Terrence Cody's Awesome Pecs

prissythecat

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will beat the Cody drum in this thread too -- kid went from 410 to a playing weight of 355 in a span of 2 years. thats a 55lbs loss once he got into a D1 strength and conditioning program.

Is the hiccup to 370 cause for concern? yea, it might be a trend in the other way, but more then likely I think that a 410 lbs man losing weight (especially without surgery, and many weightloss pills you or i could take) will not be a purely linear event. As long as he is taking 2 steps forward for every step back I think it says something about his motivation to follow through. Much like alcohol, cigarettes, it takes time and work to break bad habits with food and excercise -- he probably went home, cut a couple too many corners, and didnt account for the fact that he was no longer at practice everyday and put on a few pounds. im curious to see how he responds.

The other thing to remember with those pics -- massive weightloss leads to sagging and loose skin. think of a balloon loosing air -- his body looks soft and saggy because what was filling the skin is not there anymore. 50 lbs of fat is a huuuuge volume to lose, especially in a short time like 2 years.

• 3 weeks later...
The guy looks like a candidate for The Biggest Loser. You simply can't use the words "freakish athlete" and 400 lbs in the same sentence. Not when he's easily 50lbs overweight. Granted, he performed in college and I'll give him that but he scares the hell out of me if you're talking about him in round 1. Round 2 maybe.....

The NFL is as much about heart and desire as it is about size and ability. That's why players like Andre Reed, Steve Tasker and Chris Speilman succeed, they want it more than the other guy. Cody looks like he wants a cheeseburger more than increasing his draft status!

And...HE'S A 2 DOWN PLAYER!

No thanks

I just watched the Music City Miracle on the NFL Network and I don't think I saw Big Ted in on any 3rd down passing situations. That's the just the reality of the position, Cody would be asked to clog the middle on 1st and 2nd down and then Kyle Williams can come in on 3rd/obvious passing situations and get after the QB.

Let's not forget that Bruce Smith was thought of as a fat guy when he was drafted. It is a bit shocking just how out of shape this guy is in. I still would have to take a hard look before I would want to draft him.

Remind me, was Bruce ever over 400 pounds in high school? Was Bruce only a two-down player because he was so overweight, as Cody was for his entire college career?

Two totally different situations.

I'd be fine with 30 plays a game where you don't have to worry about the other team running up the middle......

Would you still be fine with it if he ballooned up to 450 and his knees dissolved under the pressure and he was out of football in 3 years?

Because that's the risk you run with Cody. If he gets down to 340 and stays there he will be all-pro every year. If he fluctuates between 355 and 400 (the most likely outcome, IMHO, since it's a continuation of the current trend) he'll have good years and bad years, be a force in the middle, play maybe 40% of defensive snaps and maybe fight injuries throughout his career. The Bills would have to have another maybe two guys to platoon with him, one for passing situations and one for giving Cody a rest. But if he can't control himself he could be out of the league but quickly.

After watching just about every Bama game the last two years I don't have any concerns with the "Cody ballooning to whatever weight" argument Thurman#1. Since highschool the guy has done nothing but improve and the "he'll take the money and eat" is the usual Stadium Wall dribble. Most around here know nothing about the guy and all this negativity is based on a picture. A PICTURE! Not what was done on a football field but again, a picture. This place is a true retard rodeo.

Ted Washington wasn't exactly fit and trim either, but he worked out just fine. Maybe Stroud could use a little more gut....

Honestly....can you imagine big Ted and Pat Williams shirtless? Those guys were dominant.

Having said that, the photo was a bit disturbing. It's the rare athlete that can be well over 300lbs and truly be fit. See Shaq. Most are carrying a fair amount of extra baggage...errrr....Boobs.

It's absolutely the "bro" that he needs.

After watching just about every Bama game the last two years I don't have any concerns with the "Cody ballooning to whatever weight" argument Thurman#1. Since highschool the guy has done nothing but improve and the "he'll take the money and eat" is the usual Stadium Wall dribble. Most around here know nothing about the guy and all this negativity is based on a picture. A PICTURE! Not what was done on a football field but again, a picture. This place is a true retard rodeo.

Careful there. The knickers get wadded up quickly some times.

I just watched the Music City Miracle on the NFL Network and I don't think I saw Big Ted in on any 3rd down passing situations. That's the just the reality of the position, Cody would be asked to clog the middle on 1st and 2nd down and then Kyle Williams can come in on 3rd/obvious passing situations and get after the QB.

That is likely when we would change over to our 4-3.