Eric Wood walking again

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=5305

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...90-805dc47cc188

Good to hear that our starting guard/center should be ready for the 2010 season unless he needs further surgery :blink:

Just read the article. He's a great kid and I hope there's no setbacks. Based on what I read he won't have surgery to take the screws and the rod out unless it's absolutely necessary. Sounds like he's well educated about the injury and how to recover from it.

“I’m walking finally, which was a long time coming,” he said. “It feels pretty good. I’m not pushing it real hard, but at the same time I’m kind of in a rush to get back and try to help this team. We’ve got a new coaching staff and I have to re-earn my job and I’m looking forward to the challenges that are ahead.”

Man, how refreshing to hear a player in today's game speak like this?!

Best wishes for your full recovery Eric!

Note: With Brohm living with him, there shouldn't be any issue with the center/QB snap. :blink:

My favorite line from the 2nd article:

“Before I went in for surgery the doctors were watching it on their phones,” said Wood. “They were telling me, ‘You’re going to want to see this.’ So I watched the replay of the injury from my hospital bed and it was pretty gruesome.”

Finally a story on Wood, and good to read that he's progressing. Thankfully the Bills have Levitre (who I'd like to see them try at LT), Hangman, and Incognito to man the interior, so rushing back Wood isn't necessary. And with Butler expected to make a full recovery, the Bills "only" need to find a LT. Oh, and a QB.

Finally a story on Wood, and good to read that he's progressing. Thankfully the Bills have Levitre (who I'd like to see them try at LT), Hangman, and Incognito to man the interior, so rushing back Wood isn't necessary. And with Butler expected to make a full recovery, the Bills "only" need to find a LT. Oh, and a QB.

I just don't trust Butler to stay healthy, and hope they address RT as well.

IF he ever lines up. With an injury like that there is a good chance he won't be back and even if he does, he may never be the same.

Careful, man. Informed opinions like those aren't all that welcome around here.

Just read the article. He's a great kid and I hope there's no setbacks. Based on what I read he won't have surgery to take the screws and the rod out unless it's absolutely necessary. Sounds like he's well educated about the injury and how to recover from it.

Years ago I had three screws placed in my leg to help heal a fractured femur. When I healed I was able to go back to running and resume my normal physical activity with no ill effects. I was very slow before I got hurt and I was still very slow when I recovered. :blink:

Eric Wood is now my sons favorite player

Its interesting that their time tables for healing are similar.....although I am encouraging him (he is 18 years old now so I have to sell more then tell nowadays) to redshirt or greyshirt his first year back to football

My son went down for surgury Jan 12th, ACL reconstruction, and needed to sew up some meniscus tears.

Careful, man. Informed opinions like those aren't all that welcome around here.

Informed? How so? Every injury is different. Some players have come back from it, others haven't. It depends on where the break occured and how the player approaches rehab. Provided that the injured leg wasn't shortened due to muscle atrophy, Wood has a good chance of playing, considering his work ethic and high pain tolerance, which he will need once serious rehab begins.