Julius Peppers.....about to become an UFA

papazoid

Actually the Cowboys can sign him, but he'd be their only big ticket FA. The final 4 teams have major restrictions on who they can sign, while teams 5-8 have less.

The Cowboys have to lose a big contract FA for them to have the ability to sign Peppers.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stroud sounded like a great idea until he got here. Peppers would probably be the same. The only UFA I might want is Richard Seymour 'cause he may want to stick it to Belicheck. NOOOOO on Peppers.

stroud has been bad here? hmm, we must be watching different football games then

The Cowboys have to lose a big contract FA for them to have the ability to sign Peppers.

That's what I thought that initially, then I saw an article that said they could sign 1 high-priced FA. I guess it's what you said/I thought initially.

Oh well, I guess he'll be a Redskin then.

I don't think there much of chance he would come to Buffalo.

The main 2 reasons he wanted to leave Panthers last year was to be an outside linebacker in a 3-4, and he wanted to go to a team that he felt had a better chance at winning a super bowl. Even if Buffalo switches to a 3-4, we don't have enough of right type of players to make it work properly, and unless we can sign a proper NT, and some better LB's as well as Peppers, that alone would most likely rule him out.

Bills recent history isn't a great recruiting tool for someone looking for a team to ride to super bowl either. The fact he is looking for a 20 million dollar a year salary makes it sort of hard for a small market team to afford. Would probably take atleast a 4 year deal, and the bonus would be somewhere about 20-25 million, dont know if Ralph could come up with that kind of cash.

Dallas would be my first guess at where he ends up. Patriots would not be a huge surprise, but doubt they would meet his salary demands. I would be surprised if he goes to Redskins, as they do not look like a super bowl caliber team.

Absolutely not!!!!!!!!

We have way too many holes to fill to be competitive to put that kind of money into one player any more. We would be much better off to improve 2 positions for that money.

i say YES !!......especially if Schoebel retires....(schoebel cap hit is around $9 mil)

Julius is a Perennial ALL-PRO

the franchise tag value on a DE is about $12.5 mil

i know, i know...he probably wouldn't want to come here......and Buddy Nix is on record saying he doesn't like the big ticket FA's........but he is a difference maker,,,,the bills should at least try. would probably take a deal in the $14-15 a year range for about 5 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-by-25-percent/

uh yeah - he parlayed an investment of about $65,000 into an estimated value of $965,000,000 - not a mathematician but that seems to be about a $900,000,000 increase in net worth - got it?

You're right, you're not a math guy.

$964,935,000 increase

I think Peppers is one of the most overrated players ever. Don't get me wrong, he's good but I've seen too many games when he doesn't do a think. People love to kill Schobel here, but JP went through a 14 game season with 2.5 sacks. If I'm going to spend the money Peppers is going to cost, I'm going to spent it on a guy who goes all out all the time. Peppers isn't that guy.

Isn't that what the Bills said about Pat Williams?

Yup, but Williams' durability is not the norm. Plus, his career started late due to college transfers and not playing his rookie year. He was only with the Bills for 6-7 years and only started part of that time. Compared to Peppers who's played 9 seasons as a starter.

Plus, speed is the first thing to go on aging players so age catches up with a DE faster.

I think Peppers is one of the most overrated players ever. Don't get me wrong, he's good but I've seen too many games when he doesn't do a think. People love to kill Schobel here, but JP went through a 14 game season with 2.5 sacks. If I'm going to spend the money Peppers is going to cost, I'm going to spent it on a guy who goes all out all the time. Peppers isn't that guy.

Eh. give me Peppers over Schobel for sure. Peppers has 3 more sacks, 9 more forced fumbles, and 3 more ints.. in 13 fewer games.

That 2.5 sack season was an anomaly imo.

Yup, but Williams' durability is not the norm. Plus, his career started late due to college transfers and not playing his rookie year. He was only with the Bills for 6-7 years and only started part of that time. Compared to Peppers who's played 9 seasons as a starter.

Plus, speed is the first thing to go on aging players so age catches up with a DE faster.

The difference is we had Williams here and thus had first hand knowledge how he'd play in our system, in our weather. It was really a no-brainer to keep him. Peppers is a big wild card with an even bigger cap hit.

The difference is we had Williams here and thus had first hand knowledge how he'd play in our system, in our weather. It was really a no-brainer to keep him. Peppers is a big wild card with an even bigger cap hit.

No argument that we should have kept Williams. But that mistake doesn't give any credence to the 'sign Peppers' movement.

Eh. give me Peppers over Schobel for sure. Peppers has 3 more sacks, 9 more forced fumbles, and 3 more ints.. in 13 fewer games.

That 2.5 sack season was an anomaly imo.

Never said Schobel was better than him. But is Peppers $10 million better than AS when I believe he only has 9 more sacks over the same time span? I say no and let some other team overspent on a guy who brings it 50% of the time.

Never said Schobel was better than him. But is Peppers $10 million better than AS when I believe he only has 9 more sacks over the same time span? I say no and let some other team overspent on a guy who brings it 50% of the time.

For the bills, price is def. a consideration. I guess we were arguing different things. Despite only bringing it 50% of the time, he'll still give you 10+ sacks almost guaranteed.

Anyway, it's not going to happen. I just don't think he's overrated.