Interesting Change in Mock:

Astrobot

I've been clued in that the next DraftTek mock will have a change at RD1#4 that would drop 2 QB's into Cleveland's lap at RD1#7. The Redskin fans and their correspondent, who had been grabbing Bradford all along, are rethinking their pick, and will look for someone to protect him (Russell Okung). Now the scenario might be:

1 St Louis Ndamukong Suh DT43 Nebraska

2 Detroit Gerald McCoy DT43 Oklahoma

3 TBay Eric Berry FS Tennessee

4 Wash Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State

5 K City Rolando McClain ILB Alabama

6 Seattle Joe Haden CB Florida

7 Cleve Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

8 Oak ?

9 Buffalo ?

Now you know that Oakland likes the shiny players. Do they take Dez Bryant WR and leave us in the enviable position of choosing between the most NFL-ready quarterback (Bradford) and the draft's best run-blockers (Williams, Bulaga)? Would This Change Your Pick at 9? I need to know what the pulse is.

Astro

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been clued in that the next DraftTek mock will have a change at RD1#4 that would drop 2 QB's into Cleveland's lap at RD1#7. The Redskin fans and their correspondent, who had been grabbing Bradford all along, are rethinking their pick, and will look for someone to protect him (Russell Okung). Now the scenario might be:

8 Oak ?

9 Buffalo ?

Now you know that Oakland likes the shiny players. Do they take Dez Bryant WR and leave us in the enviable position of choosing between the most NFL-ready quarterback (Bradford) and the draft's best run-blockers (Williams, Bulaga)? Would This Change Your Pick at 9? I need to know what the pulse is.

Astro

Bradford in a heartbeat.

If McClain is gone, I go OT. Whether it's Davis, Campbell, or Bulaga I do not know. The combine will be the key determining factor IMO. We know that all three of these guys are good, but one or two will separate themselves from the pack at the combine.

8 Oak ?

9 Buffalo ?

Astro

Bradford

8 Oak ?

9 Buffalo ?

Astro

If this scenario plays out it is Bluaga no questions asked. Bradford has injury issues and we are still better off value wise with a guy like LeFevouer in the 2nd or 3rd. A Tackle of Bulaga's ability is not that common.

Just to add to the confusion, Seattle is talking about letting Haden drop as well. This means Oakland, whose main needs are OG and OT, and maybe DT, have a choice between following their head (Bulaga, Williams, maybe Iupati, maybe Dan Williams DT) or following Al Davis's behind and drafting Dez Bryant, the 6'2", 220 #1 WR.

The Bills would have nice choices any way this turns out, but I get uneasy every time they talk about a CB of Haden's caliber falling. Well, Jauron's gone to Philly--what are the chances WE'd pick him?!?!

I like the O-Line remaining our #1 priority, though.

I still say the flyer for the Bills is Brohm. Not saying award him the job simply saying that depending on how he is viewed by Gailey will likely influence the Bills significantly in their pick. If they believe Brohm is a true prospect they take the best line prospect they can (interior defense or left o-tackle being the priorities). If they are uncertain about Brohm they grab a QB.

Obviously, the Bills need a QB.

Waiting to get one is a major waste of another year.

The Bills just wasted four years with Jauron- they can't afford to waste another.

Get a QB.

Somewhere.

Somehow.

Take the top OT, get Pike or Lefevour later, sit them for a year (Pike needs to bulk up and they both need to learn a pro system) so they don't get killed as rookies (NYJ have one of the best OLs in the league) and go from there.