Terrence Cody a "Sloppy" 370 Pounds at Senior Bowl

Thurman#1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this mentioned on the NFL network coverage also, could help him drop to the #41 slot, his combine will be a big indicator

He is so out of shape that I'd hope the Bills wouldn't waste even their 2nd pick on him. Guys like that

most often don't have the drive to get themselves into shape and therefore never reach their potential

in the NFL. Not saying he couldn't get it together, just that it is unlikely. Bruce Smith is an example of

someone who was fat coming out of college who "got fitness religion" and was tremendous - BUT there

are really few guys like that.

He is so out of shape that I'd hope the Bills wouldn't waste even their 2nd pick on him. Guys like that

most often don't have the drive to get themselves into shape and therefore never reach their potential

in the NFL. Not saying he couldn't get it together, just that it is unlikely. Bruce Smith is an example of

someone who was fat coming out of college who "got fitness religion" and was tremendous - BUT there

I see cody as a sam adams type, he has the talent, and if he can do what big sam used to i'd gladly spend a 2nd rd pick on him

Yeah, a lot of the buzz about Cody was that last year he was up to almost 400, but he got it under control and lost a lot of weight before and during the season. This shows that he didn't get "religion" as you say, he just realized that he'd better lose weight or he'd never play this year and never get drafted.

IMHO, this means he's likely to be a Jerry Crafts type guy or a Mike Williams or Bennie Anderson. The kind of guy who eats himself out of the league, the kind who gets his millions and loses all motivation.

I'd been interested before, but this is the same kind and size of red flag as the beautiful girl you meet who says, "Yeah, I really like you too. You seem much nicer than my last boyfriend, who used to look at other girls. I still cut his tires, rip off his antenna and paint dirty words on his house every month or so. Wanna date Saturday night?"

You add a weight clause in his contract then. The guy can dunk a basketball. He is a freak at his size. People over think things sometimes. He dominanted for the national champs. Without Cody, McClain isn't a top 10 pick. Cody is an instant run defense upgrade.

^This.

370lbs is a lot a weight to move even if he brings it down and turns that into muscle. My goodness, can you imagine the monster fill we would have at DT. I say draft him in teh second round if there. Solves the big guy in the middle problem.

Cody gained 15 pounds in 20 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude thats nothing, I put on 12 lbs on my honeymoon. He's a true NT. Last time I checked, Ted Washington, Casey Hampton, Vince Wolfork and Sean Rodgers aren't swimsuit models. If we are gong to switch to a 3-4, he's the most important piece to that puzzle.

Dude thats nothing, I put on 12 lbs on my honeymoon. He's a true NT. Last time I checked, Ted Washington, Casey Hampton, Vince Wolfork and Sean Rodgers aren't swimsuit models. If we are gong to switch to a 3-4, he's the most important piece to that puzzle.

whoa whoa whoa, are you sayin nose tackles are fat??? Blasphemy

I see cody as a sam adams type, he has the talent, and if he can do what big sam used to i'd gladly spend a 2nd rd pick on him

This...

Truth is there are SO few guys who have the natural bulk and athletic ability to be true NT's that even a guy like Cody who is a "sloppy" 370 has a decent chance to succeed...

Has anyone taken a look at Vince Wolfork lately?...Fat Pat? There are some pretty sloppy looking DT's going to the Pro Bowl every year...Not saying Cody will be a Pro Bowler or anything like that...

Just saying... :doh: