Bills Now Having Trouble Finding DC

box0life

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe that they hired Gailey without him having a Defensive Coordinator lined up. I don't see any real good quality DC's available which could be real problem next year.

Hmm --maybe chicken little was right. The sky is falling!

Hard to believe that they hired Gailey without him having a Defensive Coordinator lined up. I don't see any names I recognize therefore I have to assume there aren't any real good quality DC's available which means we're doomed next year. If he is struggling to find a DC (which I don't actually know but for the sake of LAMP I'm going to assume), this defense will probably regress next year.

Don't you go into an interview for head coach basically having a coaching staff lined up. How did Gailey win this coaching job without a staff picked out?

Jeff Quinn of the Bulls had a staff basically set within less than a week of being given the job.

Fixed that for you.

We know that Nix hates the T2 the colts run with the small players that get the crap kicked out of them, so I'm not worried about running that again.

I would be real happy to see the Bills scrap the Tampa 2 (although Fewells' unit was the only thing the kept the Bills competitive in any games over the last 4 years), but, doesn't it seem like we have a defensive roster that is littered with guys for that system? It seems like this is going to be a major rebuilding job, across the board... give 'em another 2 or 3 years! :P

Here's a name for you that I'd love to see.

Pepper Johnson.

He's most likely the front runner for the Pats* DC job, but they haven't given him that title thus far, but as they say, if you snooze, you lose.

I'm going to give this new staff a chance. When everyone bashed the Nix hire, I thought it could be good - I liked what our draft looked like last year, his first on the job, and his resume is good. If he wanted Gailey and if Cowher suggested him as his replacement, then I'm good with him, too (and, I liked how he sounded in his press conference). Now, I've wondered about how long it is taking to line up coordinators and coaches - but, I'm going to believe they're waiting for the guys they want, or, will assemble a cast of coaches who will teach the system in a unified way. Frankly, it's football, not rocket science. I've always hated how the Bills grabbed at other peoples cast offs in the past, and how they jumped into schemes (tampa 2) that were heading for decline, instead of being the innovators. So, I'm hoping we'll have an innovative coaching staff, and I'll wait until they put a team together before I get too worried.

I'm excited about F.A. and the draft this year...

New coaches do not generally have their staffs lined up before they are hired. The only way that they could possibly

do that would be to have lined up other unemployed assistants. They can't legally contact coaches on other staffs and.

even if they could, who would quit a secured job to join the staff of some head coach who didn't have a job at that

point?

That's just plain not true... The bills can't contact anyone but me, you, bill cowher or anyone not employed by an NFL team can call up a friend and say "hey, if I get this job, can I count on you to be there with me?" it's not only legal, but commonplace.

How would the NFL regulate what gailey did prior to getting the job?

The fact that someone isn't on board yet likely means one of three things--

1) someone was lined up but took a different job rather then wait on chans hire, or had a change of heart during the few week process.

2) waiting on an assistant coach on a playoff team.

3) buffalo made a terrible mistake and hired a man with no real plan.

Hedge our bet, bring in Jim Mora Jr. NOW! That way, when Gailey flames out, and he WILL flame out.......we will have a viable interim HC waiting in the wings. Then, when the season ends 3-4 years from now, he can get a courtesy interview and we can start this whooooooooooooooooole process over again.

Easy, simply: Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

Hard to believe that they hired Gailey without him having a Defensive Coordinator lined up. I don't see any real good quality DC's available which could be real problem next year. If he is struggling to find a DC, this defense will probably regress next year.

Don't you go into an interview for head coach basically having a coaching staff lined up. How did Gailey win this coaching job without a staff picked out?

Jeff Quinn of the Bulls had a staff basically set within less than a week of being given the job.

so because they havent hired anyone yet means they are having trouble finding one?