradford or Clausen then whom do you recommend to be the next qb for us?

ZING!!!! he can't answer that one :lol: His persistent argument is a useless hypothetical one. He bangs the drum like Keith Moon about getting a franchise QB above all else even if he will get killed behind our non existent o-line. Top 10 drafted QBs play and start their rookie year with but the Phillip Rivers exception in the last BUNCH of years. There is no get your top 10 pick QB and let him sit on the bench. Doesn't happen. When you ask him which QB qualifies this year as the next Jim Kelly Franchise guy and if he thinks they will be there for us at #9.......nothing but crickets!!!!!

Yeah Bell didn't play well what are the odds- never played football until college where he started out as a DE, then was switched to OT because of injuries, never had an offseason football strength program because he was on the basketball team until his senior year.

Guess what? This isn't college, and he was made the starting LT for a team people had high hopes for. Buffalo isn't in the business of developing players for the majors, this is the majors. I'm tired of hearing excuses about why players aren't good.

Thought LTs were the subject of both Tim's blog post and this discussion.

Not to mention, LT's typically take on the opponents best pass rusher. Peters some good ones in the NFCE, although he certainly wasn't perfect. People are talking about Jared Gaither, but he gave up about as many sacks as Peters did. (4 versus 6)

QUOTE (DarthICE @ Mar 3 2010, 02:15 PM) *

Yeah about that....we are the only in the AFCE not set at QUARTERBACK either....a greater need than LT.

ZING!!!! he can't answer that one :lol: His persistent argument is a useless hypothetical one. He bangs the drum like Keith Moon about getting a franchise QB above all else even if he will get killed behind our non existent o-line. Top 10 drafted QBs play and start their rookie year with but the Phillip Rivers exception in the last BUNCH of years. There is no get your top 10 pick QB and let him sit on the bench. Doesn't happen. When you ask him which QB qualifies this year as the next Jim Kelly Franchise guy and if he thinks they will be there for us at #9.......nothing but crickets!!!!!

Trade up. So let me ask this....when do we get that Franchise QB? You expect us to have a top 2 pick next year? If we are even worse than this year and have say the 7th pick next year, it still isn't enough to get a 'franchise' QB. So at one point do you pull the trigger and trade UP and get one?

How many probowls has Peters made in a row? I'll take the opinion of fellow athletes, coaches and GMs that determine the probowl rosters :lol:

Taking nothing away from Peters' talent but when the vote of the fans counts as 1/3 of the votes and fans can vote as often as possible, well that skews things a bit.

I don't put much stock in player votes, except those votes by players that actually play against the players they're voting for. It's long been a popularity contest among the players. Even moreso than the fans. When a player can vote for another player he hasn't even seen play in a given season again, the results are skewed.

I put a lot of stock into the opinions of the coaches as they're much more familiar with players they may or may not have faced in a given season. I put all my faith in the coaches' selections for Pro Bowl alternates as the game coaches themselves name the replacements. That's about as pure an evaluation of a player's current season performance as you're going to get.

Much more prestigious are the ALL PRO teams as selected by the writers.

Take the fans and players out of the voting process and then we're onto something more than just the glorified popularity contest we have now.

GO BILLS!!!

Trade up. So let me ask this....when do we get that Franchise QB? You expect us to have a top 2 pick next year? If we are even worse than this year and have say the 7th pick next year, it still isn't enough to get a 'franchise' QB. So at one point do you pull the trigger and trade UP and get one?

IMHO... you do so after the O-line is set, then you get your guy. I think that the Jets are a great example of this. Not only did their great O-line help Sanchez but it fueled their running game as well, taking some pressure off of Sanchez.

So, maybe next year if we feel better about the O-line then we trade up and get our franchise guy. (a la the Jets)

I actually do still like Bell.

- Extremely raw

- Was thrown to the wolves last year. I truly wonder what that staff was thinking when they put all their eggs in the Bell basket and let Langston Walker go. We had virtually NO vet experience on the line it was almost like they were setting Juaron up for failure. Bell was not ready to be a full time starter at left tackle.

- I really hope they didn't ruin him because I think he is going to eventually end up a very good "swing" tackle with seasoning and strength work.

- A really nice story to....its hard not to root for D. Bell to do well.

Maybe you can start 2 threads. One about how you believe John Clayton is more of an inside source on the Bills than Ralph Wilson would gain some attention for you too.

Is there a link for that?

Ok again....Dallas got the QB first and built around him....they won 3 superbowls. Get the QB.

You are like a puppy dog chasing his tail. There is a good probability that the Rams will select Bradford with their first pick. If that is the case do you believe that we should trade up with Detroit to get Clausen and then further mortgage our future and ability to address so many more needs?

If the Bills are in position to take Bradford then so be it, let's do it. But your fantasy scenario is very unlikely to materialize. What if your hero Nix doesn't have Clausen as highly rated as you do? Do the Bills then stretch to make a bad deal? The Jets were able to trade up to get Sanchez because their team was very solid to begin with. So mortgaging one draft was a reasonable strategy to take.

There are a lot of routes to take to acquire a franchise qb. Sometimes it can't be done right away. Arizona was able to get to get Kurt Warner off the market in the very late stages of his career. New Orleans got Brees from the free agency market with no compensation required. Minnesota got Favre off a fraudulent retirement list. New England hit the jackpot with Brady as a 6th round selection. Henne was a second round pick of the Phins.

The Bills' front office can only make decsions based on their real life situation. They can't make decisions on fictitious scenarios like fantasy players. There is a real world out there. Facing the reality of a situation is much more productive than imagining what one would like to do.