Quickest Fix 2 Playoffs

Estelle Getty

1st and 4th probably not, but maybe.

What in heaven's name makes you think we can get good play out of the Qb's we have?

If we don't improve the QB position, we're gonna suck no matter what else we do. Pure and simple.

dude, we've had this talk before, I just don't believe in sending good picks to another team for 1 aging player, especially when we dont have all the pieces in place, which we don't.

Now a UFA fine, sign somebody to be a cheap stopgap, but no trading of picks, we should be accumulating picks not sending them to other teams.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IF Mcnabb can be had for a 2nd rounder and we refuse, that will prove to me that this organization hates its fans and never wants to win. :wallbash::w00t:

to me it would prove that they are in it for the longview. C'mon, the guy got knocked out of the game in week 1 last year. He certainly won't make it through a full season in Buffalo. Fix the lines and linebackers this year through the draft and free agency. Get a qb next year. I have no doubt in my mind that by upgrading the o line and getting the proper 3-4 players that we can compete for 9 wins next year. After that it's playoffs!

who takes over for mcnabb after 2 yrs? whos to say the wr corp works out, what about our LB situation, all 3 are important questions for even a quick fix scenario, much less sustained success.

Mcnabb is not a golden ticket to the playoffs (btw, his accuracy is garbage)

what we need is to solidify the lines and beef up the LB corp, a stout defense, strong running game, and just enough from the Qb position will be enough to get into the playoffs, building a franchise qb after all that will provide long term success.

Who takes over for McNabb? Who knows? Why is that important today? Maybe it's Brohm. Maybe it's the guy we draft this year or next year.

McNabb's accuracy in getting his team to the playoffs is 80%.

1. Trade a 2nd rounder and Donte Shitner to the eagles for McNabb. (shitner can reunite with his bff jauron....the eagles need secondary help......and they will get it alright.....jauron will be sure to tell them how versitile he is)

2. Trade down to the late teens and aquire a 2nd round pick.

3. Draft the best OT, hopefully Baluga will be there.

4. Draft Terrance Codys Fat-Ass to clog up the middle like he did the dorm room toilets. (He is consistent at clogging)

Automatic passing game.....the o-line is upgraded......run stopping DT

I like your idea. You make 4 good points. I just hope Cody can shed some of those breasts.

dude, we've had this talk before, I just don't believe in sending good picks to another team for 1 aging player, especially when we dont have all the pieces in place, which we don't.

Now a UFA fine, sign somebody to be a cheap stopgap, but no trading of picks, we should be accumulating picks not sending them to other teams.

The acquisition of Bledsoe gave us a quick boost, but in the long run it set us back. You are absolutely correct that taking the expedient route, especially with this very depleted roster, is not going to have a meaningful impact. Having a few consecutive solid drafts is what this floundering franchise needs to get back to a respectful level.

1. Trade a 2nd rounder and Donte Shitner to the eagles for McNabb. (shitner can reunite with his bff jauron....the eagles need secondary help......and they will get it alright.....jauron will be sure to tell them how versitile he is)

4. Draft Terrance Codys Fat-Ass to clog up the middle like he did the dorm room toilets. (He is consistent at clogging)

Do not attempt to circumvent the language filter, please.

So that is all the Bills have to do to make Playoffs, where have you been for 10 years, Helluva Great Idea LOL

OK, so how about swapping 1st's with Philly and giving Marshawn Lynch for McNabb & their 2nd (3rd may be more realistic)? I'm not a huge "trade Marshawn" guy, but I wouldn't be too upset with letting him loose. As far as I'm concerned Lynch is a "?" with his habit of doing something stupid & with Philly's need or a top tier running back, it's not so far fetched. B4 i get the "this is a two RB league" retort, let me say, I agree; however, most teams that have the 1-2 RB punch have different style RB's. Lynch doesn't provide a change of pace to Freddy, they're both similar backs. There's a couple kids, to be had in the later rounds in the draft tht will do so...a bruiser, a good short yardage/goaline back. :D

so the #9 pick and lynch to philly for #24, #55, and mcnabb, yeah I'd do that, that would give us 24, 41, 55, 72 , that means we could def get a OT, DT OLB, and ILb or QB of the furture, in the first 3 rds, plus have the vet qb locked up, yeah I'd do that In a heartbeat, RB's are alot easier to replace. Although Id rather trade whitner to philly, and trade lynch to sd for cromartie and a 4th.

then end result being 24, 41, 55, 72, mcnabb, cromartie, so for the sake of speculation lets say those picks turn into

bruce campbell, brandon spikes, Mt cody and Lefevour, then pick up tackle depth and ilb depth in rds 4-7.

that means we get our tackles, and lbs, pres qb, future qb, & a corner to replace mcgee (constantly hurt)

Sounds like a winner, but thats alot to happen and it all must go our way. we'll see.

There's no quick fix for the QB position. You either draft this year, take your chances with a FA or go with Edwards.

In such a deep draft, I think it's ridiculous to trade away picks for guys like McNabb or Campbell.

And sit through another year with Trent Edwards at QB no way.

Does anyone really think we're going to the Superbowl next year? The best way to rebuild the team is build the lines first then branch out from there. Everyone thought Drew Brees was a bust until SD drafted Rivers and Brees stepped his game up. It doesn't matter who we have as QB if the O-line can't give him enough time to throw.

There's no quick fix for the QB position. You either draft this year, take your chances with a FA or go with Edwards.

In such a deep draft, I think it's ridiculous to trade away picks for guys like McNabb or Campbell.

I agree, we wasted so many #1 draft picks either by trading up or trading for players that didn't work for long (Bledsoe, R. Johnson).