Tebow Commercial Airing During Super Bowl

Why would I care what your perception of the difference is?

If you were in search of the truth, you'd be able to recognize it when it smacks you upside your block head.

I'm not at all angry "at" anyone. I simply have the ability to recognize the hypocrisy of organized religion and the resulting ridiculous persecution complex that people like you hide behind like some badge of honor. Quick, give some more of your money, I'm sure there's some edifice that needs to be constructed.

I took a poll.

The only thing you have is insults. Of course there is hypocrisy in religion, human beings are involved. I'm sure you'll agree that there is hypocrisy in everything we are involved in. Just because human beings have embarrassed God doesn't mean he isn't true.

I'll leave it at that. Good debate though, I always enjoy it. Not the arguing or insulting part, which I know I do too. But I try to at least learn something from other people.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't put words in mouth because your ignorant. I'm saying he allows these things to happen. ...

God works the same exact way. He cannot bless America and Haiti exactly the same. We are (or were) a Christian nation, god blessed us, Haiti isn't they aren't as blessed.

You understand that natural disasters happen in the US, and to Christians, right?

But, let's go with this anyway; don't want to put words in your mouth. So... your God "allows" children to starve because years and years ago their ancestors decided to believe in something other than Christ?

Which church to you go to, again?

That ad was so....nothing. If it didnt say "choose life" at the end, you wouldnt even know what it was advocating, which seems to NOT be to outlaw abortion, but if you have to make a choice, to "choose life."

What a terrible, sexist, racist, homophobic, intolerant message THAT is. :thumbsup:

That ad was so....nothing. If it didnt say "choose life" at the end, you wouldnt even know what it was advocating, which seems to NOT be to outlaw abortion, but if you have to make a choice, to "choose life."

What a terrible, sexist, racist, homophobic, intolerant message THAT is. :thumbsup:

Typical Americana. Get all whiny about something before you even see it. I'd have been more concerned about the message of him form tackling his mother.

I suspect this was part of their marketing plan. It's kind of like when the first ACORN video came out; ACORN immediately came out and made comments along the lines of "Oh, this is an isolated incident and we'll look into it," but they had egg on their face as their comments were followed by another video and another, etc. Breitbart said he knew ACORN would react as they did, which was why he released them individually. Conversely, the people doing this ad knew others would create a fuss, and they did...hitting the airewaves, and even leading to Planned Parenthood doing an ad against the Tebow ad. They look pretty freaking stupid today, not because of their message, but because they were so quick to go on the offensive before they knew what they were going on the offensive about.

Wouldn't be surprised if they set the whole thing up because they KNEW the abortion crowd would go batchit looeny.

Typical Americana. Get all whiny about something before you even see it. I'd have been more concerned about the message of him form tackling his mother.

:thumbsup: ya, I saw that...odd commercial.

Oh, and by the way, best commercial was the Doritos ad with the kid that B word-slaps the dude who ogles his mom.

Kinda funny, isn't it? Hell, I didn't even know it was the commercial all the hoopla was about until I actually saw Tim Tebow.

What a terrible, sexist, racist, homophobic, intolerant message THAT is. :unsure:

I heard about the hoopla in headlines leading up to the ad and when it came up, I expected so much more. That ad was much ado about nothing. I had to replay it to see if I missed something.

I thought it was the dog with the bark collar. I LMAO on that one.

That one was definitely the best.

I heard about the hoopla in headlines leading up to the ad and when it came up, I expected so much more. That ad was much ado about nothing. I had to replay it to see if I missed something.

Yeah, hard to see what was "offensive" about the ad. Although Tebow tackling his mother was rather bizarre.

That one was definitely the best.

See, I thought the Snickers commercial was the best one. Any time you can weave Betty White and Abe Vigoda into a commercial, it's funny right away, but it cracked me up when the guy says "Man, you're moving like Betty White out there and she responds with "That's not what your girlfriend told me."

Reminded me a little of her role in "Lake Pacid." She was hysterical in that flick.

See, I thought the Snickers commercial was the best one. Any time you can weave Betty White and Abe Vigoda into a commercial, it's funny right away, but it cracked me up when the guy says "Man, you're moving like Betty White out there and she responds with "That's not what your girlfriend told me."

Reminded me a little of her role in "Lake Pacid." She was hysterical in that flick.

That one was funny, but the creepiness factor knocked it down a notch.

And who knew Abe Vigoda was still alive?

Well, since the Tebow ad left some critics with egg on their face, it stands to reason that the thing to do is to clam up and move on, right?

Wrong.

President of NOW says the ad promoted voilence against women because he tackled him mom. How come they're not upset with Snickers? NO ONE tackles Betty White and gets away with it. No one, dammit! :unsure:

That was funny, especially when Vigoda reared his ugly mug at the end. I probably liked the dog one the best because I love dogs. That had a little perverse "get some of that Michael Vick" spirit to it.