Peter King

muggins

I listened to NFL Radio this morning, and Peter King was on yet again. (I thought he was just a rare guest but apparently he's on all the time... UGH)

He was saying the Bills should draft that RB out of Stanford because he'd be a great Chan Gailey guy. I'm guessing he was talking about in the 2,3, or 4th round. Awful awful awful choice. We already have Fred Jackson, a great RB, and Marshawn who if he comes back right next year is a starter as well. Ugh.

Even if the kid plays at FB, we just don't need to draft one like that. I want to blow my brains out every time he is on the radio.

I listened to NFL Radio this morning, and Peter King was on yet again. (I thought he was just a rare guest but apparently he's on all the time... UGH)

He was saying the Bills should draft that RB out of Stanford because he'd be a great Chan Gailey guy. I'm guessing he was talking about in the 2,3, or 4th round. Awful awful awful choice. We already have Fred Jackson, a great RB, and Marshawn who if he comes back right next year is a starter as well. Ugh.

Even if the kid plays at FB, we just don't need to draft one like that. I want to blow my brains out every time he is on the radio.

The beauty of being Peter King, or any of the talking heads, is that they are never wrong and if the ever are, no one will call them on it. Their words are forgotten seconds after they are uttered.

PTR

I will want to blow my brains out if we draft Gerhardt at all. He is the classic 1 year wonder who had some success in college but will have none in the pros. That would be another wasted draft pick by the Bills, regardless of round.

One look at Peter King and I'm thinking chubby, small peckr, white zinfandel drinking, homosexually frustrated, (non-serial) child molester. He should be locked-up for those reasons (prior to growing the beard and sporting coke bottle glasses), as well as his articles and meaningless rhetoric. Oh well.

I will want to blow my brains out if we draft Gerhardt at all. He is the classic 1 year wonder who had some success in college but will have none in the pros. That would be another wasted draft pick by the Bills, regardless of round.

I'm all for having a kid on the team who WANTS to run people over.. unlike Marshawn's version of Beast-mode.. as in: stutter, juke, dance, get caught, wrapped up, THEN fight for an extra yard or two.

The beauty of being Peter King, or any of the talking heads, is that they are never wrong and if the ever are, no one will call them on it. Their words are forgotten seconds after they are uttered.

PTR

i read an article recently (looking for the link) regarding the jobs with the least amount of accountability. Of course, Weatherman was on there. But the #1 job where the employee is held least accountable was "Sports Expert". These guys are just chatting and gossiping and guessing. And when they're wrong, no big deal. It's like The View, for guys.

I'm all for having a kid on the team who WANTS to run people over.. unlike Marshawn's version of Beast-mode.. as in: stutter, juke, dance, get caught, wrapped up, THEN fight for an extra yard or two.

you mean the Marshawn from only this past season when he was playing behind one of the worst lines in Bills history (and that is saying a lot)?

how quickly everyone forgets his first 2 seasons when he couldnt be tackled unless 3 guys were hanging onto him.

I don't see the insanity in this idea. Or its not as crazy as all of you seem to think.

Though I'm opposed to it, common wisdom throughout the media and throughout our fans is that Marshawn either will be cut/traded or should be cut/traded. If he is traded, we won't get more than a 4th for him. Cheaper and successful alternatives can be found in the 2nd or 3rd round. Given his cost and the fact that one more hiccup will be a long term suspension indicates to me that we might even have a hard time getting a 4th.

And if that is the case, I have no problem taking a running back in the 3rd or 4th round. You know who the most reliable draftees generally are? Running backs. And as I just said, you can get a good running back in the 3rd or 4th round (just look at Tim Graham's post in the TBD thread at the top of the page).

If he is there in the 3rd round the Bills should snap him up. Have you seen this guy play? By the way his name is Toby Gerhart and he is an absolute beast. A one man wrecking crew. Of all the college bowl games that I watched this holiday season and all the players I saw, only this guy stuck out in my mind. He can absolutely dominate a game and his style is perfect for the NFL. I would be ecstatic if we got him. I agree we shouldn't take him early, but if he is there in the third, I would grab him.

i read an article recently (looking for the link) regarding the jobs with the least amount of accountability. Of course, Weatherman was on there. But the #1 job where the employee is held least accountable was "Sports Expert". These guys are just chatting and gossiping and guessing. And when they're wrong, no big deal. It's like The View, for guys.

It's like The Stadium Wall, except you get paid scads of cash to do it. I'm convinced these guys know no more about football and what's going on than we do.

One look at Peter King and I'm thinking chubby, small peckr, white zinfandel drinking, homosexually frustrated, (non-serial) child molester. He should be locked-up for those reasons (prior to growing the beard and sporting coke bottle glasses), as well as his articles and meaningless rhetoric. Oh well.

You have a very creative, strange mind!!

You just described our first round pick last year.

As for Gerhardt, I would not complain if we picked him up in the second or third round (preferably third). We have too many other holes though. I doubt he will be available in the third.

I do think that he would be a good back for the kind of weather we have.

you mean the Marshawn from only this past season when he was playing behind one of the worst lines in Bills history (and that is saying a lot)?

how quickly everyone forgets his first 2 seasons when he couldnt be tackled unless 3 guys were hanging onto him.

This was Marshawn's M.O. in open space, with one defender in front of him. He thinks he's still in college, where he could run around everyone.

Is Lynch hard to bring down? You bet. Is he easy as hell to catch? You bet. (Speaking of course, as an NFL player.. I'm sure he'd run ME over *OR* around me, for that matter.)

You just described our first round pick last year.

As for Gerhardt, I would not complain if we picked him up in the second or third round (preferably third). We have too many other holes though. I doubt he will be available in the third.

I do think that he would be a good back for the kind of weather we have.

To reiterate, I also think that Lynch will be gone. Could be wrong about that, but it ain't looking good. There's been too much in the media lately (PFW, Tim Graham) of OBD people leaking that he's a punk and a cancer. I've gotta think that it's at least somewhat deliberate. I also don't think they plan on getting much for him given that he's one joint away from a season long suspension.

Why is this a bad pick in the third round or so? I suspect that Lynch is a goner and they need a second back.

He's not a bad pick in the 3rd. Lynch's one way ticket out of town has probably already been punched.

You need two backs in the NFL. Jackson & Gerhard would give the Bills a good one - two punch. Jackson and Lynch gives them a one and one eighth punch. Sooner or later the Lynch jersey holders will relaize that Lynch is a POS and they need to move on to a different jersey... one that holds its value a little longer.

Peter King is a clown, who on his crappy article every Monday, rattles off pointless non football garbage, and the list of the "famous" people that he claims texted him something. Kind of like that equally idiotic football writer Michael Silver for Yahoo. At least Silver isn't on TV.

Gerhardt was absolutely incredible last year. There is nothing about his game that would lead someone to believe he is a one year wonder. If Lynch is gone, Gerhardt would be my first choice to replace him. If we could get him for the pick we got for Lynch, it would be perfect.

Why is this a bad pick in the third round or so? I suspect that Lynch is a goner and they need a second back.

We have way more pressing needs than ANOTHER RB, nonetheless a slow RB from Stanford who played in a weak conference.

edit: plus he had 343 carries last year, which is way too many. Chris Perry, famous for carrying the ball every play, only had 338 in his biggest season. Meh.