Mayock's top 5 by position

If Cody doesn't have the self discipline to stay in "reasonable" shape when his livelilhood and millions of dollars are at stake then how much motivation do you think he will have when he has signed a contract. No one doubts that he is an exceptional athlete when he is in shape. But he brings back memories of Mike Williams who lost his motivation and will to play when he was with us.

In addition, I don't trust a player whose man breasts are competitive with Dolly Parson's girls breasts.

What is it about Alabam linemen.

For the DT's, Terrence Cody is way down on the list. A possible (and better) option for the 3-4 NT would be Dan Williams from Tennessee. Also, Jared Odrick from Penn State as a 5-technique is a possibility. Would we be able to get away with not having that dominant NT if we have 2 dominant 5-techniques in Stroud and Odrick (or another 5-technique DE)?

Just a thought.

Solid choices that can be taken later in the draft is

Cam Thomas NC

Lamarr Houston Texas

I like Dan Williams but not sure if we can get a better value at 9 and then pick up Thomas or Houston in the 2nd or maybe the 3rd. All of these guys are more atheletic than Cody and can play 3 downs.

What is it about Alabam linemen.

Deep fired southern cooking and corn bread. A heart stopping combination. Lard piled on top of lard. It tastes good but it plugs up the plumbing.

If Cody changed his mentality on conditioning like Bruce Smith did Cody would easily be a top 10 pick.

For the DT's, Terrence Cody is way down on the list. A possible (and better) option for the 3-4 NT would be Dan Williams from Tennessee. Also, Jared Odrick from Penn State as a 5-technique is a possibility. Would we be able to get away with not having that dominant NT if we have 2 dominant 5-techniques in Stroud and Odrick (or another 5-technique DE)?

Just a thought.

Stroud is no longer a player that can be considered dominating. Effective role player maybe but not a game changer.

To me all this means is that Terrance Cody could be there for us in the 2nd and solve our NT problem......

To me the dream scenario would be the possibility of trading down from 9.....still grab Bulaga....pick up an additional 2nd rounder......pick up Terrance Cody and a good 3-4 linebacker in the 2nd round......and grabbing a QB in the 3rd round.

+1 :w00t:

Why can't the draft be tomorrow????

Because all of those dudes that are in the top five will be dropping out and be supplanted by better players once the combine reveals true wt., ht., speed, strength, quickness, dirty laundry, positive tests for illegal drugs or substances, arrest records, hand gun infractions, girl friend beatings, low wonderlic scores, etc.

Thank you, Steely. I owe you a cookie.

Let me get in line and also thank the Steel Man for his contribution.

Thank you for the recognition. It's just all in a days work for......Bicycle Repairman!!!

Because all of those dudes that are in the top five will be dropping out and be supplanted by better players once the combine reveals true wt., ht., speed, strength, quickness, dirty laundry, positive tests for illegal drugs or substances, arrest records, hand gun infractions, girl friend beatings, low wonderlic scores, etc.

Don't forget about the prospect that was caught a few years ago with a partridge in a pear tree. :wallbash:

Definitely agree..Stroud is on his way down in terms of production. I think Williams was more dominant for us last year.

Williams is one of the Bills best young players, but he will basically be a man without a position in the 3-4. I suspect that the Bills will try him at DE, but I suspect that the Bills will end up trading him within a year or two to a 4-3 team.