Virginia Senator Jim Webb on Mass and the Health Care Bill

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simple: Obama and the Democrats need to abandon health (insurance) care. Every day that they talk about health (insurance) care means that they didn't understand the results of the MA election. And the VA and NJ elections, too.

Obama should focus on:

Jobs

Jobs

Jobs

If he keeps talking health (insurance) care and not jobs then F him! Democrats will go down in flames next November.

It's simple: Obama and the Democrats need to abandon health (insurance) care. Every day that they talk about health (insurance) care means that they didn't understand the results of the MA election. And the VA and NJ elections, too.

Obama should focus on:

Jobs

Jobs

Jobs

If he keeps talking health (insurance) care and not jobs then F him! Democrats will go down in flames next November.

You're right. Low unemployment solves so many problems. To address jobs correctly is a mounmental task, but worth it. Our economy, if we do nothing, will eventually improve and some jobs will come back. However, as a nation we need to address the larger long term picture as well as the short term. We've got to look at the jobs we've lost and make an honest effort to recover those (like manufacturing) if possible. We also have to look forward at industries that can be job creators. We need to look at a lot of our policies (including trade policies IMO) and make good economic decisions and do so without burdening taxpayers. I would not expect many career politicians to know how to make these improvements, but they do have easy access to the best minds available on this subject. If they're smart, they'll take advantage of that and we should expect nothing less as voters.

As for health care, I think most people would agree that allowing people to have and make choices and to afford them themselves is the best outcome. Work toward that. If we get anywhere close to that the overall problem gets much smaller.

You're right. Low unemployment solves so many problems. To address jobs correctly is a mounmental task, but worth it. Our economy, if we do nothing, will eventually improve and some jobs will come back. However, as a nation we need to address the larger long term picture as well as the short term. We've got to look at the jobs we've lost and make an honest effort to recover those (like manufacturing) if possible. We also have to look forward at industries that can be job creators. We need to look at a lot of our policies (including trade policies IMO) and make good economic decisions and do so without burdening taxpayers. I would not expect many career politicians to know how to make these improvements, but they do have easy access to the best minds available on this subject. If they're smart, they'll take advantage of that and we should expect nothing less as voters.

As for health care, I think most people would agree that allowing people to have and make choices and to afford them themselves is the best outcome. Work toward that. If we get anywhere close to that the overall problem gets much smaller.

All very logical, but absolutely NONE of the jobs suggestions are going to even remotely be addressed by this administration if the attendees of his recent "jobs summit" is any indicator of where he to turn for ideas.

I bet any of you $1000 that a HC reform bill passes in some capacity.

Of course a health care reform bill is going to pass in some capacity. Way to go out on a limb, there, Conner. Real risk-taker, you are. :unsure: :unsure: :sick:

Not that anyone here believes you have $1000, but it's a great laugh, nonetheless.

Of course a health care reform bill is going to pass in some capacity. Way to go out on a limb, there, Conner. Real risk-taker, you are. :unsure::sick::huh:

Not that anyone here believes you have $1000, but it's a great laugh, nonetheless.

Talking about bets, do you remember when I made that $100 bet with KTFBD, that there wouldn't be a public option in the final bill?

hmmm :unsure:

All great points except that businesses and people with good paying jobs are having a hard time covering the increasing costs of healthcare. Something needs to be done now.

All great points except that businesses and people with good paying jobs are having a hard time covering the increasing costs of healthcare. Something needs to be done now.

Yes, and the answer is a trillion dollar health care entitlement that won't take place for four years but will begin raising taxes on businesses and people with good-paying jobs right now.

Something needs to be done now. Even if it's embarrassingly ridiculous.

Hmm.. you may want to inform the many media outlets who keep calling it the "Health-care reform bill" of this information.

I've read the bill. It doesn't even address health care costs, it addresses health insurance. You can't quote me a single soundbyte from the media about this bill that has anything to do with health care. Just because the media keeps saying it's health care reform, doesn't mean they have the first clue as to what they're talking about.

In fact, that's been my biggest complaint about the bill ever since this circus started: it doesn't even remotely address what the Congresscritters claim it addresses. That after all these months you still can't comprehend that that's my biggest complaint about the bill is...completely unsurprising, brain-damaged troglodyte that you are.

Yes, and the answer is a trillion dollar health care entitlement that won't take place for four years but will begin raising taxes on businesses and people with good-paying jobs right now.

Even better - a trillion dollar health insurance entitlement that is practically tailored to drive private health insurance into bankruptcy within 20 years, meaning either a bailout of the industry or a single federal health insurance program.

It would actually be cheaper in the long run to say "As of 2012, everyone gets insurance from the government" than it would be to pass this ridiculous bill and get to the same point 20 years later through the economic wreckage it'll cause.

Even better - a trillion dollar health insurance entitlement that is practically tailored to drive private health insurance into bankruptcy within 20 years, meaning either a bailout of the industry or a single federal health insurance program.

It would actually be cheaper in the long run to say "As of 2012, everyone gets insurance from the government" than it would be to pass this ridiculous bill and get to the same point 20 years later through the economic wreckage it'll cause.

But we have to do something.

Now.

Or we'll all die.