Darren Woodson on Mike and Mike just said why

He said they partied harder than every other team. He said they were out partying every night, veteran guys getting in fights at bars, etc.. No surprise for most of us but interesting to hear him say it. He said all they heard about in LA when we played Dallas for the first time was how the Bills were out at the clubs every night.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said they patied harder than every other team. He said they were out patrying every night, veteran guys getting in fights at bars, etc.. No surprise for most of us but interesting to hear him say it. He said all they heard about in LA when we played Dallas for the first time was how the Bills were out at the clubs every night.

So buffalo sucks because there's no nightlife and nothing to do but bills players were partying more than any other team? Yea I get how he said they were in LA on the one instance, but CHILD PLEASE

He said all they heard about in LA when we played Dallas for the first time was how the Bills were out at the clubs every night.

I thought that was what happened for the first or second Super Bowl they were in but they curtailed the partying for the others. Either way, I can't imagine it mattering outside of the Giants game. That was the only one that was close...

He said they patied harder than every other team. He said they were out patrying every night, veteran guys getting in fights at bars, etc.. No surprise for most of us but interesting to hear him say it. He said all they heard about in LA when we played Dallas for the first time was how the Bills were out at the clubs every night.

They patie - caked harder? They ate more crabby patties then any other team? And what exactly is patrying, anyway? Informing post, but slow down a little bit so we can follow what the heck you mean. Plus, was Woodson talking about this years' Cowboys, or the 1992-1993 Cowboys, or the 1992 Buffalo Bills??? :thumbsup:

Great, now Darren Woodson turns into the role of randon fan. Yes it was know that Bills partied in Tampa. Yes we heard stories about Darryl getting into a tussle with Magic's bodyguard in LA. But I don't recall wild shenanigans on the streets of Minneapolis nor partying in Atlanta. Basically, in 3 of 4 games Bills played a better team, and in the first they were too cocky and mismanaged the game which should have been a blow out.

ps - I'm also guessing Woodson is talking from personal experience when Barry Switzer ran them through boot camp.

Old news ... yawn.

it was a known fact that many bills players partied their butts off.....back in the day, i would see them out on friday nights before games all the time(mulligans on hertel, pierce arrow in west seneca, kelly's club).....sometimes on saturdays....... my sister worked at Jim Kelly's club, old bar in the main place mall, the private room upstairs....... the stories i could tell.....absolute fall down drunk.......no way they recovered by sunday.

discipline my azz during super bowl week......it was shameful......partying....hiding thurmans helmet....etc.....

no doubt it contributed in a negative way

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/28/sports/s...ml?pagewanted=1

It was a known fact that the Bills were on on a tight leash headed into that first Super Bowl against Dallas. In fact, the leash may have been too tight, as many observers thought they entered the game very tense.

They partied like crazy in Tampa. Luckily, they did not have the extra week off.

They were tight? Don't think so. They did not make enough big plays on offense. They missed tackes on defense. They waited until the 4th quarter to ride Thurman against a two man line. They did exactly what Bellichek and Parcells planned.

I thought that was what happened for the first or second Super Bowl they were in but they curtailed the partying for the others. Either way, I can't imagine it mattering outside of the Giants game. That was the only one that was close...

Super Bowl 1- Max McGee, a backup reciever for the Packers and a known party animal snuck out at night after Lombardi's curfew and got plastered. He was not expecting to play but a Packer starter got hurt and he played with what he described as a terrible hangover.

He had a huge game, caught a few TDs.

I think he meant they partied too hard after they won the AFC Championship- as if they had won something. The Colts were like "Yep, we won the AFC, who cares, lets prepare for the SB" The Saints - "OMFG WE WON!!!! Lets go party!" Reggie Bush "I just got hom two hours ago and got no sleep" - He said that on camera on ESPN Monday morning. Colts are going to sh*t stomp the Saints because the Saints have already won their chmapionship, or at least celebrating like they have. I always thought the Bills had the same problem.

I’m sure being outcoached had nothing at all to do with any of their losses.

Um being irresponsible is what cost them. Bruce, Thurman, Andre and Jim ALL came out years later and admitted to being messed up during a couple of those superbowls.

If Marv had been a real coach, he would have kept their asses on a curfew like Jimmy Johnson etal did.