Interesting Change in Mock:

Astrobot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been clued in that the next DraftTek mock will have a change at RD1#4 that would drop 2 QB's into Cleveland's lap at RD1#7. The Redskin fans and their correspondent, who had been grabbing Bradford all along, are rethinking their pick, and will look for someone to protect him (Russell Okung). Now the scenario might be:

1 St Louis Ndamukong Suh DT43 Nebraska

2 Detroit Gerald McCoy DT43 Oklahoma

3 TBay Eric Berry FS Tennessee

4 Wash Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State

5 K City Rolando McClain ILB Alabama

6 Seattle Joe Haden CB Florida

7 Cleve Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

8 Oak ?

9 Buffalo ?

Now you know that Oakland likes the shiny players. Do they take Dez Bryant WR and leave us in the enviable position of choosing between the most NFL-ready quarterback (Bradford) and the draft's best run-blockers (Williams, Bulaga)? Would This Change Your Pick at 9? I need to know what the pulse is.

Astro

He probably won't be there, but if he somehow falls to us, you take Bradford. The guy should be at the top of the Bills wish list and if he's not there they should go OT. I almost hope they think about trading up to get him. This team needs a QB above all other positions.

Top OL

If McClain is gone, I go OT. Whether it's Davis, Campbell, or Bulaga I do not know. The combine will be the key determining factor IMO. We know that all three of these guys are good, but one or two will separate themselves from the pack at the combine.

the best Left tackle available

Anthony Davis

I have seen mocks which list Davis as a guard, and that he has some issues (work ethic?).

I don't know much about him, but would hope to go OL -- trade down maybe, get Bulaga?

Bradford if he were there would be hard to "pass" on...

I've been clued in that the next DraftTek mock will have a change at RD1#4 that would drop 2 QB's into Cleveland's lap at RD1#7. The Redskin fans and their correspondent, who had been grabbing Bradford all along, are rethinking their pick, and will look for someone to protect him (Russell Okung). Now the scenario might be:

8 Oak ?

9 Buffalo ?

Now you know that Oakland likes the shiny players. Do they take Dez Bryant WR and leave us in the enviable position of choosing between the most NFL-ready quarterback (Bradford) and the draft's best run-blockers (Williams, Bulaga)? Would This Change Your Pick at 9? I need to know what the pulse is.

Astro

And that scenario might not be either...so we learned a lot there! With a new head coach like Shananhan you can bet he is going to pick the QB that he thinks will lead the team for the next 10 year! Probably say goodbye to Bradford or Clausen..and I'll bet both MIGHT BE gone by the 9th pick! LOL :wallbash:<_<

And that scenario might not be either...so we learned a lot there! With a new head coach like Shananhan you can bet he is going to pick the QB that he thinks will lead the team for the next 10 year! Probably say goodbye to Bradford or Clausen..and I'll bet both MIGHT BE gone by the 9th pick! LOL :wallbash:<_<

If you have an opportunity to get a franchise QB you do it. There is no discussion

If you have an opportunity to get a franchise QB you do it. There is no discussion

There are "franchise QB's" in every draft. At least 3-4 of them Just look at some of the posts from years past. Every year without fail there are 3-4 QB's we have to draft.

PTR

It seems to me that the talent of this years draft is stronger at OL then it is at QB

Lets bring in a veteran QB for this next year and biuld the line.....then go for the QB of the future next year.

We still dont know if Brohm is not salvagable........I was a big fan of him in college.

Yeah, lets improve to 9-7, and pick 15th after all the top QB's have been taken. If a talented QB is there (we'll know more after the combine/workouts) they better take him, unless they are working out a deal for a 1st/2nd tier veteran QB (unlikely).

8 Oak ?

9 Buffalo ?

Astro

Thank you for finally bringing some sanity to the #4 pick. No way do they take a QB.

putting a QB with a glass shoulder behind a sieve-like OL is a really good plan

Bradford only needs to fall down on his own to get hurt

should last a long time in Buffalo

No you let him sit, work on playing under center etc., and build up the line in the meantime with some well chosen free agents, and other draft picks. Maybe they won't have the greatest O-line ever assembled by the new QB's second season (I know, "It's gotta be as least as good as the Jets, or they'll NEVER win"), but I'm sure they can bring together a good line by Opening Day 2011.

Writing off a whole season to improve the O-line, THEN getting QB and developing him (what 2 or 3 more seasons?) is just stupid, and no GM or coach would feel comfortable about keeping their job, while waiting around for all these improvements.

I wouldn't hold it against them if they drafted 7QB's. They are going nowhere without a legitimate QB.

Again, ONE good QB inthe last 40 years!

8 Oak ?

9 Buffalo ?

Astro

HOw exactly is Bradford the most NFL ready? He plays in a spread offense and has had his shoulder broken twice by guys who are slower and smaller than those he will be hit by in the NFL. Jus say no to a QB in the first round. Do what they should have done for years - fix the offensive line!!!!

One trade down scenario that could work out for us, realistically IMO, is with Seattle. I think Okung may just fall to the #6 slot and Seattle will scoop him up to replace Walter Jones. After that, if Bradford or Clausen make it to #9 I could see Seattle blowing up our phone with the #14 pick and an offer of their 2nd so they could get their supposed franchise QB. We then send our 4th back to even out on the point chart. In the end we could get our LT (likely Bulaga) at #14 and gain a 2nd to address another need with a high end pick. We could then take a guy like Sergio Kindle in the 2nd with Seattle's pick and turn around to get a DT like Cam Thomas to put some beef on the DL. Thomas and Stroud would be nasty, as well as Kindle with Puz and Mitchell? There wouldn't be very many games, if any, on the ground by our opponents like we had to deal with last year.