Jason Campbell to Buffalo rumor

zow2

What are you talking about? I was saying that grey was not here when we drafted Whitner. If grey was blowing santa it has nothing to do with it. I know all that. As far as McNabb football is a business you think Seymour approved of being sent to Oak. Do you think Buf will just release Schobel and let him sign elsewhere. You live in a fantasy world players are out for themselves and so are the organizations. If you made 100K a year and only needed 25K to survive would you donate 75K to charity. Its the nature of the beast. Did the Packers just release Favre.

I was off on the Grey timing with Whitner. You are correct there. But with McNabb they would not trade him to a rebuilding team like Buffalo because of the relationship he has had with Reid and their organization. Certainly it is business. No one is disputing that. The Chargers cut Tomlinson sooner rather than later so that he and his agent would be better able to search for teams interested in him. If Schobel desired to go to a Texas team or retire why wouldn't it be in the team's interest to work out such a deal if it could be made? There is nothing unusual abut a veteran player being cut (through mutual agreement) instead of being traded for a low draft pick. Sometimes working in a player's interest is not counter to working in an organizations's interest.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point exactly Bandit. I completely agree with this. You of all people should know from all the arguing we did last year about our OL and QB that I was in favor of keeping what we had to see how it worked out. You were right and I was wrong on that. I thought they COULD be better then they were. My crow tastes better with hot sauce by the way. We need an upgrade at QB and Campbell, no matter how small, would be an upgrade. We know what we have on the roster now and it wont work moving forward. Whitner is burning a hole in our roster as much as Campbell is with the Skins. An even swap sounds good to me. Just saying. I cant believe anyone would say stick with Trent or Fitz over anything new. Its rediculous to me. Anyway, Good posts today.

Agreed, and thanks for the kind words.

I just think that Campbell is a clear upgrade. As to trading Whitner, it would be tough for me because I'd like to see what he could do if used properly, but a less-than-game-changing SS at his salary is--as you said--a salary chewer on this roster.

You got it.

HE SUCKS, EVERY TIME I SEE HIM PLAY, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS!

THIS TEAM WOULD SUCK IF HE WAS THE QUARTERBACK, AND NOT 7-9, BUT big time, back to BIG SUCK TIMES OF 2-14.

Stop the insanity: Campbell, Thigben, Garcia, Culpepper, Plummer...

ALL SUCK!!

I am not saying he is the man here, but Trent Edwards is better than all of these 'quarterbacks', worth more. At least Edwards has some intelligence and some upside.

How can you even begin to argue that Edwards has more upside than Campbell? What has Edwards done to show he has any upside at all? At least Campbell is a good scrambler and has a strong arm. He's also had a pretty good quarterback rating each year, and is improving each and every year. Trent is regressing!

Just look at the quarterback ratings:

Edwards:

2007-08 70.4

2008-09 85.4

2009-10 73.8

Career 77.9

Campbell:

2006-07 76.5

2007-08 77.6

2008-09 84.3

2009-10 86.4

Career 82.3

I'm a Redskin season ticket holder. This guys is not capable...think Rob Johnson.

Most of his yards came when the game was already over...don't let stats fool you.

No pocket awareness

Bad accuracy

Consistanly turns the ball over

Can't read defenses

Bad football smarts

Always misses open receivers

Bad move for the Bills if this happens.

Concur

How can you even begin to argue that Edwards has more upside than Campbell? What has Edwards done to show he has any upside at all? At least Campbell is a good scrambler and has a strong arm. He's also had a pretty good quarterback rating each year, and is improving each and every year. Trent is regressing!

Just look at the quarterback ratings:

Edwards:

2007-08 70.4

2008-09 85.4

2009-10 73.8

Career 77.9

Campbell:

2006-07 76.5

2007-08 77.6

2008-09 84.3

2009-10 86.4

Career 82.3

I posted a thread about Campbell a week or so ago. I just wanted to add the TE's 85.4 rating was with JP,DD,LW on the O-line (a pretty good line) ya ya they were over paid which is true they never played to the paycheck they were given. But still they were better then WAS O-line from what I saw.

Plus I don't think WAS had much or a running game. and 230some yards of it came from Campbell... I don't know maybe I'm crazy but if he came cheap (not whitner but a 5th for him) go for it...

Yes, I did think of that..and that is why I said " You trade-up if you feel there is a superior franchise QB in the draft" Obviously if there isn't a franchise QB in the draft you don't trade-up for one! Obviously, if there isn't one in the draft at all you wouldn't select one as well. Let's use some sense here, and my word isn't Gospel or anything. It's just a point that OVERALL it almost always plays out that a franchise QB is drafted and if they don't show potential in their first 3 or 4 years (and that's being gracious) as almost all the QB's I named were very good by their second or third year if not sooner! I don't really care who proved what! Bandit this or that..who cares? Campbell is not anywhere near an elite QB and never will be, even if that is hard for you to digest. We can look for excuses for Campbell and Edwards but They are both somewhere between poor and average and I tend to lean towards poor! As far as draft picks go..(did u even read my post?) Obviously not, and why do you come off as argumentative? This isn't my entire life and hopefully not yours either! It's fun, It's a sport, I like it! Anyways, I said that you would use your NEXT draft pick (Round 2 if that's not clear enough) and get the best L OT you can get to protect your QB! If the Bills gave up their 1st, 3rd, 6th, 7th to move up to Detroits spot for instance (If they felt confident that a superior franchise QB was in that spot)..why wouldn't you make the trade?? I am not saying there is one for sure available...That would be in the hands of the scouts/talent evaluators of the Bills! I'm just saying if the next Peyton Manning was available, that I would give up several draft picks...heck if I knew the Next Peyton Manning was available I'd give up those picks and I would feel like I stole him! Bledoe, Blesdoe! You got to be kidding!! He was good for 8 games...real good! and then he disappeared completely as a QB! He hit the wall...His best years was in N/Eng...It was drudgery watching Blesdoe's fall as well! That's not much of a comparison!! You sure got twisted and weird on me and I don't even know you dude/dudette! Anyways, I didn't just mention the players you regurgatated to me...I also mentioned T. Brady, Peyton Manning, P. Rivers, there's also D. Breeze and I mentioned there are others...If you want to be successful challenge my opinion then start naming QB's that had little to no success in the leaugue for 3 to 5 years, got traded to another team and led that team to a Super Bowl victory!!! Huh? Maybe there is one or two that have?? I don't know...If your going to dispute a point then you should back it up! That would be fine...I may not know as much as you? So fire away! Start naming those retread QB's like Campbell who will become a great QB, but had valid excuses during their first stint with their first team, but later became Superstars!! If not, then that is my point exactly!!

Why would we want Campbell???? More of the same to me! Seems like most bloggers are saying that as well!! So what exactly is your point besides trying to flip everything I post????????? That is my point you know...that the Colts and Patriots wouldn't get rid of their QB's at this point in their career....that is the point! That is why I am saying that Campbell

is expendible as M. Shananhan wants to try and identify his QB of the future for the Skins and Campbell in his opinion is not/and will not cut the mustard! So your backing Campbell for what reason? So we should just quit and not try to find the best QB available in the draft because you determined that none of them are capable? Well, If I were a teacher I would have you re-read my original post and have you draft up an outline for a constructive arguement, if you must be abrasive!

I do resent your comment about punching a baby in all seriousness, as I have a lovely 10 week old baby girl, whose eyes sparkle as she smiles at me and I could never imagine anyone ever being dispicable enough to bring harm to a innocent, little baby! Please stick to football if you have to respond so negatively to people's posts. Hope your nicer in real life than

you were in your reply. I'll pray for you! :thumbsup:

QB's that were not successful for close to 3-5 years and were traded and became superstars. Lets name some of the more productive ones:

Steve Young: (played 2 years with Tampa and could barely make the field, and 4 years with SF before he did as well)

7 Pro Bowls

3x All Pro Team

3x SB Champ

2x SB MVP

2x NFL MVP

AP player of the year

2x Offensive player of the year

Highest QB rating

Record for most TD's in a Super Bowl

Hall of Fame Inductee

Drew Brees: (played first 3 years in San Diego with a 10-17 record as starter only broke 3,000 yards once in that time)

NFL Comback Player of the year (2004)

4 Pro Bowls

3x All Pro Team

Walter Payton Man of the year

3x NFC Offensive Player of the year

NFL Offensive Player of the year

Super Bowl Champ

Super Bowl MVP

Career QB Rating of 91.9

Kurt Warner: (couldnt even get on the field until an injury took Trent Green out for the season)

4 Pro Bowls

2x NFL MVP

3x All Pro Team

Super Bowl MVP

Super Bowl Champ

Bart Starr Man of the year

2 Different teams with 100+ TD's

Most passing yards in a single playoff campaign

Career QB Rating of 93.7

Oh yeah, he also had a stint in his career where he went 6 seasons with the Rams, Giants and Cards with a winning record of 13 and 29.

Theres 3 (Most Likely) Hall of Fame QB's that I just rattled off for you to ponder. Stats and awards were viewed on Pro-Football-Reference.com and Wikipedia. You and I both know there are plente of QB's in this league that dont get a real shot until they are 3+ years in this league. Not everyone starts out like Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Ben Rothlisberger. More start out like Aaron Rodgers where they cant make the field for 2 years.

We need a new QB. We both agree on that. I personally dont think there is any talent at QB in this draft that will become anything spectacular. But that is all up in the air and nobody will know that for sure for about 3-5 years anyway. But Campbell would be an upgrade over what we have.

Jason Campbell: (after 52 Games starting)

20 and 32

10,860 yards

55TD's

38INT's

Sacked 109 Times

82.3 Rating

And he has finished the last 2 years starting in every game

2 seasons with over 3,000 yards

Trent Edwards: (after 32 Starts)

13 and 16

5,498 yards

24TD's

25INT's

Sacked 58 Times

77.9 Rating

Has not completed a full season of football since he was a Junior in High School

0 seasons with over 3,000 yards

I personally dont think Campbell is the future of this organization. Maybe you were under the impression that was my intentions. He is a better QB then what we have had. We are in complete rebuilding mode and if there are no QB's available to us via FA or the draft we have to wait until one comes along. He is simply a stop-gap until that happens. We cannot expect any QB on this roster to start this season. It would be complete coaching suicide. There will be a new starter at the QB position in 2010. Would you rather it be Trent?

I will not apologize if you take my comments about a baby and punching yourself seriously.

Grats on your baby girl though.

QB's that were not successful for close to 3-5 years and were traded and became superstars. Lets name some of the more productive ones:

Steve Young: (played 2 years with Tampa and could barely make the field, and 4 years with SF before he did as well)

7 Pro Bowls

3x All Pro Team

3x SB Champ

2x SB MVP

2x NFL MVP

AP player of the year

Highest QB rating

Hall of Fame Inductee

Drew Brees: (played first 3 years in San Diego with a 10-17 record as starter only broke 3,000 yards once in that time)

4 Pro Bowls

3x All Pro Team

Super Bowl Champ

Super Bowl MVP

Career QB Rating of 91.9

Kurt Warner: (couldnt even get on the field until an injury took Trent Green out for the season)

4 Pro Bowls

2x NFL MVP

3x All Pro Team

Super Bowl MVP

Super Bowl Champ

Career QB Rating of 93.7

Oh yeah, he also had a stint in his career where he went 6 seasons with the Rams, Giants and Cards with a winning record of 13 and 29.

Theres 3 (Most Likely) Hall of Fame QB's that I just rattled off for you to ponder. Stats and awards were viewed on Pro-Football-Reference.com and Wikipedia. You and I both know there are plente of QB's in this league that dont get a real shot until they are 3+ years in this league. Not everyone starts out like Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Ben Rothlisberger. More start out like Aaron Rodgers where they cant make the field for 2 years.

We need a new QB. We both agree on that. I personally dont think there is any talent at QB in this draft that will become anything spectacular. But that is all up in the air and nobody will know that for sure for about 3-5 years anyway. But Campbell would be an upgrade over what we have.

20 and 32

10,860 yards

55TD's

38INT's

Sacked 109 Times

82.3 Rating

13 and 16

5,498 yards

24TD's

25INT's

Sacked 58 Times

77.9 Rating

Has not completed a full season of football since he was a Junior in High School

I personally dont think Campbell is the future of this organization. Maybe you were under the impression that was my intentions. He is a better QB then what we have had. We are in complete rebuilding mode and if there are no QB's available to us via FA or the draft we have to wait until one comes along. He is simply a stop-gap until that happens. We cannot expect any QB on this roster to start this season. It would be complete coaching suicide. There will be a new starter at the QB position in 2010. Would you rather it be Trent?

Well stated. Campbell is not the QB of the future, but he is without a doubt an upgrade over what we have now. Furthermore, for all of those clamoring for Tyler Thigpen, Campbell is pretty similar. If Gailey can make Thigpen look good, then he can probably make Campbell look good. With an inept coaching staff and meddlesome owner in DC, it would be tough for any young QB to succeed. I think he has more talent hands down than Edwards or Fitz, and could thrive with the right coaching. If we can get him cheap enough, I say get him!

Well stated. Campbell is not the QB of the future, but he is without a doubt an upgrade over what we have now. Furthermore, for all of those clamoring for Tyler Thigpen, Campbell is pretty similar. If Gailey can make Thigpen look good, then he can probably make Campbell look good. With an inept coaching staff and meddlesome owner in DC, it would be tough for any young QB to succeed. I think he has more talent hands down than Edwards or Fitz, and could thrive with the right coaching. If we can get him cheap enough, I say get him!

I like the point you made with Thigpen. IMO he is my first choice of the crap that is out there. There are no big name FA's this year and even if there were you would have to get them to want to come to the Bills anyway. The Draft is as much as a crapshoot as ever and with none of the "Star" QB's throwing at the Combine it shows a lot about them, IMO.

Thigpen is very talented and got a bad stick just like Campbell. Their teams made the Bills look good in the last few years. And we all know how bad we were. Just imagine being on a Chiefs team that goes 2-14 and try and look like a solid starter in the league. Most people would realize this.

They tried to get half a dozen QBs last year before settling back with Jason Campbell. If he is so great, why have they spent two years trying to replace him? Three words: Jason Campbell Sucks!

but...but...but...

Were talking about the mighty mighty Washington Redskins. Every available QB should want to play there and all teams should trade with them and give away their talented QB's for almost nothing.

Agreed that Campbell is probably garbage, but he's also not suited for the Skins offense. He is not a west coast QB. He's a guy who can fling it all over the field. So I say give him a chance. Especially if it means getting rid of Whitner.

If Whitner were a 3rd or 4th rounder, I'd love to keep him of depth. Very versatile. But the guy isn't willing to back up Wilson at SS or Florence at NB, so we need to cut our losses and this is probably as good as it's gonna get.

Doesn't look like anything major. It references a Washington post article that basically talks about how this rumor has been spreading on a Buffalo Bills message board.

Probably this one. :nana:

So what exactly do we have, other than some Soprano3695 wannabe calling a D.C. radio station with "inside information"?

7 Pro Bowls

3x All Pro Team

3x SB Champ

2x SB MVP

2x NFL MVP

AP player of the year

Highest QB rating

Hall of Fame Inductee

4 Pro Bowls

3x All Pro Team

Super Bowl Champ

Super Bowl MVP

Career QB Rating of 91.9

4 Pro Bowls

2x NFL MVP

3x All Pro Team

Super Bowl MVP

Super Bowl Champ

Career QB Rating of 93.7

20 and 32

10,860 yards

55TD's

38INT's

Sacked 109 Times

82.3 Rating

13 and 16

5,498 yards

24TD's

25INT's

Sacked 58 Times

77.9 Rating

I will not apologize if you take my comments about a baby and punching yourself seriously.

Grats on your baby girl though.

Thanks! Appreciate the reply...

Like I said, I am sure there are a few QB's to challenge the draft only theory and I think it's great that you took the time to research the stats! I am a little more "open" (not that I have the luxury of making the decision) to the idea of Jason Campbell based on the stats you furnished. I think Jim Kelly was approx. a 89% QB rating for his career and he probably had a couple years of growing pains as well before kicking into gear! So, Jason Campbell isn't way off I suppose. I read a post earlier that mentioned that he struggles with the long ball and to be honest I don't know if that is true or not. I don't see him play that often. Yes, We agree the Bills need a QB and even though it sounds as if the Bills want to keep Trent, I really am hoping that they don't! I just don't care for him as a QB period! Sometimes I like Fitzy, but he is inconsistent. I just don't have a pulse on B. Brohm, only heard that he has a difficult time with the knowledge of a NFL Playbook and his one performance wasn't good! I really think we need to get a FA QB and draft one (if they feel there is a worthy QB in the draft?). In that scenario, I would hope that they would start the FA, have Fitzy the initial backup, and the rookie 3rd string until he gets caught up on the playbook and adjusts to the speed of the NFL. Then sometime later in the season if the rook is doing well bump him up to #2 QB or starter if the Bills are lost in their season again. That's providing they have a solid L OT that can block the rush and not get the QB Killed! I don't know if that is a reasonable opinion...just how I'm looking at it right now. I'm mixed on Donovan McNabb! If the Eagles would even let him go! I know he would be better probably than anything in the QB junkyard that we currently have and suppose there is a GOOD arguement...lol....for picking up a younger FA like Jason Campbell ! I'm starting to warm up to it some...I'm definitely burnt out on Trent. Anyways, it's dinner time..Yeah, no biggee..it's hard to determine tone and serious intentions sometimes from just blogging your opinion and having some football fun disputing a point.. It's cool..sometimes a clash of ideas is great as I needed to get revved up a little for football talk as it is at it's most boring lull until the NFL Draft which I'm obsessed with! Yeah, the Combines just started up but I find it a little boring except for knowing who runs the fastest and who can lift the most reps. Go Bills!!! :nana: