Bills will be making a major move at QB

Albany,n.y.

Since Jack Kemp's last days, every time the Bills have had a perceived hole at QB, they've made a move. Be it a 1st day draft choice (which really didn't become relevant until the common draft, because the AFL draft choices could be lost to the NFL), a trade or both, the team has never stood pat. Even when the team has appeared set, they still made 1st day moves on QBs.

This offseason represents another year when the Bills go in with a hole at QB. I expect a QB in the 1st 3 rounds & possibly a trade before the draft, spending one of these pick on a more seasoned QB.

Here's a recap of what they've done.

1970-Spent a 2nd rounder on Dennis Shaw, who became the starter.

1973-Not happy with Dennis Shaw, after his promising beginning, the team drafts Joe Ferguson in the 3rd round. He starts from day 1 as a rookie.

In between Ferguson's rookie year in 1973 and his final year in 1984 the team spent a number of high picks on QBs looking earlier for a solid backup & then Fergy's eventual successor. The 1st day picks are 1974-Gary Marangi (3rd round), several later round QBs throughout the 1970s, 1980 Gene Bradley (2nd), 1982 Matt Kofler (2nd), 1983 Jim Kelly (1st).

With Ferguson done after 1984, Kelly in the USFL, and Joe Dufek ending up the starter that season, the team did some major work to upgrade the QB spot in 1985 trading a mid-rounder for former Super Bowl QB Vince Ferragamo and drafting Frank Reich in the 3rd round. Then they went to the scrap heap to get Bruce Mathison after they decided to dump Dufek. With Ferragamo failing, Mathison became the starter and Ferragamo got cut, ending the season in Green Bay. Now forward to the following year & the Bills sign Art Schlichter to go with Reich & Mathison, but their real target is 1983 draft choice Jim Kelly, who signs a big contract & along with Frank Reich, solidifies the QB position for the next decade.

With Kelly aging, and Frank Reich leaving for a chance to start in Carolina, the Bills look ahead & spend a 2nd round pick on Todd Collins. In 1997 the Bills are not sure Collins can do it, so they trade a 3rd rounder for some competition-Billy Joe Hobert. Collins ends up the starter but only gets a year to prove himself as the starter and doesn't cut it well enough to satisfy the team.

It is now 1998 and the Bills once again see a hole at QB. With starter Todd Collins on the thinnest of ice, 1st they bring in Doug Flutie and then go for the gold (and get manure instead) sending 1st rd pick #9 and a 4th to Jacksonville for Rob Johnson, who promptly signs a 5 year $25 million contract.

Nothing happens between 1998 & 2000 because the Bills feel they have 2 QBs and are set. The only move for 2001 is to decide which QB to keep between Johnson & Flutie. They conduct interviews with both to see what they think of the team's offensive plans for 2001. The choice turns out to be an easy one as egomaniacs Tom Donahoe & Gregg Williams hear Johnson willing to toe the line while Flutie tells them he'll try it, but if it doesn't work out he wants to do it his way. Egomaniacs don't like that & cut Flutie.

After the 2001 final failure of Rob Johnson, the team once again has a hole at QB. They once again make the big move, trading a future 1st round pick for Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe makes the Pro Bowl in 2002 and even though he tailed off in the 2nd half he's the unquestioned starter.

After a shaky 2003 season the Bills aren't quite sure how much Bledsoe has left, so they go bold again in 2004. 1st they try to trade up for Ben Roethlisberger, then failing to do so, they end up once again bombing in a bold QB move trading a 2nd, 5th & a future 1st for JP Losman.

In 2005 with Bledsoe gone and Losman named the starter, the Bills get insurance with Kelly Holcomb signing as a free agent. Then in 2006 they sign UFA Craig Nall and in 1987 draft Trent Edwards in the 3rd. Through 2009 they now feel Trent Edwards is the answer, but they need a backup after JP Losman leaves & sign Ryan Fitzpatrick with the intent of having a non-threatening #2. Eventually career 3rd Gibran Hamdan, Trent's best buddy, is waivd when Trent is benched & Brian Brohm is signed as the new #3 and the team's latest project. Hamdan returns when Buddy Trent goes down for the season.

After this season's disaster the Bills are in a familiar spot-No QB is on the roster that they can confidently pencil in as the starter for 2010. History says they will make a bold move, going for QB gold no later than April's draft. This means they will go with at least 1 new QB, possibly two. If the Bills go into the draft without acquiring one of Philadelphia's QBs in a trade, team history almost guarantees the selection of a QB no later than round 3 and more likely round 1 or 2. Don't be surprised if the Bills trade up in the 1st round if they have Bradford or Claussen targeted. This team has never been afraid to make the bold move for a QB and I'm sure Ralph, who has been the one constant in the Bills history, has told Buddy Nix to get him a high profile QB.

Albany, Your point about this miserable organization not being able to secure a legitimate franchise qb is vaild. But you are missing the real point. This organization is horrible at talent evaluation in general. When was the last time the Bills had a competent OL? Was bringing in Dockery and Langston Walker at a premium price very smart? Of course not. Not acquiring an impact qb for a generation is a reflection of an incompetent front office and organization. That is where the real problem lies.

There are a variety of ways to fill needs. This is an era of free agency where there is constant player movement. The Raiders made the SB with Rich Gannon. How about the 49ers being able to get Jeff Garcia after he played for a variety of teams and in Canada? St. Louis and Arizona got to the SB with Kurt Warner, who previously played in the Arena league. David Garrard was not a high draft pick, yet he played at a high level for Jacksonville. Rodgers of the Packers was a low first round pick, Brees was a San Diego second round pick and he ended up with the Saints through free agency. The Dolphins got their probable franchise qb, Henne, in the second round.

I'm much more confident with Buddy Nix being our primary talent evaluator and selector. If he feels that there is a worthy franchise qb in the draft when his first pick comes up then he should pick a qb. If, however, he doesn't feel that the qb left on the board is the caliber of player he wants then he should not reach, just address another need. There are so many needs that taking the highest rated player for us is the best approach to take.

The Bills are YEARS away from being a playoff team. The goofy owner squandered years of development by the odd hiring of Levy and then having him replaced with Brandon, the marketing guru. If the owner would have used some common sense and brought in the best football GM person to replace Donahoe the team building process would be much more advanced.

The Bills have been a failed franchise for a long time because of the exceedingly bad decisions made by the clueless owner. If he would have made credible hires in the most critical positions this organization wouldn't be considered the Raiders of the east.

The more I see what Buddy Nix is doing the more I like it. He has a plan and a vision and he is executing that plan. Hiring Whaley from the Steelers is a statement in itself that the organization is going to have a certain identity and philosophy. If Buddy Nix is allowed to do his work then there is some hope that the Bills can become a relevant francise again.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't ask me, but I'll tell you mine. I too like the idea of McNabb. Give up whatever it takes to get him within reason of course. I have no interest in Troy Smith or anyone else who hasn't won anything. After McNabb I'd go for in this order:

Kyle Orton

Chad Pennington

Todd Collins

Kerry Collins

Duante Culpepper

Tavaris Jackson

Jeff Garcia

Damon Huard

I want someone who can play and win in the NFL and we know this because we've seen them do it with our own eyes. Potential means you haven't done anything. None of these guys are long term, but so what? Let's just go into a season without QB being a major question mark for the sixth year in a row. We can find long term guys later.

Are you an archaeologist? Sans Orton, you sure know your fossils.

First off, excellent post.

Secondly, I too am curious as to who you think we should bring in? I am a firm believer in giving almost the kitchen sink to get McNabb here, my second choice would probably be Troy Smith though. He has looked decent at times and was the starter over Flacco in training camp until he got injured. I think he may be worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I also think if we could get a good LT with our 1st pick, I believe Jake Delhomme would be another guy we could possibly get cheap to fill in for a year or 2. Draft maybe Lefevour or Tony Pike later in the draft to sit behind him for a year, and let Brohm and the rookie battle it out for #2 and eventual #1.

I don't really have an opinion on who should be brought in because as much as I like to play GM, the guys in charge are the professionals. The real problem is that in order to have a definitive answer, I'd have to know what Philadelphia, the one NFL team with too many QBs is thinking. I'd also have to know what the Bills are thinking about Bradford & Clausen. If they're totally sold on either, and they decided to go all out, they'd have to move up in the draft ahead of Washington to insure they get their guy. That means either giving up this year's 2nd or 3rd & a high pick next year as well. If they really like McNabb or Kolb, they could see what Philly is doing. Both, I think, are on the last year of contracts. If Philly decides not to sign McNabb to an extension and gives one to Kolb, McNabb will be on the trading block, no matter what Reid is currently saying. A 1st rounder is out, but a 2nd this year & a conditional pick next year might get the job done. Then McNabb would have to sign a 5 year $50+ million contract. Likewise, if McNabb is re-signed Kolb would be available-but we may have to give up a #1 to get him, with no real guarantees he's not the next Rob Johnson, who ironically was acquired when the Bills had pick #9.

So in my unprofessional opinion, if the team loves Clausen or Bradford trade up to #3 (Tampa Bay) & get the guy. If McNabb becomes available and they think he's got enough left-he's the win now option, as long as we keep pick #9 & draft a LT to protect him. Kolb becomes the wild card if Philly commits long term to McNabb. Vick is not an option-a team in a big city can get away with Vick, in Buffalo the backlash against Vick is too dangerous to bring him in-I don't have a problem with him, but some of my friends from the area have vowed to disown the team if Vick comes. They have convinced me Vick is not a viable option in Buffalo.

We had better, these three scrubs flat suck.

I'm having a hard time understanding the Brohm negativity for a guy who really never had much of a chance AFTER and I say AFTER his rookie pre-season. Seems like he did pretty well after that. Want to factually argue about that? Or would you rather just keep spouting intelligent stuff about how "three scrubs flat suck"? :wallbash:

First off, excellent post.

Secondly, I too am curious as to who you think we should bring in? I am a firm believer in giving almost the kitchen sink to get McNabb here, my second choice would probably be Troy Smith though. He has looked decent at times and was the starter over Flacco in training camp until he got injured. I think he may be worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I also think if we could get a good LT with our 1st pick, I believe Jake Delhomme would be another guy we could possibly get cheap to fill in for a year or 2. Draft maybe Lefevour or Tony Pike later in the draft to sit behind him for a year, and let Brohm and the rookie battle it out for #2 and eventual #1.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent Post

One thing that we have seriously lacked along with a QB since the retirement of Kelly is an Offensive minded coach. The Bills have struggled mightly with the defensive minded coaches, Wade, Gregg and Dick. Sure, Mularkey was there and produced some positive results for the short time he was in there but he just wasn't given the tools, IMO, to work with. Couple that with a complete of overall young talent and a quickly aging team, and he was screwed.

I do believe that Buddy will still go D on that Thursday night in April but I also believe the Bills will be scooping up one QB on Friday and another on Saturday. Currently the Bills lack a starter, depth and a disaster QB on the roster, which has been the root of the problems for at least the last 5 years.

I'm having a hard time understanding the Brohm negativity for a guy who really never had much of a chance AFTER and I say AFTER his rookie pre-season. Seems like he did pretty well after that. Want to factually argue about that? Or would you rather just keep spouting intelligent stuff about how "three scrubs flat suck"? :wallbash:

My negativity can be described more as skepticism than anything else. My skepticism is caused by the actions of others who have seen and analyzed the guy a lot more than any of us have.

1st off, it's unprecident that a QB, the most important position on the field, taken at overall pick 56 in the 2nd round, after a promising college career, is jettisoned to a practice squad after one season. The closest thing to Brohm I could find is in 1992 Tony Sacca was picked in the 2nd round at #40 & lasted only 2 years, never playing again in the NFL. In order to get to GB's practice squad 31 other teams, all who have scouted the guy with trained professionals, decided 1) Not to put in a waiver claim last September and pick him up for nothing. and 2) After he cleared waivers, not sign him to their 53 man roster, allowing him to rejoin Green Bay's practice squad.

My second reason for the skepticism is the decision makers at One Bills Drive who signed Brohm. Their track record, to put it mildly, is abysmal in choosing players to sign off other teams. If you told me Buddy Nix was the guy pushing hard for Brohm, I might be a little more optimistic, but as long as this is a player who came from the John Guy-Russ Brandon tree, I can't have much hope for the guy. If he turns out to be half as good as some of you think, that means that Guy/Brandon outsmarted every team in the entire league. That would be near miraculous. I can't see GB's effort to match the Bills offer as anything more than an attempt to keep their insurance policy in Brohm, a player who knew their sysyem already, since they only had 2 active QBs on the roster. Instead of trying to exceed the Bills offer, GB signed another QB to the practice squad to take his place & then another QB after Brohm's 1st replacement signed with another NFL team.

Reason number three. You can try to spin it in a positive way-he looked poised, he was willing to throw downfield, all with little practice time, he had the worst line in NFL history in front of him etc; but the bottom line is in Atlanta, Brohm did not play like a guy I'd want to hand the starting job to. While he was willing to throw it long, he was inaccurate when he did throw it long. Now I know that we are starved for a QB, but put his performance next to Ryan Fitzpatrick's this year with a similar line & he's light years behind Fitzpatrick. Some things were evident from the Atlanta game-once again going back to the professionals. Perry Fewell acted like a kid forced to drink castor oil when he had to start Brohm in Atlanta. He even had hopes for Fitzpatrick starting just hours before the game. After the 3 point performance, which once again has to be spun pretty hard to defend, he didn't try to build on it in the next game, he immediately went back to Fitzpatrick even though the final game was nothing more than a glorified exhibition game.

Fourth, when Chan Gailey was named head coach he mentioned only 2 QBs, Edwards & Fitzpatrick. It appears, from his words, that while Brohm has a decent chance to make the roster as a #3 project, Gailey does not want to go into next season with the idea of having Brian Brohm as his starter. Now I know this is my weakest reason-maybe I'm reading too much into what he said, but until Gailey starts talking positively about Brohm I feel he's also skeptcal of the guy's chances to start in the NFL.

Finally, we are all starving for quality play from a Bills QB. Unfortunately, just because the guy hasn't flamed out in a Bills uniform, is no reason to feel the guy can be our next starter.

Assuming Phili is willing to trade Mcnabb...what would it take? I think it would be too much to give, especially with all the holes we have.

Would Lynch and our second be enough?

Philly would probably jump at Lynch and a 2nd. I think that is a bad deal for Buffalo. Buffalo should NOT trade any picks in the top 4.

McNabb's leadership has always been in question. Most of the Eagles players want him out. I prefer to pass on him and draft a QB. We can maybe pick up a Pennington-type of vet to help groom a rookie.

My negativity can be described more as skepticism than anything else. My skepticism is caused by the actions of others who have seen and analyzed the guy a lot more than any of us have.

1st off, it's unprecident that a QB, the most important position on the field, taken at overall pick 56 in the 2nd round, after a promising college career, is jettisoned to a practice squad after one season. The closest thing to Brohm I could find is in 1992 Tony Sacca was picked in the 2nd round at #40 & lasted only 2 years, never playing again in the NFL. In order to get to GB's practice squad 31 other teams, all who have scouted the guy with trained professionals, decided 1) Not to put in a waiver claim last September and pick him up for nothing. and 2) After he cleared waivers, not sign him to their 53 man roster, allowing him to rejoin Green Bay's practice squad.

My second reason for the skepticism is the decision makers at One Bills Drive who signed Brohm. Their track record, to put it mildy, is abysmal in choosing players to sign off other teams. If you told me Buddy Nix was the guy pushing hard for Brohm, I might be a little more optimistic, but as long as this is a player who came from the John Guy-Russ Brandon tree, I can't have much hope for the guy. If he turns out to be half as good as some of you think, that means that Guy/Brandon outsmarted every team in the entire league. That would be near miraculous. I can't see GB's effort to match the Bills offer as anything more than an attempt to keep their insurance policy in Brohm, a player who knew their sysyem already, since they only had 2 active QBs on the roster. Instead of trying to exceed the Bills offer, GB signed another QB to the practice squad to take his place & then another QB after Brohm's 1st replacement signed with another NFL team.

Reason number three. You can try to spin it in a positive way-he looked poised, he was willing to throw downfield, all with little practice time, he had the worst line in NFL history in front of him etc; but the bottom line is in Atlanta, Brohm did not play like a guy I'd want to hand the starting job to. While he was willing to throw it long, he was inaccurate when he did throw it long. Now I know that we are starved for a QB, but put his performance next to Ryan Fitzpatrick's this year with a similar line & he's light years behind Fitzpatrick. Some things were evident from the Atlanta game-once again going back to the professionals. Perry Fewell acted like a kid forced to drink castor oil when he had to start Brohm in Atlanta. He even had hopes for Fitzpatrick starting just hours before the game. After the 3 point performance, which once again has to be spun pretty hard to defend, he didn't try to build on it in the next game, he immediately went back to Fitzpatrick even though the final game was nothing more than a glorified exhibition game.

Fourth, when Chan Gailey was named head coach he mentioned only 2 QBs, Edwards & Fitzpatrick. It appears, from his words, that while Brohm has a decent chance to make the roster as a #3 project, Gailey does not want to go into next season with the idea of having Brian Brohm as his starter. Now I know this is my weakest reason-maybe I'm reading too much into what he said, but until Gailey starts talking positively about Brohm I feel he's also skeptcal of the guy's chances to start in the NFL.

Finally, we are all starving for quality play from a Bills QB. Unfortunately, just because the guy hasn't flamed out in a Bills uniform, is no reason to feel the guy can be our next starter.

You make good points but I think Brohm needs a shot. Farve, Testeverde and many others had rough starts in the NFL.

I can see us going into camp with Edwards, Fitz, Brohm and a rookie. If we pick up a veteran FA then I would think Edwards or Fitz is out. Brohm is still an unknown.

I am glad we have Gailey trying to figure this out rather than a first year HC with no experience. This is a big problem and it has been since Kelly left.

Since Jack Kemp's last days, every time the Bills have had a perceived hole at QB, they've made a move. Be it a 1st day draft choice (which really didn't become relevant until the common draft, because the AFL draft choices could be lost to the NFL), a trade or both, the team has never stood pat. Even when the team has appeared set, they still made 1st day moves on QBs.

This offseason represents another year when the Bills go in with a hole at QB. I expect a QB in the 1st 3 rounds & possibly a trade before the draft, spending one of these pick on a more seasoned QB.

Here's a recap of what they've done.

1970-Spent a 2nd rounder on Dennis Shaw, who became the starter.

1973-Not happy with Dennis Shaw, after his promising beginning, the team drafts Joe Ferguson in the 3rd round. He starts from day 1 as a rookie.

In between Ferguson's rookie year in 1973 and his final year in 1984 the team spent a number of high picks on QBs looking earlier for a solid backup & then Fergy's eventual successor. The 1st day picks are 1974-Gary Marangi (3rd round), several later round QBs throughout the 1970s, 1980 Gene Bradley (2nd), 1982 Matt Kofler (2nd), 1983 Jim Kelly (1st).

With Ferguson done after 1984, Kelly in the USFL, and Joe Dufek ending up the starter that season, the team did some major work to upgrade the QB spot in 1985 trading a mid-rounder for former Super Bowl QB Vince Ferragamo and drafting Frank Reich in the 3rd round. Then they went to the scrap heap to get Bruce Mathison after they decided to dump Dufek. With Ferragamo failing, Mathison became the starter and Ferragamo got cut, ending the season in Green Bay. Now forward to the following year & the Bills sign Art Schlichter to go with Reich & Mathison, but their real target is 1983 draft choice Jim Kelly, who signs a big contract & along with Frank Reich, solidifies the QB position for the next decade.

With Kelly aging, and Frank Reich leaving for a chance to start in Carolina, the Bills look ahead & spend a 2nd round pick on Todd Collins. In 1997 the Bills are not sure Collins can do it, so they trade a 3rd rounder for some competition-Billy Joe Hobert. Collins ends up the starter but only gets a year to prove himself as the starter and doesn't cut it well enough to satisfy the team.

It is now 1998 and the Bills once again see a hole at QB. With starter Todd Collins on the thinnest of ice, 1st they bring in Doug Flutie and then go for the gold (and get manure instead) sending 1st rd pick #9 and a 4th to Jacksonville for Rob Johnson, who promptly signs a 5 year $25 million contract.

Nothing happens between 1998 & 2000 because the Bills feel they have 2 QBs and are set. The only move for 2001 is to decide which QB to keep between Johnson & Flutie. They conduct interviews with both to see what they think of the team's offensive plans for 2001. The choice turns out to be an easy one as egomaniacs Tom Donahoe & Gregg Williams hear Johnson willing to toe the line while Flutie tells them he'll try it, but if it doesn't work out he wants to do it his way. Egomaniacs don't like that & cut Flutie.

After the 2001 final failure of Rob Johnson, the team once again has a hole at QB. They once again make the big move, trading a future 1st round pick for Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe makes the Pro Bowl in 2002 and even though he tailed off in the 2nd half he's the unquestioned starter.

After a shaky 2003 season the Bills aren't quite sure how much Bledsoe has left, so they go bold again in 2004. 1st they try to trade up for Ben Roethlisberger, then failing to do so, they end up once again bombing in a bold QB move trading a 2nd, 5th & a future 1st for JP Losman.

In 2005 with Bledsoe gone and Losman named the starter, the Bills get insurance with Kelly Holcomb signing as a free agent. Then in 2006 they sign UFA Craig Nall and in 1987 draft Trent Edwards in the 3rd. Through 2009 they now feel Trent Edwards is the answer, but they need a backup after JP Losman leaves & sign Ryan Fitzpatrick with the intent of having a non-threatening #2. Eventually career 3rd Gibran Hamdan, Trent's best buddy, is waivd when Trent is benched & Brian Brohm is signed as the new #3 and the team's latest project. Hamdan returns when Buddy Trent goes down for the season.

After this season's disaster the Bills are in a familiar spot-No QB is on the roster that they can confidently pencil in as the starter for 2010. History says they will make a bold move, going for QB gold no later than April's draft. This means they will go with at least 1 new QB, possibly two. If the Bills go into the draft without acquiring one of Philadelphia's QBs in a trade, team history almost guarantees the selection of a QB no later than round 3 and more likely round 1 or 2. Don't be surprised if the Bills trade up in the 1st round if they have Bradford or Claussen targeted. This team has never been afraid to make the bold move for a QB and I'm sure Ralph, who has been the one constant in the Bills history, has told Buddy Nix to get him a high profile QB.

Us more "seasoned" fans are familiar with that history having lived it. But I think it is pretty much true of every team in dire need of a QB. Every team in that situation tries to address it and there are only two ways to do that, draft one or get a vet. So as interesting as I find this trip down bad memory lane, I don't find it all that revealing. No offense.

The thing is... no matter what QB is behind center, if the O line isn't drastically improved with a decent left tackle who can play 16 games it won't matter who the QB is. Plus they need upgrades at other positions on the O line.

In the 4 sets of years that the Bills were actually a decent team they all had really good O lines. Jack Kemp had Billy Shaw et al. OJ Simpson had the electric co.-Joe Furguson had Jim Richter et all. Jim Kelly had Will Wilford, Kent Hull et al.

Chuck Knox was an ex O-linemen himself, he drafted Jim Richter with the #1 pick in 80 and let him sit on the bench and learn his first year, Richter played 14 seasons for the Bills.

The 90's era Bills always had a really good O line, Levy, Polian, Marchibroda all helped build that line with...Will Wolford-Jim Richter-Kent Hull-John Davis-Howard"house" Ballard. In 1990 Pete Metzelaars wasn't the starter, Keith (k-gun) McKeller was, Pete was the blocking tight end and was able to play tackle if needed, that's how good a blocker he was.

Look at my avatar and notice the hole Thurman Thomas had to run thru

Should the Bills manage to acquire more really good O linemen via the draft, free agency or trade, then they just might allow any QB to have a successful season.

Philly would probably jump at Lynch and a 2nd. I think that is a bad deal for Buffalo. Buffalo should NOT trade any picks in the top 4.

If Philly would jump a this, Lynch'd be on the next plane haeding south east if I had anything to say about it. A 33 year old QB with 210 TDs and 100 picks and one SB appearance. You'd have to be smoking crack to not take that deal. Finally, a real QB in Bufalo for the first time since we ran Flutie out of town.

If Philly would jump a this, Lynch'd be on the next plane haeding south east if I had anything to say about it. A 33 year old QB with 210 TDs and 100 picks and one SB appearance. You'd have to be smoking crack to not take that deal. Finally, a real QB in Bufalo for the first time since we ran Flutie out of town.

+1 :unsure:

Great original post. I think the rest of you might be on drugs though. Who called Kerry Collins a "definite"? This aging alcoholic who went 0-6 this year on a team fresh off an AFC Divisional Playoff appearance only to lose his job to an illiterate semi-sidearm/shotput quarterback? Who's advocating Damon Huard? Or Todd Collins, part deux?? And Harami...Tebow? Not even going there. And what's with the guy trying to trade a nearly-retired Aaron Schobel?

I love all the unwarranted man-love for Brohm on this website. What has he ever done? He was great in college in the pathetic Big East. His delivery is so slow Byron Leftwich wants him to speed it up. And ever since getting to the pros he's literally done nothing. Literally. Nothing. The "I've heard of him" factor can only take you so far.