Jason Campbell to Buffalo rumor

zow2

TO, Lee Evans, Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch. I'd argue that all of those are top notch weapons.

As far as the defense, they were 16th in the league in points given up. Not great, but not horrible by any means. In 10 games in 2009 they gave up 20 points or less. In 12 games the offense scored less than 20. The defense is not responsible for the offense's ineptitude.

Aligator Arms Owens was great a few years ago. Lee Evans is a good #2, but we had no #1. Marshawn Lynch? What games were you watching.

Our undersized defense wore down over games and was very vulnerable at the end of games.

We need to fix the OL/DL problems first. I will take the orange cone at QB, thank you

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Campbell and thought he showed a lot of poise. Dealing with all the coaching crap going on with the Skin's and the disaster they called an O line.

How can you call the Skins' O-line a disaster?? They had Derrick Dockery at LG and also Mike Williams... Oh, wait a minute.

OK Never mind. :D

The Skins had the same affliction that the Bills had in that their OL was horrible. It is understandable that any qb playing behind such a porous line for an extended period of time is going to get jittery and develop bad habits. What people forget is that Jason Campbell has played for different OCs almost every year starting with college. That certainly has been a detriment to his development.

Jason Campbell is a downfield passer. He is not a west coast type of qb. If we could get him in a trade for Whitner and a very low pick I would seize on that deal. The acquisition of Campbell would allow us to focus on the OL with our first pick and possibly another pick. Getting our line in order is our first priority.

Jerry Grey, a former Bills coach, coached on the Redskins" staff. So he is very familiar with Whitner. This deal makes a lot of sense for us and it certainly makes a lot of sense for the Skins if they decide to draft a qb with their first pick. If they did that it would be very awkward for JC to stay knowing that he wasn't wanted as their franchise qb.

Grey was D coordinator under Williams Levy drafted Whitner. Hopefuly it is Whitner and a 2nd for McNabb.

I can't believe people are saying Fitz and Edwards are as good as Campbell. Now Campbell's not very good, but he's head and shoulders better than our QB's. It's not close. Campbell threw for 3,618 yds, 20 TD's, 64.5% completions, and an 86.4 QB rating. Except for Losman coming respectfully close in 2006, we haven't had a QB sniff those kind of numbers.

Campbell is a loser. He has no pocket awareness, gets sacked too often and he has never lead the skins to a winning season. Sounds just like the QB failures we have had in the past. I might part with Roscoe Parrish in a trade heads up for him but that's about it.

You can't be serious. Edwards isn't a wart on Campbells jock. You edwards lovers really need to give it a break already

Actually I am not a Edwards lover, but he is just as good as Campbell, and sadly so far in their careers they have both sucked for the most part. I live down here in Virginia in Redskins Country and even the majority of Skins fans think he is terrible, we have had enough projects, and waited enough years for a QB to develop and he never does, would be more of the same with Campbell. They can keep him.

Just when you think you've seen it all! People actually clamoring for Jason freaking Campbell as our starting QB?!?! Talk about lowered expectations! Jason Campbell? Seriously? :thumbsup: And we have to give up Whitner AND a draft pick for the services of Jason "the savior" Campbell?!?! I wouldn't want him if he were an unrestricted FA. Let alone have to trade for him.

You got it.

HE SUCKS, EVERY TIME I SEE HIM PLAY, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS!

THIS TEAM WOULD SUCK IF HE WAS THE QUARTERBACK, AND NOT 7-9, BUT big time, back to BIG SUCK TIMES OF 2-14.

Stop the insanity: Campbell, Thigben, Garcia, Culpepper, Plummer...

ALL SUCK!!

I am not saying he is the man here, but Trent Edwards is better than all of these 'quarterbacks', worth more. At least Edwards has some intelligence and some upside.

You got it.

HE SUCKS, EVERY TIME I SEE HIM PLAY, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS!

THIS TEAM WOULD SUCK IF HE WAS THE QUARTERBACCK, AND NOT 7-9, BUT big time, back to BIG SUCK TIMES OF 2-14.

Stop the insanity: Campbell, Thigben, Garcia, Culpepper, Plummer...

ALL SUCK!!

I am not saying he is the man here, but Trent Edwards is better than all of these 'quarterbacks', worth more. At least Edwards has some intelligence and some upside.

I would give Culpepper and Garcia a shot. When given the weapons they have proven themselves. That is a fact that can be backed up wether they have anything left in the tank I don't know.

Grey was D coordinator under Williams Levy drafted Whitner. Hopefuly it is Whitner and a 2nd for McNabb.

Grey was also a DB coach for the Skins while Williams was the DC. In addition, Grey stayed on with the Skins after Williams left. I believe he left when Shanahan took over.

Whether McNabb is traded or not by the Eagles they would never make the deal to send him to Buffalo out of respect and consideration for his long service with them.

Aligator Arms Owens was great a few years ago. Lee Evans is a good #2, but we had no #1. Marshawn Lynch? What games were you watching.

Our undersized defense wore down over games and was very vulnerable at the end of games.

We need to fix the OL/DL problems first. I will take the orange cone at QB, thank you

So who was our #1WR that allowed him to have the seasons he had in 2006 and 2008 it is not his falt he wasn't thrown to when he was open Elite wideouts get open and he does that why don't you take a look at Randy Moss's stats when he didn't have the right QB and O-line or is he a good #2 WR. You my friend do not know what you are talking about.

69rec 1052yrds 10 TDs those are TO's 2008 stats and 2007 was just as good we had 2 #1s but an inability to get them the ball. We could have had Moss, Welker and Evans and still would have had no passing game. Football is a team sport more than any other sport.

Grey was also a DB coach for the Skins while Williams was the DC. In addition, Grey stayed on with the Skins after Williams left. I believe he left when Shanahan took over.

Whether McNabb is traded or not by the Eagles they would never make the deal to send him to Buffalo out of respect and consideration for his long service with them.

What are you talking about? I was saying that grey was not here when we drafted Whitner. If grey was blowing santa it has nothing to do with it. I know all that. As far as McNabb football is a business you think Seymour approved of being sent to Oak. Do you think Buf will just release Schobel and let him sign elsewhere. You live in a fantasy world players are out for themselves and so are the organizations. If you made 100K a year and only needed 25K to survive would you donate 75K to charity. Its the nature of the beast. Did the Packers just release Favre.

Actually I am not a Edwards lover, but he is just as good as Campbell, and sadly so far in their careers they have both sucked for the most part. I live down here in Virginia in Redskins Country and even the majority of Skins fans think he is terrible, we have had enough projects, and waited enough years for a QB to develop and he never does, would be more of the same with Campbell. They can keep him.

Campbell has been able to stay on the field which makes him better than Edwards.

Maybe the "superior franchise QB" isnt around in this draft. Did you ever think of that? To give up multiple picks to trade up for complete unknowns in the draft is just as silly. Bandit showed proof that Campbell produced more yards and TD's this past season than any Bills QB since weve had Blesdoe. He arguably had just as bad as a team and OL that the beloved Trance Checkwards and JP Loserman had but we give them excuses out the a-hole. The fact is there is not much better out there in FA or available for trade first of all, second fact is any FA available would have to be interested in coming here when the rest of the team is so horrible.

And to almost all the names you listed above, most of them played in a completely different time/era of football. You cannot compare Bradshaw, Kelly, Marino to athletes of today. Back then there wasnt a real free agency period or a salary cap. And any fool knows that the Pats and Colts could never get rid of Payton Manning or Tom Brady. They are bigger than the organization. It would be fan base suicide if you traded or cut either of them. Rothlisberger recently got a huge contract but I would expect he wont be a Steeler for ever. And if he is its justifiably so. The guy has won 2 super bowls already and hes not even in his 30's. Your ignorance of comparing the history of the NFL vs todays NFL makes me want to punch a baby in the face. Please log off your computer punch yourself.

Yes, I did think of that..and that is why I said " You trade-up if you feel there is a superior franchise QB in the draft" Obviously if there isn't a franchise QB in the draft you don't trade-up for one! Obviously, if there isn't one in the draft at all you wouldn't select one as well. Let's use some sense here, and my word isn't Gospel or anything. It's just a point that OVERALL it almost always plays out that a franchise QB is drafted and if they don't show potential in their first 3 or 4 years (and that's being gracious) as almost all the QB's I named were very good by their second or third year if not sooner! I don't really care who proved what! Bandit this or that..who cares? Campbell is not anywhere near an elite QB and never will be, even if that is hard for you to digest. We can look for excuses for Campbell and Edwards but They are both somewhere between poor and average and I tend to lean towards poor! As far as draft picks go..(did u even read my post?) Obviously not, and why do you come off as argumentative? This isn't my entire life and hopefully not yours either! It's fun, It's a sport, I like it! Anyways, I said that you would use your NEXT draft pick (Round 2 if that's not clear enough) and get the best L OT you can get to protect your QB! If the Bills gave up their 1st, 3rd, 6th, 7th to move up to Detroits spot for instance (If they felt confident that a superior franchise QB was in that spot)..why wouldn't you make the trade?? I am not saying there is one for sure available...That would be in the hands of the scouts/talent evaluators of the Bills! I'm just saying if the next Peyton Manning was available, that I would give up several draft picks...heck if I knew the Next Peyton Manning was available I'd give up those picks and I would feel like I stole him! Bledoe, Blesdoe! You got to be kidding!! He was good for 8 games...real good! and then he disappeared completely as a QB! He hit the wall...His best years was in N/Eng...It was drudgery watching Blesdoe's fall as well! That's not much of a comparison!! You sure got twisted and weird on me and I don't even know you dude/dudette! Anyways, I didn't just mention the players you regurgatated to me...I also mentioned T. Brady, Peyton Manning, P. Rivers, there's also D. Breeze and I mentioned there are others...If you want to be successful challenge my opinion then start naming QB's that had little to no success in the leaugue for 3 to 5 years, got traded to another team and led that team to a Super Bowl victory!!! Huh? Maybe there is one or two that have?? I don't know...If your going to dispute a point then you should back it up! That would be fine...I may not know as much as you? So fire away! Start naming those retread QB's like Campbell who will become a great QB, but had valid excuses during their first stint with their first team, but later became Superstars!! If not, then that is my point exactly!!

Why would we want Campbell???? More of the same to me! Seems like most bloggers are saying that as well!! So what exactly is your point besides trying to flip everything I post????????? That is my point you know...that the Colts and Patriots wouldn't get rid of their QB's at this point in their career....that is the point! That is why I am saying that Campbell

is expendible as M. Shananhan wants to try and identify his QB of the future for the Skins and Campbell in his opinion is not/and will not cut the mustard! So your backing Campbell for what reason? So we should just quit and not try to find the best QB available in the draft because you determined that none of them are capable? Well, If I were a teacher I would have you re-read my original post and have you draft up an outline for a constructive arguement, if you must be abrasive!

I do resent your comment about punching a baby in all seriousness, as I have a lovely 10 week old baby girl, whose eyes sparkle as she smiles at me and I could never imagine anyone ever being dispicable enough to bring harm to a innocent, little baby! Please stick to football if you have to respond so negatively to people's posts. Hope your nicer in real life than

you were in your reply. I'll pray for you! :thumbsup:

Edwards is NOT as a good as Campbell. You smoke some strong stuff. Trent is not durable. Campbell got beat up all year long, got off the ground and kept playing; with injuries. His arm is stronger than Trent's arm. Check their stats. Edwards is not close to Campbell. I'm not saying Campbell is an all star. But he is better and has more potential than Edwards.

Campbell has been able to stay on the field which makes him better than Edwards.

Seems to me the only year the Skins made the playoffs in recent memory, Todd Collins played at least the second half of the season and turned the team around, and outplayed Campbell by a country mile.. Why didn't Campbell play? Did he have a school play to be in or what? He was injured, it can happen to anyone in football it is a contact sport.

See, there you go presenting facts while the rest of us are trying to bash a guy that may possibly end up playing for Buffalo.

I suppose the next thing you're going to do is compare him to a QB that virtually everyone on this board would trade for. Like maybe say that--in spite of all of those challenges (in which you didn't mention the fact that he was playing for a totally overmatched head coach)--he perfromed on par with a guy that just about everyone here would be jumping for joy if Buffalo acquired:

Campbell: 327/507 (64.5%), 31.7 Att/game, 3,618 yds, 7.1 YPA, 20 TD, 15 INT, 86.4 QB rating, 40 completions 20+ yds, 8 completions 40+ yds, 43 sacks

QB2: 339/513 (66.1%), 34.2 Att/game, 3,753 yds, 7.3 YPA, 26 TD, 14 INT, 93.2 QB rating, 42 completions 20+ yds, 3 completions 40+ yds, 24 sacks

Source:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?sea...mp;d-447263-n=1

Anyone got a guess as to QB2's identity? Scroll down for the answer...

Borderline Future HOF QB Kurt Warner

Exactly and you forgot to mention that he did all this in a system that doesn't quite fit his type of game. He would be a lot more efficient in a vertical passing game with a strong running game than the WCO that the Skins tried to implement over the years. I think Campbell would the perfect QB for Gailey's offense. I think this makes sense, though I wouldn't like to see high draft picks involved in all of this. Maybe a later draft pick and I wouldn't feel so bad about it.

I think they should try only to swap Whitner for Campbell and go from there.