What will the "Big Move" be this offseason to sell tickets?

billsfreak

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i asked somewhere else, not sure if it was answered, but do the bills have the available resources to stay at 9...move back to the early/mid 1st to get bulaga? is that even possible? Marshawn + 2nd Round pick and later round pick? is that something that would get us at pick 15-17(and will Bulaga be there at 15-17)? from there then you set your sights on the CMU QB in 3rd and Arthur Jones in 4 or 5, again, if he is available

i dont know who would make that trade with us, but i would be fine with doing that as long as we could somehow get McClain at number 9...but i can assure you arthur jones wont be around in rounds 4 or 5, even thinking hes there in the third is wishful thinking

If I was in charge and wanted to sell tickets, I would:

Trade for Donovan McNabb(QB)- Solves the QB problem right away.

Sign Marcus McNeill(OT)- Address the NEED at LT and helps lure in McNabb

Sign Shawne Merriman(OLB)- I see the team going to a 3-4. Merriman's played in the system and was drafted by Nix.

Draft Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen(QB)- Let either of them sit behind McNabb and get a few series throughout the year.

Drafting Tim Tebow as a franchise QB would make this franchise the laughing stock of hte league once again.Uninformed fans might get excited for about 10 minutes until the universal scorn and ridicule begins to descend from every corner of the planet.

Once again? As far as I knew we still and already are!

They are going to make a few mid level free agent signing on the front 7 (Derrick Johnson and Jason Ferguson types) to help out the run D. Then they are going to draft a QB like Jimmy Clausen in round 1 and trade back up into round 1 and take a LT. Honestly that would be a very good offseason, but we would need Clausen to fall to pick 9 which I don't see happening.

So a 1st round QB and a late 1st round LT and some mid level guys in Free agency to help the D is the big marketing push a holistic improvement to the team.

In the past, the Bills trying to sign a "mid-level" FA has ended terribly. The only one I can think of who has done well is Florence this season. With Guy gone and Nix in charge that may change. Derrick Johnson would be a great mid level addition at OLB.

But my dark horse for "big splash FA is one of two guys....

Seymour

Wilfork.

- If we go 3-4 Wilfork will come in I think, Seymour could either way.

- Dont forget that a lot of the names being thrown around, ie McNiel, wont be a FA with the CBA expiring.

In the past, the Bills trying to sign a "mid-level" FA has ended terribly. The only one I can think of who has done well is Florence this season. With Guy gone and Nix in charge that may change. Derrick Johnson would be a great mid level addition at OLB.

But my dark horse for "big splash FA is one of two guys....

Seymour

Wilfork.

- If we go 3-4 Wilfork will come in I think, Seymour could either way.

- Dont forget that a lot of the names being thrown around, ie McNiel, wont be a FA with the CBA expiring.

Vick