Jason Campbell to Buffalo rumor

zow2

Listening to a DC radio show this morning, they had a call claiming very reliable "inside information" (lol)....that Campbell will be moved to Buffalo for Whitner and a pick. I've seen plenty of Jason Campbell. The *only* thing he has going for him is arm strength to slice through the wind. That he has. His iffy pocket presence, annoying habit of hanging on to the ball way too long and captain checkdown tendencies are big negatives in DC. I suppose he could be a credible backup QB but i would not be excited at all to get him.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to a DC radio show this morning, they had a call claiming very reliable "inside information" (lol)....that Campbell will be moved to Buffalo for Whitner and a pick. I've seen plenty of Jason Campbell. The *only* thing he has going for him is arm strength to slice through the wind. That he has. His iffy pocket presence, annoying habit of hanging on to the ball way too long and captain checkdown tendencies are big negatives in DC. I suppose he could be a credible backup QB but i would not be excited at all to get him.

what we should be asking is, why whitner? i mean seriously somebody wants to offer up something decent for him? if hte pick is a 6th or 7th, that deal is a no brainer. he's already better then fitz and Trent part 2. he'd make the qb competition better....

still would rather reunite thigpen with Gailey and draft Lefevour

I seriously doubt this happens, this severely handicaps the Redskins during the offseason and makes it all but certain they would take a QB with their first rounder. I can't imagine a team showing their hand this early.

HOWEVER...playing the devil's advocate here...it would all depend on what pick the Bills would have to give up. I personally like Jason Campbell, thought he showed a lot of toughness over the last two years while putting up with the crapstorm that is the Washington Redskins. Plus, his numbers in every passing category have risen each year he's been in the league. If they asked for a 2nd, I'd tell them to go to hell. A 3rd, I'd say nope. A 4th I'd maybe do it. A 5th and I'd say yes and quickly hold them to playground rules wherein they cannot go back on the offer.

I'd take it if they sent a semi-decent (4-5) pick along with Campbell.

[/quote

Sounds like Campbell is a clone of Losman and Trent.

I seriously doubt this happens, this severely handicaps the Redskins during the offseason and makes it all but certain they would take a QB with their first rounder. I can't imagine a team showing their hand this early.

HOWEVER...playing the devil's advocate here...it would all depend on what pick the Bills would have to give up. I personally like Jason Campbell, thought he showed a lot of toughness over the last two years while putting up with the crapstorm that is the Washington Redskins. Plus, his numbers in every passing category have risen each year he's been in the league. If they asked for a 2nd, I'd tell them to go to hell. A 3rd, I'd say nope. A 4th I'd maybe do it. A 5th and I'd say yes and quickly hold them to playground rules wherein they cannot go back on the offer.

It is always possible, especially if McNabb is traded to the Redskins. Shanhan will get his guy to run his version of the WC offense and the Redskins will be able to immediately compete within that division and the Eagles will walk away with a 1st round pick.

I like Campbell and thought he showed a lot of poise. Dealing with all the coaching crap going on with the Skin's and the disaster they called an O line.

Edwards is a better QB than Campbell. The Bills should go after a Bruce Gratkowski or a Derek Anderson instead.

The Skins had the same affliction that the Bills had in that their OL was horrible. It is understandable that any qb playing behind such a porous line for an extended period of time is going to get jittery and develop bad habits. What people forget is that Jason Campbell has played for different OCs almost every year starting with college. That certainly has been a detriment to his development.

Jason Campbell is a downfield passer. He is not a west coast type of qb. If we could get him in a trade for Whitner and a very low pick I would seize on that deal. The acquisition of Campbell would allow us to focus on the OL with our first pick and possibly another pick. Getting our line in order is our first priority.

Jerry Grey, a former Bills coach, coached on the Redskins" staff. So he is very familiar with Whitner. This deal makes a lot of sense for us and it certainly makes a lot of sense for the Skins if they decide to draft a qb with their first pick. If they did that it would be very awkward for JC to stay knowing that he wasn't wanted as their franchise qb.

Just when you think you've seen it all! People actually clamoring for Jason freaking Campbell as our starting QB?!?! Talk about lowered expectations! Jason Campbell? Seriously? :wallbash: And we have to give up Whitner AND a draft pick for the services of Jason "the savior" Campbell?!?! I wouldn't want him if he were an unrestricted FA. Let alone have to trade for him.

The other part of the rumor is the 'Skins moving Landry to Denver, thus the need for Whitner. The Redskins tried deperately to dump Campbell on the Broncos last year for Jay Cutler but it did not work out. There is no longer a trust between Campbell and management. They want him out and he wants to be out. I seriously doubt he will be in a Redskins uniform this season. Whether he is in a Bills uni? that's the question.

Just when you think you've seen it all! People actually clamoring for Jason freaking Campbell as our starting QB?!?! Talk about lowered expectations! Jason Campbell? Seriously? :wallbash: And we have to give up Whitner AND a draft pick for the services of Jason "the savior" Campbell?!?! I wouldn't want him if he were an unrestricted FA. Let alone have to trade for him.

No one is clamoring for him. He isn't a savior qb. There isn't any savior qb on the market. But if you can get an upgrade at the qb position which will allow you to address the most pressing need, OL, then you make the deal. What is the major downside to such a deal? You are not giving up much with a Whitner trade and you are not mortgaging your future giving up precious draft picks.

Whitner is a solid player. He has been tagged as a failure by some because he was foolishly takened with a too high draft pick. The expectations for him didn't match his performance. It wasn't his fault that the fools who drafted him over-estimated his value. If there is one area the Bills are strong in (the only area) it is in the defensive backfield. If trading DW will allow us to upgrade the qb position and give us the opportunity to address other crtical needs, then I say it is the smart thing to do.