Peter King

muggins

i read an article recently (looking for the link) regarding the jobs with the least amount of accountability. Of course, Weatherman was on there. But the #1 job where the employee is held least accountable was "Sports Expert". These guys are just chatting and gossiping and guessing. And when they're wrong, no big deal. It's like The View, for guys.

Classic!

We have way more pressing needs than ANOTHER RB, nonetheless a slow RB from Stanford who played in a weak conference.

edit: plus he had 343 carries last year, which is way too many. Chris Perry, famous for carrying the ball every play, only had 338 in his biggest season. Meh.

Are you serious? Of course the Bills need another RB. Right now the whole running game is predicated on Freddy (unless you think Lynch is going to suddenly come to life). One big hit, then what? So count on it, Nix and the gang are definitely drafting a RB. I highly doubt it will be Gerhart but there will be an additional back by the end of the draft.

As to Gerhart, the kid was a finalist for the Heisman, played multiple years in a very competitive conference (contrary to your puzzling claim), was the all time California high school RB (for yards), runs very well and with power (which the Bills need to compliment Jackson), and is a high character kid. HOWEVER, he's injured right now. And even if the Bills wanted him, they are surely not going to pick him in the first or second round and by the third, he'll be gone. He's expected to go late in the first or early in the second round.

Are you serious? Of course the Bills need another RB. Right now the whole running game is predicated on Freddy (unless you think Lynch is going to suddenly come to life). One big hit, then what? So count on it, Nix and the gang are definitely drafting a RB. I highly doubt it will be Gerhart but there will be an additional back by the end of the draft.

As to Gerhart, the kid was a finalist for the Heisman, played multiple years in a very competitive conference (contrary to your puzzling claim), was the all time California high school RB (for yards), runs very well and with power (which the Bills need to compliment Jackson), and is a high character kid. HOWEVER, he's injured right now. And even if the Bills wanted him, they are surely not going to pick him in the first or second round and by the third, he'll be gone. He's expected to go late in the first or early in the second round.

Yeah, I'd rather count on Marshawn returning to form this year than draft a slow RB from Stanford for sure. Again, 343 carries this last year (really his only standout year) and injured. Hm.

I don't see the insanity in this idea. Or its not as crazy as all of you seem to think.

Though I'm opposed to it, common wisdom throughout the media and throughout our fans is that Marshawn either will be cut/traded or should be cut/traded. If he is traded, we won't get more than a 4th for him. Cheaper and successful alternatives can be found in the 2nd or 3rd round. Given his cost and the fact that one more hiccup will be a long term suspension indicates to me that we might even have a hard time getting a 4th.

And if that is the case, I have no problem taking a running back in the 3rd or 4th round. You know who the most reliable draftees generally are? Running backs. And as I just said, you can get a good running back in the 3rd or 4th round (just look at Tim Graham's post in the TBD thread at the top of the page).

you are correct

The Bills talent evaluators, who are still at OBD, have been so successful drafting RBs in the 3rd /4th rounds.

One look at Peter King and I'm thinking chubby, small peckr, white zinfandel drinking, homosexually frustrated, (non-serial) child molester. He should be locked-up for those reasons (prior to growing the beard and sporting coke bottle glasses), as well as his articles and meaningless rhetoric. Oh well.

Seek Christ.

I heard this conversation on Sirius and you have to take it with the spirit intended. Peter King was saying how Gerhardt would be a great fit for Chan's offense and the fact that the Bills play in the Northeast (bad weather, etc). He equated it with the way

Le'ron McLain of Baltimore played in 2008. Not as a FB, but as a RB. Straight-ahead smashmouth power!

Will it happen? Seriously doubt it. If he were there in the mid-third it would probably be great value and really tempting.

I will want to blow my brains out if we draft Gerhardt at all. He is the classic 1 year wonder who had some success in college but will have none in the pros. That would be another wasted draft pick by the Bills, regardless of round.

Gerhardt is a stud and is going to be the classic peole think I am too slow and not good even though I just dominated all of college football aka Shonn Green/Frank Gore/Tashard Choice/Marion Barber. Hell, we only have two running backs. We are one Fred Jackson kick return to being down to 1. We need to add another RB and my number 1 choice for that slot would be Garhardt hands down.

You just described our first round pick last year.

As for Gerhardt, I would not complain if we picked him up in the second or third round (preferably third). We have too many other holes though. I doubt he will be available in the third.

I do think that he would be a good back for the kind of weather we have.

Good point.

It's hilarious that some guys would say things like "I would blow my brains out if we drafted Gerhardt", because they KNOW he can't play in the NFL.

However, put a Bills jersey on him on draft day and everyone will love the pick.

If he is there in the 3rd round the Bills should snap him up. Have you seen this guy play? By the way his name is Toby Gerhart and he is an absolute beast. A one man wrecking crew. Of all the college bowl games that I watched this holiday season and all the players I saw, only this guy stuck out in my mind. He can absolutely dominate a game and his style is perfect for the NFL. I would be ecstatic if we got him. I agree we shouldn't take him early, but if he is there in the third, I would grab him.

I agree. After hearing some hype early in the fall, I made sure I watched Stanford when I could and saw enough of Gerhard to know that, in the words of Buddy Nix, he is a football player. I'd take him in the third, but I have a feeling he'll be gone late in the second.

I really enjoy reading Peter King's MMQB and sundry articles just because I enjoy his writing style. It's just really entertaining. But I've come to realize that when it comes to legit sports info and news he is so far off course, that he's practically on a different planet.

My friend who is a columnist for USA Today says that the sportswriters community is thinking that King is "slowing down." He also said that the guy that everyone respects right now and who has good sources is Jay Glazer from FOX.

Interesting.

C