Are we still gonna try to trade Whitner

uticaclub

is that gonna happen or is just gonna be an 8th overall pick that sits on the bench.

This is an intriguing situation...plus alot could happen at our spot at #9.

I could see us moving Whitner with capable safeties behind him at much more affordable salaries.

Its also quite possible Eric Berry could slip to us at 9 with McCoy, Suh, and Bradford for sure going in the top 8, along with probably Claussen and 3 or 4 tackles.

So, if Berry slips to us, we could trade Whitner (probably for a 3rd) and take Berry at 9 if there are no tackles left we like.

Of course, if Berry slips then #9 could become a hot spot as I am sure someone would be licking their chops to trade up and grab him. We could possibly trade back a few spots, even to just 10 with Jax as they are high on Berry, and take someone like McClain or Dan Williams while picking up an extra pick or two.

is that gonna happen or is just gonna be an 8th overall pick that sits on the bench.

The 3-4 Defense is made up of four defensive backs. Two cornerbacks and two safetys (one free safety and the other strong safety). The two cornerbacks are responsible for jamming the recievers they cover within five yards of the reciever's route, disrupting the offensive play. The free safety roams free (hence the name) in the backfield looking to stop the deep pass while the strong safety is responsible for locking on the running back.

Whitner (SS) and Byrd (FS) will be a Top-5 Safety tandem in the league.

The only player I would replace Whitner with is, Taylor Mays.

If you look at over all stats for starts, Bryan Scott is twice the S as Whitner , the only thing he has going for him is he is a versatile team player but we could use some more draft choices !!!

What are his base and bonuses this year? I know he was a highpick but is he really thaaaat overpaid?

Just curious...

2009 $2.355 mill

2010 $2.445 mill

2011 $1.95 mill (voidable)

2012 Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=3691

Those are NOT high salaries, they are just about spot on for Donte. Yeah, he got too high a signing bonus, looking back. But that's spilt milk.

The 3-4 Defense is made up of four defensive backs. Two cornerbacks and two safetys (one free safety and the other strong safety). The two cornerbacks are responsible for jamming the recievers they cover within five yards of the reciever's route, disrupting the offensive play. The free safety roams free (hence the name) in the backfield looking to stop the deep pass while the strong safety is responsible for locking on the running back.

you're kidding right? George Wilson is far better than Whitner

you're kidding right? George Wilson is far better than Whitner

not that i agree with wilson being better than whitner, but both of them are better than taylor mays. when i see people get excited about him im like, oh cool, so you dont know anything about football right?

Of course, if Berry slips then #9 could become a hot spot as I am sure someone would be licking their chops to trade up and grab him.

Is that right? Please tell me, how many times in the history of the NFL Draft teams have traded up into the top 10 in order to select a safety? Gee, that was quick! :unsure: Yeah, the only 2 people I have ever seen that might be stupid enough to do this would be the dumb undynamic duo of Levy and Jauron.

C'mon....tell us you were kidding.

Is that right? Please tell me, how many times in the history of the NFL Draft teams have traded up into the top 10 in order to select a safety? Gee, that was quick! :nana: Yeah, the only 2 people I have ever seen that might be stupid enough to do this would be the dumb undynamic duo of Levy and Jauron.

I could see it happening, followed by your head exploding. :unsure:

Is that right? Please tell me, how many times in the history of the NFL Draft teams have traded up into the top 10 in order to select a safety? Gee, that was quick! :unsure: Yeah, the only 2 people I have ever seen that might be stupid enough to do this would be the dumb undynamic duo of Levy and Jauron.

I'm sure this new regime under Nix is going to focus on the lines first. The light and quick philosophy of Jauron is being jettisoned for the heavier and stronger philosophy. Odds are that the first pick will be an OT and the second will deal with the D-line. Within our first three picks we might come out with two linemen.

If you watched many Bills games last year you would have noticed how consistently in the running game our DL was out muscled and knocked back. Other than the defensive backfield the Bills have needs everywhere else. My favored draft scenario is getting one of the OTs (Bulago, Davis) and getting Cody in the second round.

mays is a linebacker