Bills to be active in Free Agency?

Here's the article:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...4d-89e54d231034

I especially like this quote from Nix towards the end.

"We can't do everything in a one-year period," he said. "And we can't do everything through the draft. So we have to plug in some holes according to what's available. These other guys that are restricted on some other teams, we don't know what's going to happen with them yet, but we will try to plug in some holes before the draft."

That all sounds well and good, but the one thing I hope the Bills do is continue to add players AFTER the Draft as well. Sometimes you'll see a player get cut post-Draft or cut during Training Camp who could help our team, but the past Bills regimes seemed to just completely ignore free agency once the Draft was over. I hope that Nix will do as he said during his press conference and "fill in the gaps" once the Draft is over as well.

Here's the article:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...4d-89e54d231034

I especially like this quote from Nix towards the end.

"We can't do everything in a one-year period," he said. "And we can't do everything through the draft. So we have to plug in some holes according to what's available. These other guys that are restricted on some other teams, we don't know what's going to happen with them yet, but we will try to plug in some holes before the draft."

That all sounds well and good, but the one thing I hope the Bills do is continue to add players AFTER the Draft as well. Sometimes you'll see a player get cut post-Draft or cut during Training Camp who could help our team, but the past Bills regimes seemed to just completely ignore free agency once the Draft was over. I hope that Nix will do as he said during his press conference and "fill in the gaps" once the Draft is over as well.

Well, I assumed that at least a couple of FA's would be brought in and it looks like they will. I just hope they don't get guys they have to give up picks for.

OT but this intrigues me;

For a team like the Bills making over your roster through free agency is going to be easier said than done when the anticipated uncapped rules take effect on Friday. Over 200 players in the league that were to be unrestricted free agents, will instead be restricted. With the majority of those restricted players likely to be tendered, signing those players to offer sheets comes at the expense of compensation.

That's 200 guys who are pissed no new CBA has been worked out yet. I think the NFL was banking on that putting a lot of pressure on the union.

Well, I assumed that at least a couple of FA's would be brought in and it looks like they will. I just hope they don't get guys they have to give up picks for.

OT but this intrigues me;

For a team like the Bills making over your roster through free agency is going to be easier said than done when the anticipated uncapped rules take effect on Friday. Over 200 players in the league that were to be unrestricted free agents, will instead be restricted. With the majority of those restricted players likely to be tendered, signing those players to offer sheets comes at the expense of compensation.

That's 200 guys who are pissed no new CBA has been worked out yet. I think the NFL was banking on that putting a lot of pressure on the union.

Never thought of it that way. Very good point.

I'll believe the Bills will be active in free agency when i see it but fill the gap type players sounds like 3rd tier guys to me

I agree. I haven't seen anything that makes me think they may go after top talent. I hope I'm wrong, but I have this feeling that it will be "same old, same old." They pick up a few players who they hype as improvements, then the players play like benchwarmers. Why would an owner hire inexpensive staff if he was serious about paying for quality players? It's just Wilson, asking us to bend over again.

For all of you who have high aspirations of picking up big name FA's, I believe that you're going to be somewhat disappointed this offseason. Nix has already stated that this won't be the route that the Bills will be moving towards, and rightfully so.

For all of you who have high aspirations of picking up big name FA's, I believe that you're going to be somewhat disappointed this offseason. Nix has already stated that this won't be the route that the Bills will be moving towards, and rightfully so.

Marlon Favorite.

Oh YEAH!!! <_<

I agree. I haven't seen anything that makes me think they may go after top talent. I hope I'm wrong, but I have this feeling that it will be "same old, same old." They pick up a few players who they hype as improvements, then the players play like benchwarmers. Why would an owner hire inexpensive staff if he was serious about paying for quality players? It's just Wilson, asking us to bend over again.

More puff pieces from OBD Lead Cheerleader Chris Brown. Every year, the hype begets the hope and fans anxiously await the start of free agency. Granted it's different in 2010, but with a team headed for the cellar of the AFCE, a good faith signing would go a long way. But yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

i'd love for the bills to go after someone like:

lb-dansby, brackett, banta-cain, foote.

de-kaampman, d. edwards,

qb-pennington, mcnabb, thigpen

t-gandy, clifton, colon, brown

Gandy? are you serious, you know how many threads have been on here slandering Mike Gandy when he was a Bill. Colon has a first round tender thats not goiing to happen.

Gandy? are you serious, you know how many threads have been on here slandering Mike Gandy when he was a Bill. Colon has a first round tender thats not goiing to happen.

didnt know that colon got a first round tender. but why not gandy atleast for depth? dude started 106 games, but it doesnt matter because people on this board think hes bad?