What will the "Big Move" be this offseason to sell tickets?

billsfreak

Last season when season ticket sales were low, they brought in T.O. and it pretty much took care of that issue, and 2009 became one of the better ticket sales years ever. With the fanbase in such a disappointing position when it comes to the Bills now, it seems almost a must for Ralph and the boys in the FO to make some type of move to help sell tickets, as the recent coach hiring won't do it. I am not saying that it is what I want, but if I had to guess one big name that they will bring in this year to sell tickets, I would guess Michael Vick. Gailey has a history of working with athletic type quarterbacks, vice immobile pocket passers. Other possibilites might be Calvin Johnson (whom I believe Gailey recruited at Georgia Tech), Brandon Marshall, or maybe LT? What are some other guesses of who they might bring in to make a splash this off season?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how people latch onto one thing and assume this is the norm. If the Bills were really worried about ticket sales they probably wouldn't have hired Chan Gailey as coach. It's obvious to me that we actually have a football mind running the show now. Buddy Nix knows that ticket sales come with winning.

I love how people latch onto one thing and assume this is the norm. If the Bills were really worried about ticket sales they probably wouldn't have hired Chan Gailey as coach. It's obvious to me that we actually have a football mind running the show now. Buddy Nix knows that ticket sales come with winning.

What?! You don't think the Gailey hire qualifies?! :ph34r:

:wallbash:

Based upon statements made by Nix I don't expect a big splash FA signing/trade. Brandon might like it but Nix has said he wants mid to low tier free agents.

how do you think they can get Calvin Johnson?? is a free agent?? Detroit wont let him go, right??

Wasn't really the point of the post but check out this story from 19 August 2009-at that time it was the 3rd highest in team history. Not sure what it ended up at.

Ticket Sales

They did "technically" sell out every game if I remember correctly.

Its amazing but that Colts game was the only one that was ever really in serious danger of not being a sell-out and that game ended up being the most fun of all of them.

rolando mcclain and bryan bulaga in the draft

Last season when season ticket sales were low, they brought in T.O. and it pretty much took care of that issue, and 2009 became one of the better ticket sales years ever. With the fanbase in such a disappointing position when it comes to the Bills now, it seems almost a must for Ralph and the boys in the FO to make some type of move to help sell tickets, as the recent coach hiring won't do it. I am not saying that it is what I want, but if I had to guess one big name that they will bring in this year to sell tickets, I would guess Michael Vick. Gailey has a history of working with athletic type quarterbacks, vice immobile pocket passers. Other possibilites might be Calvin Johnson (whom I believe Gailey recruited at Georgia Tech), Brandon Marshall, or maybe LT? What are some other guesses of who they might bring in to make a splash this off season?