I finally disagree with Nix

DarthICE

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/02/26/9709...s-on-first.html

The Bills do not seem ready to give up on Edwards, who went into last season with high hopes after going 12-11 his first two years and completing 65.5 percent of his passes in 2008. But Edwards suffered a concussion in the sixth game of last season that kept him out two weeks, then lost his job to Fitzpatrick for five games, then missed the last two games with an ankle injury.

Fitzpatrick went 5-5 for the Bills last season. Brohm was drafted in the second round by Green Bay in 2008 but couldn't make the Packers' roster last season and was signed by the Bills in November.

"There's three there that have got talent," Nix said when he took the GM job. "You've got to have some protection. It's hard to throw from laying on your back."

Lets talk about talent. Edwards...is a kitty. Weak minded, a chicken **** that is afraid to throw the ball how NFL top notch QB's throw it. Then again even if he had balls, which he doesn't, he doesn't have the arm to get it there. He 'pushes' the ball which is absolutely horrible instead of slinging it. He is, was and will always be captain check down. He is more fragile than a China doll. He has had 3 years and he absolutely sucks. Now other than a few Edwards lovers here, the Majority of fans are tired of this Bull **** and want him gone as evidenced by the rain of boos on him when he entered the NE game.

Fitz, Rams, Bungles and Bills and can't get a starting job at any of them. No one else other than Buffalo wanted to bring him in when we acquired him in free agency. He is nothing more than a career backup at best. Perry Fewell benched Edwards (shock) and let Fitz start. His performance was average at best...along with the rest of his career.

Brohm. The only reason some fans are on this guys jock is they heard his name from draft 'guru's a few years ago. The somehow think a guy who sucked in Green Bay, couldn't beat out a 7th rounder and land the 3rd QB spot on their roster is somehow suddenly going to turn into an NFL QB in Buffalo.

How can anyone believe in or actually think a QB that Marv, or Russ brandon brought in is going to be worth a damn? That right there should be a huge red sign signaling to ship all of their asses out of here.

So, it looks like Nix and Gailey are conceding the 2010 season, because the only way we are going to get a good QB in the draft is to suck so badly we are a top 2 pick next year. And that pretty much means conceding the 2011 season (if we have one) as well while he develops.

Maybe a trade for McNabb wouldn't be so bad after all :unsure:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills do not seem ready to give up on Edwards, who went into last season with high hopes after going 12-11 his first two years and completing 65.5 percent of his passes in 2008. But Edwards suffered a concussion in the sixth game of last season that kept him out two weeks, then lost his job to Fitzpatrick for five games, then missed the last two games with an ankle injury.

Fitzpatrick went 5-5 for the Bills last season. Brohm was drafted in the second round by Green Bay in 2008 but couldn't make the Packers' roster last season and was signed by the Bills in November.

"There's three there that have got talent," Nix said when he took the GM job. "You've got to have some protection. It's hard to throw from laying on your back."

Lets talk about talent. Edwards...is a kitty. Weak minded, a chicken **** that is afraid to throw the ball how NFL top notch QB's throw it. Then again even if he had balls, which he doesn't, he doesn't have the arm to get it there. He 'pushes' the ball which is absolutely horrible instead of slinging it. He is, was and will always be captain check down. He is more fragile than a China doll. He has had 3 years and he absolutely sucks. Now other than a few Edwards lovers here, the Majority of fans are tired of this Bull **** and want him gone as evidenced by the rain of boos on him when he entered the NE game.

Fitz, Rams, Bungles and Bills and can't get a starting job at any of them. No one else other than Buffalo wanted to bring him in when we acquired him in free agency. He is nothing more than a career backup at best. Perry Fewell benched Edwards (shock) and let Fitz start. His performance was average at best...along with the rest of his career.

Brohm. The only reason some fans are on this guys jock is they heard his name from draft 'guru's a few years ago. The somehow think a guy who sucked in Green Bay, couldn't beat out a 7th rounder and land the 3rd QB spot on their roster is somehow suddenly going to turn into an NFL QB in Buffalo.

How can anyone believe in or actually think a QB that Marv, or Russ brandon brought in is going to be worth a damn? That right there should be a huge red sign signaling to ship all of their asses out of here.

So, it looks like Nix and Gailey are conceding the 2010 season, because the only way we are going to get a good QB in the draft is to suck so badly we are a top 2 pick next year. And that pretty much means conceding the 2011 season (if we have one) as well while he develops.

I understand why you'd feel that way, but there's no question that this was a genuinely horrible situation for QBs last year, no decent LTs, young inexperienced interior guys, no opportunity to gel, and an OC who didn't write the playbook and had never called plays ...

It really was horrible. Yeah, Trent looked awful ... much worse than he looked last year. He regressed, and you have to ask why. Just like Losman regressed. There are some major systemic problems here.

And we picked Gailey specifically because he had had success with non-standard QBs like Slash (not the guitarist) and Thigpen. You have to figure he looks at these guys with more educated eyes than we have.

It's worth remembering that neither Eli Manning nor Drew Brees looked like franchise QBs till their fourth year of 16 games a year. That's 48 games plus of experience.

I disagree with your disagreeing with Nix. With Bradford likely being the 1st overall pick and not much else outside of prospects/projects, eschewing taking a 1st round QB and drafting one in the later rounds, to compete with the 3 they have, is the way to go.

I disagree with your disagreeing with Nix. With Bradford likely being the 1st overall pick and not much else outside of prospects/projects, eschewing taking a 1st round QB and drafting one in the later rounds, to compete with the 3 they have, is the way to go.

Darth likes to harp about the need for a qb but offers no logic solution .

he doesn't like the three we have. wants no part of Pennington , campbell or whitehurst.

unless there is going to be a jay cutler situation pop up I don't see a great solution.

by the way year on of the Cutler thing didn't workout to well eitehr

Conceding the season? Are you kidding me? The Bills are presently a half-step ahead of being at the level of an expansion team. The Bills are not going to make the playoffs this season or the next. The Buffalo Bills are in a rebuilding mode. If you don't understand what that means then I'll explain it to you: The Bills are YEARS away from contending for the playoffs. Just look at the teams within our division and try to fairly judge where the local team presently stands at. We are the worst team in the division and will be for a few years, assuming that this front office starts making smart personnel decision.s

Getting a veteran qb such as McNabb is not going to happen. The only way we can get him is to give up some high picks. That would be moronic for a rebuilding team. I don't understand your crusade against Edwards. Last year was disasterous for him and the team in general. If you consider his talents so lacking then why are you so afraid to allow him to compete for the qb position? What happens if he out performs the other qb candidates? What happens if he proves to be a decent backup? What is wrong with that?

The Bills are lacking on the OL, the DL, qb, LB, receivers or to put it simply everyplace but the defensive backfield. This front office needs to start with the OL and DL and then work its way to the other positions. Your desire to draft a franchise qb is probably going to be derailed even if the front office wanted to draft a qb with their first pick because the two who qualify as first round values could be takened off the board before we even get to make the pick.

The best way a prospect qb can succeed is to have him play with a competent OL. The worst approach to take is to get him consistently mauled. Just look at what happened to David Carr's development and career when he started behind an ill-equipped line in Houston.

If Bradford or Clausen are on the board when the Bills go to the podium and this front office decides to take one of them then I'm okay with that. But I strongly sense that even if one of those two qbs are available the Bills will still take an OT. Because of our stupid owner choosing the ill-equipped Levy and then Brandon to head the football operation the franchise wasted three years of critical rebuilding time. There comes a time when you have to establish a direction for the franchise and then execute the plan to get to the point of team credibility. We are not there yet. Taking the short cut only further delays the time it takes to reach the so far elusive destination.

Conceding the season? Are you kidding me? The Bills are presently a half-step ahead of being at the level of an expansion team. The Bills are not going to make the playoffs this season or the next. The Buffalo Bills are in a rebuilding mode. If you don't understand what that means then I'll explain it to you: The Bills are YEARS away from contending for the playoffs. Just look at the teams within our division and try to fairly judge where the local team presently stands at. We are the worst team in the division and will be for a few years, assuming that this front office starts making smart personnel decision.s

Hey partner, this isn't the 80's where if you sucked, you'd go from 2-14 to 4-12 to 7-8 to 12-4. You can turn around a team in one season as evidenced by the MIAMI DOLPHINS. Hell, they were 1-15 before winning the division, at least we won 6 games last year. I'm not saying I'd bet the farm that they're going to be good next year, but you don't have to go through the elaborate re-building process that you used to. I would bet you that at least 1, probably 2 teams make the playoffs next year that totally sucked this past year.

Hey partner, this isn't the 80's where if you sucked, you'd go from 2-14 to 4-12 to 7-8 to 12-4. You can turn around a team in one season as evidenced by the MIAMI DOLPHINS. Hell, they were 1-15 before winning the division, at least we won 6 games last year. I'm not saying I'd bet the farm that they're going to be good next year, but you don't have to go through the elaborate re-building process that you used to. I would bet you that at least 1, probably 2 teams make the playoffs next year that totally sucked this past year.

The Bills situation is more challenging because the three teams within our division are so much more advanced than we are. Name a team within our division (New England, Jets and Phins) which you think we are going to surpass next year or the year after? Bill Parcells and Bill Bilichick are two of the top football people in the game. They both know how to build a successful franchise. Do you truly believe that we are going to advance past their teams in the forseeable future? Do you believe that a Ralph Wilson team is going to invest more financial resources than the three mentioned teams? Those three teams at least have their franchise qb. The Bills don't.

The Bills have been bad for a very long time. They dug themselves a mighty big hole. It is going to take a lot of time and patience to be serious contenders. You might see a quick fix, I don't. I'm not looking or desiring a quick fix. Building the foundation correctly might take a little more time but in the long run it is the best approach to take.

what he said +1

Because of our stupid owner choosing the ill-equipped Levy and then Brandon to head the football operation the franchise wasted three years of critical rebuilding time. There comes a time when you have to establish a direction for the franchise and then execute the plan to get to the point of team credibility. We are not there yet. Taking the short cut only further delays the time it takes to reach the so far elusive destination.

I really find it odd that people think Marv did not have a rebuilding plan. Veteran linemen were brought in, some of our current linemen were signed to longer term deals. The deals for these people are coming due in a cascading manner so we don't have a ton of people to bring in at one time. I thought the plan itself was fine, the execution sucked. I understand there is going to be some overpaying, but there was (and is) too much for mediocre talent. The problem was the talent evaluation, not whether the talent came from the draft or FA. When you decide that McCargo can play in this league, you take Whitner because of the need and you spend the extra draft pick to get the DT. It's my opinion the Marv Levy era was more indicative of the talent evaluation going on at OBD than anything else, including Ralph. Marv let those people do their jobs, but unfortunately they were not very good at what they do.

I look forward to Nix/Chan making the call on our qb because I have confidence they can rebuild this roster with their ability to make good personnel decisions and get the most out of those players.

b]Nix said when he took the GM job. "You've got to have some protection. It's hard to throw from laying on your back."[/b]

He's absolutely right. We really won't know what we have until they get some protection Case in point: Cassell looked like a stud 2 years ago behind Pats line. Last year in KC he looked shell shocked and was often injured.

I don't care who you are, Lombardi, Shanahan, Cowher, Knox, Landry, Walsh...you can't polish a turd. You know that little speck of white on chicken ****? It's still chicken ****....which is what we have for talent at the QB position. Until it is finally addressed with some real, Quality talent, this team is never going to succeed.

I think he's taking the pragmatic view that the Bills aren't a one year fix and it's a mistake to over reach for 'need' this year that may' may not be the answer. If there was a Peyton Manning available then he'd be singing a different tune.

There's no one worth taking that kind of risk on in such a deep draft at other positions. If the idea is to upgrade talent then you don't bring in guys who don't have it because they *might* be better than the guys you have when you can make definitive upgrades elsewhere.

Nothing he said there indicates he believes any one of these guys is the solution. It's a case of there's not many clear options out there that would be an upgrade *worth* pursuing. Just because everyone likes a QBs fiery attitude doesn't mean he's "worth" the cost.

This strikes as more of what I'd expect from a GM in using your resources wisely instead of panicking and signing Derrick Dockery to a gigantic contract.

He's absolutely right. We really won't know what we have until they get some protection Case in point: Cassell looked like a stud 2 years ago behind Pats line. Last year in KC he looked shell shocked and was often injured.

Even Fitzpatrick looked awesome against the Colts when he wasn't running for his life.

PTR