Julius Peppers.....about to become an UFA

papazoid

i have to agree with Nix here. too many big ticket FAs dont live up to their billing. whether its because the team or system they were in made them look better than they are, or because they take it easy after cashing in, i don't know. i just know many don't perform. you have to take a long hard look at the player and the person before taking the plunge in one of these cases.

There ya go. Just because an owner can spend the money doesn't mean he should. Snyder in Washington has thrown big money at all the top free agents almost every year, and has nothing to show for it. The last time Ralph threw big money at free agents were with Dockery and Walker. Neither lived up to their hype, and haven't since they left.

The only free agent Ralph should have kept was Peters, and even that's debatable considering how much it would have taken to keep him here. I think his play is too inconsistent to throw that kind of money at him. He plays like the best LT in the game for stretches, and then seems to lose his concentration and focus.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say YES !!......especially if Schoebel retires....(schoebel cap hit is around $9 mil)

Julius is a Perennial ALL-PRO

the franchise tag value on a DE is about $12.5 mil

i know, i know...he probably wouldn't want to come here......and Buddy Nix is on record saying he doesn't like the big ticket FA's........but he is a difference maker,,,,the bills should at least try. would probably take a deal in the $14-15 a year range for about 5 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-by-25-percent/

Last I knew he was looking for $18mil+ a year. I believe we have far greater needs to address than to drop that much coin on Peppers. Spend $18+ on getting Rivers behind center or something? Sure. I'd say the Bills have an entire offense to fix now. Not enough cash to pick up Peppers.

it's all a moot point anyway. Dude wouldn't come here and Ralph would never sign off on that size contract

Being close to the Peppers situation here in Carolina, I wouldn't bother trying to sign him. He only plays when he feels like it. He obviously takes plays and games off. He has been publicly called out by the owner, coaches, and players here. He's a prima donna head case with a reputation that is far greater than his performance.

Stroud sounded like a great idea until he got here. Peppers would probably be the same. The only UFA I might want is Richard Seymour 'cause he may want to stick it to Belicheck. NOOOOO on Peppers.

Agreed on Seymour, but I want us to throw everything we can out there to get Dansby in here as well.

Peppers is the type of player that will get paid and just tank....no thanks

almost 1 mil a game for 10.5 sacks and 42 tackles....Schobel had 10 sacks and 56 tackles

I understand the impact Peppers might bring but i just dont think he is worth anywhere near what he will probably get

There ya go. Just because an owner can spend the money doesn't mean he should. Snyder in Washington has thrown big money at all the top free agents almost every year, and has nothing to show for it. The last time Ralph threw big money at free agents were with Dockery and Walker. Neither lived up to their hype, and haven't since they left.

The only free agent Ralph should have kept was Peters, and even that's debatable considering how much it would have taken to keep him here. I think his play is too inconsistent to throw that kind of money at him. He plays like the best LT in the game for stretches, and then seems to lose his concentration and focus.

I could be wrong about this, but I personnly think Peters was never the same after the groin injury he suffered against the Giants at the end of 07 season. That, coupled with the fact he didn't want to play here anymore, letting him leave was the right call.

First, obviously, we need to know what type of defense we'll be playing for the next three or more years. Our secondary looks good for the time, and, IMO linebackers are the easiest things to find in FA or draft - defensive equivalent to running backs. So, I'd say our D-line needs an infusion of youth more than any other area on D, especially if Maybin is OLB.

But, if we were running a 4-3 and we could spend the money - I've thought since last year that Maybin looks alot like a young Peppers, and I'd imagine could use his mentoring. Think of Peppers, Maybin, Schobel, Stroud, and Williams line... not bad.

i say YES !!......especially if Schoebel retires....(schoebel cap hit is around $9 mil)

Julius is a Perennial ALL-PRO

the franchise tag value on a DE is about $12.5 mil

i know, i know...he probably wouldn't want to come here......and Buddy Nix is on record saying he doesn't like the big ticket FA's........but he is a difference maker,,,,the bills should at least try. would probably take a deal in the $14-15 a year range for about 5 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-by-25-percent/

Orange Julius Bell Peppers!

B-LO front 4 in 2k10: Seymour, Stroud, Wilfork, Peppers

Then we're gonna draft McClain boyeeeeeee!!!!

So to recap, we've got the Seymour... the Stroud, Wilfork plugging the middle!, Peppers on attack! And then we're gonna sport McClain, Poz, and Mitchell at backer... but then we might replace Mitchell if he busts a suck!

Not a doubt in my mind that Peppers goes to New England.

He will be a Patriot and they will continue to beat us twice a year.

They will get Peppers and we will get Seymour or Wilfork...and Peppers will outperform whomever we get by a long shot.

:blink:

why is everyone so sure seymour wont be a raider?

I would love to see Peppers. But I would rather have a LE thats great against the run and a great rusher like Seymour. With Denneys contract being up and cutting Kelsay, we free up 8-9 Mil I believe and take no cap hit without a CBA. Trading Schobel would bring the total to 15-16 Mil. That 8-9 Mil is enough for Seymour, and the 15-16 is more than enough to bring in Seymour and another vet DE.

As bad as I hate Maybin, and how terrible he is, I still think:

Maybin&Seymour>Schobel&Kelsay

Thats why we should have drafted Orakpo!

Not a doubt in my mind that Peppers goes to New England.

The Patriots won't pony-up the cash that Peppers will be seeking. They already got burned by Adalius Thomas. Not to mention, they're on the decline.

why is everyone so sure seymour wont be a raider?

I seem to think the odds are against him returning there. There has been a lot of talk about him being traded or released.

The Patriots won't pony-up the cash that Peppers will be seeking. They already got burned by Adalius Thomas. Not to mention, they're on the decline.

The Patriots have a better chance at getting him. And, they are still better than us...as of right now! :wallbash: