Buffalo comes in at #8 of Americas 20 most miserable cities

Rayzer32

I believe they are no longer there. I think they were leveled a few years ago. Sad day...err days!

West bank of the flats is still there. East bank, not so much. There's plenty of other areas to go.

I've lived in Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh. People/lifestyles are pretty much the same in all these towns. I live in Cleveland now and like living here. Rankings like this are just plain stupid.

Also, I would easily rather live in Cleveland over Columbus, but that's just me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The state of Ohio had 5 out of 20

Cleveland

Akron

Toledo

Youngstown

Canton

The only 2 places worth living in Ohio: Columbus and Cinncinnati

I've lived in Columbus since i graduated undergrad in '06 and will probably spend the rest of my life living there (job, In-Laws). I really like it, its big enough to get a taste of "city life" but small enough where its easy to get around. You won't confuse it with Chicago, NYC, LA, etc. but there's lots of growth, lots of great places to eat and drink, and it's brought me more into college sports (never really big on college sports growing up in WNY). On top of that, I'm still pretty close to my family in WNY and plenty close enough to have Bills season tickets! I thnk I could make the 4.5 hour drive in my sleep by now!

I always wonder how these lists are created... I'm sure weather economy, etc... are major variables. Except for the fact that they don't take into account the drastically low cost of living or the fact that there are things to do in the winter.

Personally I would move back to Buffalo rather than be in one of those hellish cities that just big wide streets full of big box stores and chain restaurants...

Elmwood Village was ranked as a top community in the USA if that is worth anything... Maybe not to Forbes.

I live in Philly now, but was born and raised in Rochester - still have family in Spencerport, Utica and New Hartford (basically Utica). I love to visit, and the cost of living is much lower than Philly.

Upstate NY ain't so bad...I still consider it home.

I live in Youngstown. It's not that bad here. These "best" and "worst" cities lists are nothing but trolling to get hits on a website. Unfortunately, it works all to well, which is why they keep doing it.

I'm in Toledo, Ohio. Under my name it actually says stuck in Toledo, Ohio. Although it's been five years now so I don't think I'm stuck. I've actually come to enjoy the area a great deal. The cost of living is so low. The people are extremely down to earth. The different races are tolerant and respectful of each other (this might be true in a lot of places but not where I grew up). So many food and shopping choices. Close proximity to several major cities.........

I don't mind Buffalo. It could pass as Pittsburgh if it had 4349 bridges around it.

And if you had to climb 250 feet to get to the end of the block, then go down 250 feet to reach the end of the next block...

I would hate to be a driver in Pittsburgh in the winter...must be rear-end accidents every hour from people not being able to stop going downhill...

These list are usually crap. Anywhere in the midwest or Great Lakes must be bad according to this list.

I live in St. Louis. Most of the area is very nice, yet it ranked 6th?

Buffalo is a great town yet it ranks behind Toledo, Gary and others?????

Chicago is one of my favorite cities .. it should never make a list like this.

Life is what you make it. If you're a miserable person, you going to be miserable whenever you live. Buffalo definitely has it's faults and I've had to start looking at jobs elsewhere, but I love my life here.

Buffalo is a good place to start...very underrated Colleges ,cheap cost of living that is if you have a job lol.

Buffalo is a dying city though because nothing was brought in to replace the steel and auto industries. And taxes are way to high.

Until they do that we might as well be Akron...and who young wants to live in Akron??

Perfect example of why to subscribe to magazines with more breasts versus articles written by little hoe duchebags like this twink.

Of course the rain in Seattle doesn't make anyone miserable... Freedom of the liberal press... drives me fing nuts...

You had me at "little hoe duchebags (sic) like this twink." ...and lost me at "Freedom of the liberal press." What does that even mean?