Bills and Rams interested in trading for Mcnabb

I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNabb can't put a team on his back and win games week in and week out but he is still a top 10 QB. I think the change of scenery will be good for him too. Plus, he's it when it comes to options at QB via free agency/trade. Otherwise, we are going with a journeyman or a rookie and that never works out unless you have a great defense and supporting offensive cast. He's got 2 maybe 3 solid years left in him and he would be the leader that the Bills desperately need.

\

I'm guessing a 2nd rd pick this year and 4th next year might be enough do make the deal

I'd do that. Then you get the best left tackle available at #9, maybe grab another o-lineman in the 4th or 5th for depth, and spend the rest of the offseason fixing the defense.

Lots of stuff goes on at the senior bowl. I believe it as well. I just can't see giving up anything more than a 2nd for McNabb...and I'm torn about even giving that up. This team has too many holes.

you plug the biggest hole of all with McNabb, if even for 2-3 years. that gives time for a guy like Trent or Brohm to actually learn from a pro-bowl QB. this is how great qb's are developed - by sitting behind seasoned vetrans. one of the only guys it didn't work for was Losman. This is how E. manning, Pennington, Palmer, Rodgers, Rivers, Kolb, etc all developed. Going the route of Flacco, Rothelisberger, Ryan is more unpredictable.

a 2nd and 4th for McNabb for 2-3 years with Trent/Brohm behind him or another developing QB. Get a RT or LT in the 1st round and LBs in 3rd and FA. It would hurt us most in not getting a DT or DE which we could really use. But this at least gives us a QB who can win a game for us, which we have not had since, oh well we all know when...