Trent on the final four playoff teams

Heat89

If Trent Edwards was the starting QB for the Colts, Saints, Vikes, or Jets do you think the teams would be where they are now?

Some people think he did not get a fair shake due to the lack of talent he has to work with so if you threw him into good teams would he also turn out to be good?

I feel the only team that would be here with him would be the Jets since Sanchise really did not have a good year at all the team as carried by the rush and D. Just killing time waiting for the games on Sunday.

If Trent Edwards was the starting QB for the Colts, Saints, Vikes, or Jets do you think the teams would be where they are now?

Some people think he did not get a fair shake due to the lack of talent he has to work with so if you threw him into good teams would he also turn out to be good?

I feel the only team that would be here with him would be the Jets since Sanchise really did not have a good year at all the team as carried by the rush and D. Just killing time waiting for the games on Sunday.

I agree, if he was on the Jets, they would be just as good. He is as good as Sanchez, when healthy. (EDIT: He may not be AS good as Sanchez, but Edwards could do what the Jets ask Sanchez to do. (12-15, 100 yds, 0 turnovers)

Trent Edwards just does not have the arm for the deep threat, which is the home-run for the Colts, Vikings and Saints. His arm does not compare to Manning, Favre or Brees. 2 out of those 3, and some could argue Brees, are tops to ever play the game. THEY are THE reason why their teams are where they are.

Maybe with the jets. Not a chance with the others.

At least Sanchez shows some passion. He even stands on the sidelines to urge his team on, Trent on the other hand...

Trent only gets excited if there's a new Dakota Fanning movie coming out.

this might be the dumbest question yet but yet i respond to it-

Colts- are 5-11 with trent

Jets are 7-9 with trent

Saints are 7-9 with trent

Vikings are 6-10 with trent

bills are ?? and he's outta the league

This is probably pretty close but I don't think the Colts win 5 and the Vikes definitely don't win more than 3 or 4. The Saints would be 2-14 and the Jets would probably be in the same boat as the Vikes,

Colts: 4-12

Jets: 5-11

Saints: 2-14

Vikings: 4-12

No. The guy just doesn't have it in the NFL and I wish the Trent lovers would give it up already

this might be the dumbest question yet but yet i respond to it-

Colts- are 5-11 with trent

Jets are 7-9 with trent

Saints are 7-9 with trent

Vikings are 6-10 with trent

bills are ?? and he's outta the league

Sanchez sucks worse than Trent...Jets would likely have won the division with Trent

I agree, if he was on the Jets, they would be just as good. He is as good as Sanchez, when healthy. (EDIT: He may not be AS good as Sanchez, but Edwards could do what the Jets ask Sanchez to do. (12-15, 100 yds, 0 turnovers)

Trent Edwards just does not have the arm for the deep threat, which is the home-run for the Colts, Vikings and Saints. His arm does not compare to Manning, Favre or Brees. 2 out of those 3, and some could argue Brees, are tops to ever play the game. THEY are THE reason why their teams are where they are.

Trent's arm is not as good as Farve's, Manning's or Brees, but it is more than adequate. Which I can't say for the talent level on our team. I would like to have seen those 4 QB's in the NFL when it was 28 teams. Farve showed his greatness just after that era ended and I think he could have been a great QB in it. Manning might have been a better QB in that era, but with lesser stats. Brees probably would have been above average and Sanchez would have been below average or a backup

The talent pool has been horribly watered down.

Trent's arm is not as good as Farve's, Manning's or Brees, but it is more than adequate. Which I can't say for the talent level on our team. I would like to have seen those 4 QB's in the NFL when it was 28 teams. Farve showed his greatness just after that era ended and I think he could have been a great QB in it. Manning might have been a better QB in that era, but with lesser stats. Brees probably would have been above average and Sanchez would have been below average or a backup

The talent pool has been horribly watered down.

I agree, the Jets are winning IN SPITE of Sanchez, not because of him....

This is probably pretty close but I don't think the Colts win 5 and the Vikes definitely don't win more than 3 or 4. The Saints would be 2-14 and the Jets would probably be in the same boat as the Vikes,

Colts: 4-12

Jets: 5-11

Saints: 2-14

Vikings: 4-12

Do any of these teams get Fitzpatrick as a backup? :beer: The Bills have Trent and they won 6 games.

Neither Manning nor Brees have cannons for arms. Put Edwards in a dome, and he can make all of the throws too.

Neither Manning nor Brees have cannons for arms. Put Edwards in a dome, and he can make all of the throws too.

Give Trent an offensive line, a running game and a defense and he can win at a high level. Although the thought-numbed talk radio crowd thinks its all on the QB. I love people like that! Can't think for themselves, so they listen to Colin Coward, Jim Rom and WGR 5.5

Taking the bull by the horns...

If Trent was the QB of any of the Colts, Jets, Saints, or Vikings....Would they be as bad as the Bills were in 2009?

no not nearly as bad as the bills were, but all but maybe the Jets do not make it to the conference games.

lets take the team away and trent v. individual

I see trent as 0-3-1 against those four guys. Tie with Sanchez

Sanchez sucks worse than Trent...Jets would likely have won the division with Trent

I can't stand the Jets and am very happy that they lost, but I can't go that far, the Jets miss the playoffs with Edwards. Sanchez is better then Edwards at this point in his career and will be a very good QB in the future. As much as I hate to admit it, he is talented and will only get better.

You are basically asking if Trent is as good as Favre, Manning or Brees. Well the answer there is obvious. But I think they would all still be competitive playoff teams with Trent behind the helm.