People quitting the Bills (Only)

mead107

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive disconnected enough emotionally where I don't really care anymore. I'm still a Bills fan and will cheer for them of course. Ive given up on the thought that they can win. Don't expect it and hopefully I'll be surprised one day. I guess I'm just a casual fan.

+1

As a die-hard since the 60's, I have to say that they have pretty much run me ragged. The hiring of any coach would not be enough for me to re-invest emotionally. The needs of this team goes so far beyond a coach that the flurry of messages about CG seems surreal. The coach does not play, and we are seriously lacking in any real talent on the field. If we get a QB and an OL, maybe I'll get more interested. For now, if they're on free TV in NC and I have nothing better to do, I'll watch and root. Otherwise, there's other things to do on Sundays in the fall, especially down here. I'd never root against them, but for now I'm just indifferent. In other words, enough talk. Let's see them make the playoffs and then take it from there.

Ive disconnected enough emotionally where I don't really care anymore. I'm still a Bills fan and want cheer for them of course. Ive given up on the thought that they can win. Don't expect it and hopefully I'll be surprised one day. I guess I'm just a casual fan.

Ive disconnected enough emotionally where I don't really care anymore. I'm still a Bills fan and want cheer for them of course. Ive given up on the thought that they can win. Don't expect it and hopefully I'll be surprised one day. I guess I'm just a casual fan.

+2

+1

As a die-hard since the 60's, I have to say that they have pretty much run me ragged. The hiring of any coach would not be enough for me to re-invest emotionally. The needs of this team goes so far beyond a coach that the flurry of messages about CG seems surreal. The coach does not play, and we are seriously lacking in any real talent on the field. If we get a QB and an OL, maybe I'll get more interested. For now, if they're on free TV in NC and I have nothing better to do, I'll watch and root. Otherwise, there's other things to do on Sundays in the fall, especially down here. I'd never root against them, but for now I'm just indifferent. In other words, enough talk. Let's see them make the playoffs and then take it from there.

I am a fan dating to the 60's aswell.....and, hard to believe...I have seen the situation a lot worse than it is now. I remember the 2-12 seasons....I remember the Dolphins coming to town and throwing 6 passes for the game....no need to throw more.......so as discouraging as it has been this past decade...7-9's or whatever, that jumping off point for a new administration is a lot better than the starting point for a 2-14 franchaise. Jauron was clearly flawed in his philsophy...lets hope the new guy(s) have a better head...and that they can assemble a good team of coaches to do the job. I think the Bills lost some talent on the coaching staff....interesting that the guys I thought were competent..April Kugler in particular were immediately snapped up by other good teams.(Phil and Pittsburg) And a little continuity never hurt a coaching staff...that is to avoid the most discouraging types of mistakes...the repeat mistake.....I wish the new crew well. I will still attend, perhaps not every game anymore, the cold hurts more than it used to.

I quit on the Bills once. Then they came back a won a game know as the greates comeback in the NFL or simply "The Comeback." I'll never make that mistake twice.

+1

I stay till the very end of every game I attend and watch every last minute of the away games on TV for this reason. I will be there when they finally turn it around. Who knows when that will be. I have hope. And another 10 years if I have to wait. It feels too good when they are winning.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This. And every single move they make re-inforces my emotional disconnect, starting with the Jauron hire 5 years ago. I cannot think of a single instance where they have done something really right since then, from DJ hire through Dockery through Lil Donte thru Losman thru McCargo thru Maybin and straight thru to Nix and Gailey hires.

A couple of lucky strikes, even the blind robin sometimes finds the worm, like signing Stroud and drafting Byrd (which if it wasn't for his unexpected stellar play was another blockhead move).

There is no choice, you have to stop listening at some point, or you go nuts.

This is the worst ever franchise and they have just re0inforced that again.

Go Sabres!

I love all this talk of "becoming emotionally disconnected" and not caring anymore and giving up on the team. The losing is part of being a fan. Sports is entertainment. Win or lose, we are still reading these threads and adding our own comments are we not? we still follow the Bills and know about the changes that take place dont we? If you dont care anymore than dont even visit this site or any other Bills-related site. But you wont do that. The Bills give us something to be both excited and upset about, but at least it gives us SOMETHING. i personally would much rather go through the emotional ups and downs of excitement and failure than have nothing to be emotional about at all.

GO BILLS

I love all this talk of "becoming emotionally disconnected" and not caring anymore and giving up on the team. The losing is part of being a fan. Sports is entertainment. Win or lose, we are still reading these threads and adding our own comments are we not? we still follow the Bills and know about the changes that take place dont we? If you dont care anymore than dont even visit this site or any other Bills-related site. But you wont do that. The Bills give us something to be both excited and upset about, but at least it gives us SOMETHING. i personally would much rather go through the emotional ups and downs of excitement and failure than have nothing to be emotional about at all.

GO BILLS

If only there WERE some emotional ups.