Leslie Frazier could have been a good coach

bluv

If the Bills had waited, Frazier would have been a much better sale than Gailey (Chan could have been the O-coordinator no problem though!)

Yes. Another completely inexplicable move by the Bills, from way out in left field.

Bills 2010 - 5-11.

If the Bills had waited, Frazier would have been a much better sale than Gailey (Chan could have been the O-coordinator no problem though!)

Better sale?

We won't know what kind of a HC he will be until he actually becomes one.

His defense was quite good. I thought they contained Brees, for the most part.

Frazier looks alot like Jauron minus playmakers on defense.

If it wasn't for turnovers the Saints wouldn't have scored but 2 TD's! He had his team ready. Overall, no matter what, he would have been a better sale at head coach than Gailey; especially after this game!

Better sale?

We won't know what kind of a HC he will be until he actually becomes one.

His defense was quite good. I thought they contained Brees, for the most part.

Who knows; Gailey might be a hit as well. But while they wanted a coach with previous head coaching experience, Gailey is not what most had in mind! While I am not anti-Gailey and will give him a chance, Frazier would have been a much better sale and we could have hired a good offensive coordinator (I could have settled for Gailey). We will see in 2010.

If it wasn't for turnovers the Saints wouldn't have scored but 2 TD's! He had his team ready. Overall, no matter what, he would have been a better sale at head coach than Gailey; especially after this game!

By "better sale" do you mean better PR choice and/or more fan-appreciated choice? I'm sure optics figured into the discussion after this season's disappointments, I am definitely not sure that the fan choice is unequivocally the best football choice.

Frazier may yet be a great coach, but I'm less certain he would have been the right coach for this team. He would have been coming into his first shot as the #1 person responsible for gameday decisions. He would have had to oversee an offense for the first time, even if he had a hands-off approach and left things to a notable coordinator like Saunders. (If this had been the case, would the offense have been in better hands with Saunders than with Gailey?) The offense has needed fixing for years and the Bills brought in an experienced hand and a guy who has done more with less.

Defensively, I will be happy to see us abandon the Tampa 2, and preferably move towards a hybrid D that will adjust to opponents' strengths and weaknesses. I'm not sure we'd have seen that with Frazier, and I definitely don't think we've got the personnel to make the Tampa 2 a success in the world of outdoor, cold-weather football.

Gailey's got a winning record at all levels and two playoff appearances in two years at HC in the NFL. I'm going to give Gailey a shot, and unless you've got Tuesday's Mega Millions numbers, I don't think either one of us can say who will be a more successful head coach.

The Bills could've had both Frazier and Gailey. That's what kills me.

EXACTLY! If Chan is great enough to be a head coach that can rescue the Bills then having a D coordinator such as Frazier (or I'd kept Fewell!) would have given us a btter combo but time will tell. I'm not bashing Chan (I'm willing to give him a chance!) as much as I think we could have gotten more bang for the buck. Its like picking a player in the 1st round that you could have had gotten in the 2nd or 3rd!

Prove it. There's nothing to suggest that Gailey was necessarily looking for another OC job. Maybe he was, but no reports indicated he was eagerly interviewing for those positions.

I can't prove it. But don't you think the Bills could've hired Frazier to be HC and Gailey as OC? Gailey clearly was looking for work and with Buffalo being the only coahing opening, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think he could've been brought on board to be OC. He's calling his own plays anyways and he's always been thought of as a good OC but a poor HC. Makes sense, no?

By "better sale" do you mean better PR choice and/or more fan-appreciated choice? I'm sure optics figured into the discussion after this season's disappointments, I am definitely not sure that the fan choice is unequivocally the best football choice.

Frazier may yet be a great coach, but I'm less certain he would have been the right coach for this team. He would have been coming into his first shot as the #1 person responsible for gameday decisions. He would have had to oversee an offense for the first time, even if he had a hands-off approach and left things to a notable coordinator like Saunders. (If this had been the case, would the offense have been in better hands with Saunders than with Gailey?) The offense has needed fixing for years and the Bills brought in an experienced hand and a guy who has done more with less.

Defensively, I will be happy to see us abandon the Tampa 2, and preferably move towards a hybrid D that will adjust to opponents' strengths and weaknesses. I'm not sure we'd have seen that with Frazier, and I definitely don't think we've got the personnel to make the Tampa 2 a success in the world of outdoor, cold-weather football.

Gailey's got a winning record at all levels and two playoff appearances in two years at HC in the NFL. I'm going to give Gailey a shot, and unless you've got Tuesday's Mega Millions numbers, I don't think either one of us can say who will be a more successful head coach.

I'm willing to give Gailey a shot but please don't drink One Bills Drive kool aid and try to sale this hire to me as being a great one! Its like trying to sell Kyle Orton to me as being the answer to the Bills woes at QB: It might work out, I'd give him a try but it definitely is not a great move by any means more than it is a reach that you hope works out!

I'm willing to give Gailey a shot but please don't drink One Bills Drive kool aid and try to sale this hire to me as being a great one! Its like trying to sell Kyle Orton to me as being the answer to the Bills woes at QB: It might work out, I'd give him a try but it definitely is not a great move by any means more than it is a reach that you hope works out!

Did I say "great" in reference to Gailey anywhere in my post? Please point it out to me and I'll delete it.

BTW just because Orton is not an answer to their woes doesn't mean he's not better than any QB the Bills have :censored:

Fraser's team lost, he sucks. Am I right? :wallbash:

You would suck too when you have Bret at 40 throwing across his body & doing the same stupid stuff he did all of his career. Adrian fumbling over and over . I am surprised that Frasier keep them in the game to win that.....Damn his defense was tough. To Bad, Farve killed them, I can imagine the moans by the Viking fans when there is only 12 seconds left and Bret tries to be Superman instead of throwing the ball away :censored: ......................Nice Job Frazier

Did I say "great" in reference to Gailey anywhere in my post? Please point it out to me and I'll delete it.

BTW just because Orton is not an answer to their woes doesn't mean he's not better than any QB the Bills have :censored:

OK you didn't say great; does that make you happy? You were however trying to sell Gailey accolades like this is was a good hire. It might prove to be but from the oneset it is about as good as Jauron's hire: hiring a retread coach who has had little success; a least give Fraizer a chance to fail - as a head coach! I as many would be more willing to give a rookie coach or QB more slack than a proven retread - at losing! Bottom line: I'll give Gailey a chance and we'll see in 2010 but if we had not rushed we probably could have gotten a better option.

OK you didn't say great; does that make you happy? You were however trying to sell Gailey accolades like this is was a good hire. It might prove to be but from the oneset it is about as good as Jauron's hire: hiring a retread coach who has had little success; a least give Fraizer a chance to fail - as a head coach! I as many would be more willing to give a rookie coach or QB more slack than a proven retread - at losing! Bottom line: I'll give Gailey a chance and we'll see in 2010 but if we had not rushed we probably could have gotten a better option.

Gailey "has had little success" and is "a proven retread - at losing?" While Frazier inherited a great defense from Mike Tomlin and is thus a great prospect?

Nix told everyone that he wanted an experienced head coach, likely because a young team like the Bills needs one, as Felser said. Hiring Frazier would have gone against that.

Whats the difference between a co-ordinator with no HC experience and Gailey? Gailey may not have had a bunch of long tenured HC jobs in the NFL, but he has made the playoffs in almost every season he coached. Its not like he has a huge list of coaching blunders and failures

Whats the difference between a co-ordinator with no HC experience and Gailey? Gailey may not have had a bunch of long tenured HC jobs in the NFL, but he has made the playoffs in almost every season he coached. Its not like he has a huge list of coaching blunders and failures

He is not DJ, that is true.

It is still a disappointing hire for me and many others.

Compounded by the OC he has chosen.

We have no choice, let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Not so, friend-o.

I simply said he's got more of a record to judge at the HC position than does Frazier, and that the Bills can't really afford a wild card right now.

By the way, which aspects of Gailey's record do you confuse for Jauron's? Is it his 8 winning seasons as a college head coach, compared to Jauron's zero? Is it Chan's having gone 2-for-2 seasons of .500 or better as an NFL HC, compared to Jauron's 1-for-5 prior to joining the Bills? His two trips to the playoffs in two chances versus Jauron's one in five with the Bears, one in 8+ for his career? Is it the four Super Bowl staffs that Chan has been a part of (Jauron has been to zero)?

I'm not singing Chan's praises. He wasn't my choice. But he wasn't the worst choice, he may be the right choice, and he certainly deserves some time before being called another Jauron. His winning record in the NFL and two trips to the playoffs should be enough to earn him a little benefit of the doubt. My only point here was to question your own: that Frazier was hands down a better choice for the Bills at this time.

Yes. Another completely inexplicable move by the Bills, from way out in left field.

Bills 2010 - 5-11.

knew you couldn't wait to put your significantly negative two cents in - what a waste of a reply - take a happy pill or something - i mean it is really old - or perhaps YOU have not got that yet?

Is it Chan's having gone 2-for-2 seasons of .500 or better as an NFL HC, compared to Jauron's 1-for-5 prior to joining the Bills? His two trips to the playoffs in two chances versus Jauron's one in five with the Bears, one in 8+ for his career?

Chan wasn't my choice. I think it could work out well. We also need to score some better players in the draft and FA and a good staff. The OC does worry me a little. But as far as 2 winning season and 2 playoff trips goes, it is a fact. However his first year he took over a team that WON the Super Bowl the year before. His second season they went to the playoffs at 8-8. How often does that happen?

That said, I'm on the Gailey band wagon until proven unworthy. I did the same with Dick. The Cleveland MNF debacle was what got me officailly off his band wagon.

Chan wasn't my choice. I think it could work out well. We also need to score some better players in the draft and FA and a good staff. The OC does worry me a little. But as far as 2 winning season and 2 playoff trips goes, it is a fact. However his first year he took over a team that WON the Super Bowl the year before. His second season they went to the playoffs at 8-8. How often does that happen?

That said, I'm on the Gailey band wagon until proven unworthy. I did the same with Dick. The Cleveland MNF debacle was what got me officailly off his band wagon.

Absolutely noted about the 8-8 playoff trip. But if 8-8 is the worst he did with declining resources (the aging "triplets," etc), I think it's safe to say that the guy's worst results were better than Jauron's. Chan also strikes me as a guy who learns from his mistakes. We'll see if this is true. At the very least, this should point to more hope than we're seeing around these parts.

Absolutely noted about the 8-8 playoff trip. But if 8-8 is the worst he did with declining resources (the aging "triplets," etc), I think it's safe to say that the guy's worst results were better than Jauron's. Chan also strikes me as a guy who learns from his mistakes. We'll see if this is true. At the very least, this should point to more hope than we're seeing around these parts.

His GT teams didn't exactly instill fear in anybody. Although Calvin Johnson did.

I'll give him a chance, (because I have to).

I can't prove it. But don't you think the Bills could've hired Frazier to be HC and Gailey as OC? Gailey clearly was looking for work and with Buffalo being the only coahing opening, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think he could've been brought on board to be OC. He's calling his own plays anyways and he's always been thought of as a good OC but a poor HC. Makes sense, no?

So you want to hire Frazier and force a OC on him?

Did you ever think that Frazier would want to bring in his own guy? He may not even know Chan. :wallbash;

NO WAY. Think about it. He got out coached by Gregg Williams.

Huh? First of all, Williams is a really good DC. Secondly, DCs don't coach against each other. 3rd, the Saints got held to 257 yards and the Vikes win that game if they can hold onto the ball.

Frazier, IMO, is going to a very good head coach in this league.

It's a moot point now. Gailey is our man and it's time to get used to it. I hope the bigger issue of identifying and acquiring talented football players can get rolling successfully.

/

Huh? First of all, Williams is a really good DC. Secondly, DCs don't coach against each other. 3rd, the Saints got held to 257 yards and the Vikes win that game if they can hold onto the ball.

Frazier, IMO, is going to a very good head coach in this league.

Well, Gregg Williams defense held thier opponent to fewer points than did Leslies. Don't you think the problem with the Vikes holding onto the ball was because the Saints guys were better coached to knock the ball out?

Leslie may be good someday. Just for grins, why do think he will be a good HC? Because everyone says he will be? Remember, everyone said Ryan Leaf was going to be a good NFL QB.

what did u see that was so special about him? he looks like another emotionless zombie coach who gets pimped to be the next hot guy because of some unknown reason.

Absolutely wrong on this point. If Frazier was head coach HE would have selected the OC. Maybe he knows nothing about CG. Only if he were comfortable with him would he have been selected. Defensve guys tend to be on the conservetive side, (see DJ) so often choose OC's along those lines. Maybe would have happened, but there'salot of guys out there Frazier could have picked from.

I can't prove it. But don't you think the Bills could've hired Frazier to be HC and Gailey as OC?

He is not DJ, that is true.

It is still a disappointing hire for me and many others.

Compounded by the OC he has chosen.

We have no choice, let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think lost in all of this was this fact Frazier was a top contender for Bills Job until e tried to play that run around with Seattle and promised he could deliver Dungy to them if they Hired Frazier, that is when Bills Backed off, and I do not blame them.

I think lost in all of this was this fact Frazier was a top contender for Bills Job until e tried to play that run around with Seattle and promised he could deliver Dungy to them if they Hired Frazier, that is when Bills Backed off, and I do not blame them.

Exactly. Newsflash to Leslie Frazier fans. That is a really big clue that he didn't want the Bills job.

But you Frazier fans amazingly still wish for a guy in his 50s who's never been a head coach and who should have been begging for the Bills head coaching job, but instead decided to insult the Bills with his flowery bouquet of overtures to Seattle. A job even he should have been smart enough to know he had no shot to get, zero chance.

Plus, what kind of a guy thinks that promoting the "Dungy" name is better than promoting your own qualifications for the job? That's like saying that I'll have my daddy there to help me through the rough spots. I am so glad that Leslie Frazier didn't want the Bills job so that they weren't tempted to hire a guy that wasn't thrilled with his first shot at a life long dream because it was the Buffalo job. Screw him. I hope Favre retires, the Vikings are horrible and Leslie Frazier is s__t out of luck and never gets offered a head coaching job ever again.

Exactly. Newsflash to Leslie Frazier fans. That is a really big clue that he didn't want the Bills job.

But you Frazier fans amazingly still wish for a guy in his 50s who's never been a head coach and who should have been begging for the Bills head coaching job, but instead decided to insult the Bills with his flowery bouquet of overtures to Seattle. A job even he should have been smart enough to know he had no shot to get, zero chance.

Plus, what kind of a guy thinks that promoting the "Dungy" name is better than promoting your own qualifications for the job? That's like saying that I'll have my daddy there to help me through the rough spots. I am so glad that Leslie Frazier didn't want the Bills job so that they weren't tempted to hire a guy that wasn't thrilled with his first shot at a life long dream because it was the Buffalo job. Screw him. I hope Favre retires, the Vikings are horrible and Leslie Frazier is s__t out of luck and never gets offered a head coaching job ever again.

I don't wish that so much on Frazier as I do on Brian Shottenheimer and Russ Grimm.