The wrong Guy has been let go......

wil1226

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Buffalo Bills waited until the local news was off the air and the early editions of Thursday's newspaper had been put to bed before sending out a two-sentence press release at 11:37pm to announce they have fired vice president of pro personnel John Guy".

interesting that Tim Graham starts the story pointing out that the local media missed out .......yet Murphy led off the 11pm news with it.......and this thread started at 10:15pm.

HERE'S THE BUFFALO NEWS ARTICLE: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/929637.html

Tim wouldn't have seen Murph's sportscast (at 11:25, not 11:00), because he's in New Jersey covering the Jets. His timeline is correct on the press release.

Tim wouldn't have seen Murph's sportscast (at 11:25, not 11:00), because he's in New Jersey covering the Jets. His timeline is correct on the press release.

we all love Tim Graham and appreciate his contributions to this forum..

i'm confusing the point i was trying to make......let me take another stab at it....... this is much less about the exact time line and more about the shot he took at the bills for releasing the info so late, after the local late night TV news and buffalo news deadlines to include in early editions of their newspaper.

(PRO/Nuetral -bills) he could have simply said "Bills announced late wednesday night" (like most sources did).

(ANTI-bills) instead he comes out swinging by taking a shot at the bills by saying "The Buffalo Bills waited until the local news was off the air and the early editions of Thursday's newspaper had been put to bed before sending out a two-sentence press release at 11:37pm to announce they have fired vice president of pro personnel John Guy".

now, some folks will say, he's just doing his job, by pointing out that is an unusual time to release an important announcement (like PFT is doing). he initially released the anti-bills version......then later shortened it to what i call the pro-bill version. it just makes me wonder if he is pro, anti or nuetral towards the bills.

Now Overdorf is the guy who "has to go".

I love Bills fans...they allllways gotta have petty hatred for SOMEONE, right?

I swear, the Bills could literally fire EVERYONE, and there would be window-lickers calling WGR and posting thinks like:

"Ya know...that cleaning lady who empties the pails in the Fieldhouse bathrooms, shes gotta be fired NOW!!!!!!!"

I swear, the Bills could literally fire EVERYONE, and there would be window-lickers calling WGR and posting thinks like:

"Ya know...that cleaning lady who empties the pails in the Fieldhouse bathrooms, shes gotta be fired NOW!!!!!!!"

If you align the stars to gauge some of the perplexing personnel moves in the last couple of years, they lead to an office door that doesn't have "Guy" on the nameplate.

Yeah ya got to love Bills fans who after 10 years of no playoffs and barely anything to cheer for want everyone fired. :devil:

Guy was the right guy to see his way out. It just so happens that there are a few guys that need to see their way in (a coaching and training staff full of guys would be a start) and a few more guys that might see pink slips in their mailboxes soon.

LOL Overdorf works with the agents of players. He figures out the money and CAP. He has nothing to do with scouting.

Exactly. That must have been Guy or a family member of his posting. The guy is worthless in evaluating and finding FA's worth a damn. Epic Fail more often than not.

we all love Tim Graham and appreciate his contributions to this forum..

i'm confusing the point i was trying to make......let me take another stab at it....... this is much less about the exact time line and more about the shot he took at the bills for releasing the info so late, after the local late night TV news and buffalo news deadlines to include in early editions of their newspaper.

(PRO/Nuetral -bills) he could have simply said "Bills announced late wednesday night" (like most sources did).

(ANTI-bills) instead he comes out swinging by taking a shot at the bills by saying "The Buffalo Bills waited until the local news was off the air and the early editions of Thursday's newspaper had been put to bed before sending out a two-sentence press release at 11:37pm to announce they have fired vice president of pro personnel John Guy".

now, some folks will say, he's just doing his job, by pointing out that is an unusual time to release an important announcement (like PFT is doing). he initially released the anti-bills version......then later shortened it to what i call the pro-bill version. it just makes me wonder if he is pro, anti or nuetral towards the bills.

Obviously Ralph forgot that Michigan and NY are in the same time zone so there is no hour difference. He meant to have it released at 10:37pm. :devil:

[/b]

Yeah ya got to love Bills fans who after 10 years of no playoffs and barely anything to cheer for want everyone fired. :devil:

Actually, what Im talking about started with Ted Marchibroda.

Bills sucked when he was on the sidelines, didnt they?

Exactly. That must have been Guy or a family member of his posting. The guy is worthless in evaluating and finding FA's worth a damn. Epic Fail more often than not.

Why do you think that guys come to Buffalo (e.g., Ryan Pickett, L. Coles) for meetings and leave without a contract? It's not because of Guy, that's for sure.