Terrence Cody a "Sloppy" 370 Pounds at Senior Bowl

Thurman#1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude thats nothing, I put on 12 lbs on my honeymoon. He's a true NT. Last time I checked, Ted Washington, Casey Hampton, Vince Wolfork and Sean Rodgers aren't swimsuit models. If we are gong to switch to a 3-4, he's the most important piece to that puzzle.

it shows the guy is a lazy fat ass. If you gain 15 pounds in 20 days before the Sr. Bowl what makes you think he will keep his weight in check before the sart of the year? If he doesn't get back to 350s before the combine it is going to kill his stock, at 350 his stamina was low at 370 it is going to flat out suck.

Dude thats nothing, I put on 12 lbs on my honeymoon. He's a true NT. Last time I checked, Ted Washington, Casey Hampton, Vince Wolfork and Sean Rodgers aren't swimsuit models. If we are gong to switch to a 3-4, he's the most important piece to that puzzle.

bingo. If he is there at #9, sorry guys who disagree, but if the Bills like him, take him. He becomes our nose tackle (maybe not starting right away Stroud/Williams, but certainly in the future) on the 3-4 defense and can help improve our run defense on the inside instantly.

it shows the guy is a lazy fat ass. If you gain 15 pounds in 20 days before the Sr. Bowl what makes you think he will keep his weight in check before the sart of the year? If he doesn't get back to 350s before the combine it is going to kill his stock, at 350 his stamina was low at 370 it is going to flat out suck.

you are making the mistake of assuming that his listed weight was his actual weight

Positives from yesterday about Cody from a UA beat writer's twitter:

"Cody just drove Ole Miss' John Jerry straight backward. He may be 370, but he knows how to use it."

"Cody just took Southern Cal OL Jeff Byers' lunch money too."

You add a weight clause in his contract then. The guy can dunk a basketball. He is a freak at his size. People over think things sometimes. He dominanted for the national champs. Without Cody, McClain isn't a top 10 pick. Cody is an instant run defense upgrade.

Has he dunked a basketball at this weight, or was it only back when he was ... uhm ... a svelte 350 or so?

Look at this picture and Cody's manboobs ...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/seniorbowl/monday.html

Not good.

you are making the mistake of assuming that his listed weight was his actual weight

No, he wasn't able to get away with that.

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sp...errence_c.html

This guy's weight has swung, in what, 9 months? From above 400 to 355 and back up to 370. The fact that he could lose all that weight seemed to be a positive sign. That's all by the boards, along with all thoughts of self-control and self-discipline.

Positives from yesterday about Cody from a UA beat writer's twitter:

"Cody just drove Ole Miss' John Jerry straight backward. He may be 370, but he knows how to use it."

"Cody just took Southern Cal OL Jeff Byers' lunch money too."

Thats why all these lazy comments are bs. ALL lineman especially college lineman will gain a decent amount of "bad" weight within 3 weeks after the season. Yeah it's not much of an excuse to just do nothing for those 3 weeks, but you can't blame him if he decided to take a mental and physical break before his greatest challenge yet. His style is reminiscent of warren sapp imo.

Has he dunked a basketball at this weight, or was it only back when he was ... uhm ... a svelte 350 or so?

Look at this picture and Cody's manboobs ...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/seniorbowl/monday.html

Not good.

No, he wasn't able to get away with that.

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sp...errence_c.html

This guy's weight has swung, in what, 9 months? From above 400 to 355 and back up to 370. The fact that he could lose all that weight seemed to be a positive sign. That's all by the boards, along with all thoughts of self-control and self-discipline.

Couldn't find a picture of him dunking a basketball but found these: http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/885/F583982.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=3610296

But Jones also mentioned he had a 400-pound defensive lineman who could dunk a basketball.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/1...r-bowl-practice

This has been reported in many places. IMHO it moves him, for us at least, out of consideration for even a trade-down in the first. Guys with weight problems aren't going to look good to Nix.

It is amazing to think that when potential millions ride on staying in shape some elect not to do so.

It is amazing to think that when potential millions ride on staying in shape some elect not to do so.

I'm not a defender of overweight people because I do think the majority of people like that are jsut lazy. However, some people really can't control it at a certain point. Cody is a freak athlete at his size. How much was Te Washington at the end of his career? How much would Cody have to move? Honestly if Cody is 500 lbs and there in the 2nd, I'd still take him. He is an absolute load and makes LBs better.

I'm not a defender of overweight people because I do think the majority of people like that are jsut lazy. However, some people really can't control it at a certain point. Cody is a freak athlete at his size. How much was Te Washington at the end of his career? How much would Cody have to move? Honestly if Cody is 500 lbs and there in the 2nd, I'd still take him. He is an absolute load and makes LBs better.

I agree. It would very tough to pass on him in the 2nd. He apparently came into Alabama at over 400 and had to lose weight. He's clearly got a weight problem, but he's not a bum by just about any account other than a picture of him with his shirt off.

Don't be surprised if the Bills switch to a 3-4 defense this year if the Bills trade down and take Dan Williams from Tennessee....He is a much more cut 325 and is more then capable of filling the NG role in a 3-4. His stock will definetely rise as time goes on.

I agree. It would very tough to pass on him in the 2nd. He apparently came into Alabama at over 400 and had to lose weight. He's clearly got a weight problem, but he's not a bum by just about any account other than a picture of him with his shirt off.

Especially for a legit athletic big man. I'ts more than possible to flux your weight from cycling months of hard physical activity poorly. Here's to the new S&C Coach.

Do you really think someone who plays at 350 is going to feel a 20lb difference? There is also something else called "program" weight. College players are always listed taller/lighter/heavier than they actuallly are. Again, look at the 3-4 NT's, they are all enormously fat. They are 2 gap tackles who have to hold up agaisnt consistent double teams by two 300+ O lineman!

Jeff Wright looked great with his shirt off but couldn't bring down a 200lb back let alone take on a double team.