If anyone cares

Drafts while Gailey was coach

Not so bad as compared to our recent abortions but then again unlike Jauron, he probably had little say there and will have little say here.

Never mind.....I guess this is a useless post. Just trying to grasp at straws in terms of feeling good about the situation. It might not be ideal, but it can't be worse than Levy/Jauron, and this should count for something, no?

Not so bad as compared to our recent abortions but then again unlike Jauron, he probably had little say there and will have little say here.

Never mind.....I guess this is a useless post. Just trying to grasp at straws in terms of feeling good about the situation. It might not be ideal, but it can't be worse than Levy/Jauron, and this should count for something, no?

Both years the first two picks were OL and DL. That's a good sign I suppose.

Yeah, his say would have been minimal in the smallest sense of the word. That was a time when Jerrah was really feeling his oats and wanted to prove to the world that he's the best owner/GM/head coach in the history of the civilized world.

He's come down off of his perch just a little bit in the years since.

We'll soon see what Nix and Co. have in store for us regarding restocking this team with some decent talent. A long way to go, but it's been quickly done elsewhere.

I dunno if it's possible to feel good abpout this situation....it can't really be worse, but it could also be more of the same...

I was listening to WGR a lil while ago and even Howard Simon was saying that word is out about Ralph. Mularkey talking to Grimm, Wade talking to Garret, AJ Smith to Rivera, etc...The Stadium Lease, the Toronto games...watch Harbaugh go to Oakland or Brian Schotty taking a job at a cruddy team next season...oh yeah we were trying to be positive...

At least jauron is gone :thumbsup:

I dunno if it's possible to feel good abpout this situation....it can't really be worse, but it could also be more of the same...

I was listening to WGR a lil while ago and even Howard Simon was saying that word is out about Ralph. Mularkey talking to Grimm, Wade talking to Garret, AJ Smith to Rivera, etc...The Stadium Lease, the Toronto games...watch Harbaugh go to Oakland or Brian Schotty taking a job at a cruddy team next season...oh yeah we were trying to be positive...

At least jauron is gone :thumbsup:

he's a guy cowher wanted to succeed him in Pittsburgh. he's had success and frankly, isn't a bad coach. he knows what wins games and thats the lines and running the football. it's really not a bad hire. he's not cowher but hes not haslett either...

We are just going to have to wait on his staff and this years draft and then go from there. It is frustrating.

did anyone else notice they drafted Dexter Coakley as a DB? he ended up a really solid, probowl linebacker... interesting.

flozell adams, ekuban and ellis were all excellent hits. i'd like to see buddy and chan draft on either side of the line this year and next. if there is a next....

did anyone else notice they drafted Dexter Coakley as a DB? he ended up a really solid, probowl linebacker... interesting.

flozell adams, ekuban and ellis were all excellent hits. i'd like to see buddy and chan draft on either side of the line this year and next.

Same here, although I must confess that I am 100% sold on McClain. But, I think he will be long gone at 9. :thumbsup:

he's a guy cowher wanted to succeed him in Pittsburgh. he's had success and frankly, isn't a bad coach. he knows what wins games and thats the lines and running the football. it's really not a bad hire. he's not cowher but hes not haslett either...

He's had success...Jauron was a COY and 13-3...

1998 10-6, 1999 8-8 woth the Cowgirls

These were the records of all six Gailey led teams: 7-6 (2002), 7-6 (2003), 7-5 (2004), 7-5 (2005), 9-5 (2006), 7-6 (2007). Not once did Georgia Tech finish in the final Top 25 poll in those six seasons, and they also went a whopping 0-6 against rival Georgia under Gailey.

He did a great job in KC with Herm Edwards and well he got Turked before the season as well...So please tell me how exactly has he had success? Even though Cowher wanted him to succeed him in Pitts, they choose not to...How often does a I'm leaving promote this guy to succeed me work? :lol::thumbsup::cry:

'course the guy who actually replaced cowher ended up winning a super bowl.

Looking at the bright side wearing my rose colored glasses. Gailey has had success in the NFL, has a good offensive mind and has developed less than stellar QB's into winners. I am not adding to the feeding frenzy of negativism and will give him a year to see what he can do. It's impossible to perform worse than dickless jauron.

He's had success...Jauron was a COY and 13-3...

1998 10-6, 1999 8-8 woth the Cowgirls

These were the records of all six Gailey led teams: 7-6 (2002), 7-6 (2003), 7-5 (2004), 7-5 (2005), 9-5 (2006), 7-6 (2007). Not once did Georgia Tech finish in the final Top 25 poll in those six seasons, and they also went a whopping 0-6 against rival Georgia under Gailey.

He did a great job in KC with Herm Edwards and well he got Turked before the season as well...So please tell me how exactly has he had success? Even though Cowher wanted him to succeed him in Pitts, they choose not to...How often does a I'm leaving promote this guy to succeed me work? :lol::thumbsup::cry:

Pro success doesn't mean college success, see Wannstadt, Weis,... and College success doesn't mean Pro success, see Spurrier, Saban, Butch Davis, ....

Frankly, I'd rather have a guy that was more successful as a pro coach than as a college coach over the past dozen years

Pro success doesn't mean college success, see Wannstadt, Weis,... and College success doesn't mean Pro success, see Spurrier, Saban, Butch Davis, ....

Frankly, I'd rather have a guy that was more successful as a pro coach than as a college coach over the past dozen years

You are very right...

That's the best thing I've heard about this guy. The need to build from the trenches back is something the Bills just haven't gotten in the last decade. That includes drafting first rate linemen and KEEPING the best ones. I'm so sick of seeing former Bill linemen performing well elsewhere because we didn't attempt to keep the few good ones we actually get. Maybe this guy will bring a sense that they need to address this. Once Flozell Adams was hurt Romo became another Fitz.

flozell adams, ekuban and ellis were all excellent hits. i'd like to see buddy and chan draft on either side of the line this year and next. if there is a next....

Agreed. That's more hits than the Bills have had in five years.

And in the past dozen years he's been to the playoffs 4 times as OC or HC, right?

I hope they do draft to build up the lines so when we recruit his replacement in 2 years, we have something that might appeal to a coaching candidate.

Ellis and Ekuban were disappointments given how high they were drafted. Ellis was OK, but never lived up to expectations. Ekuban was a bust. Flozell Adams was a good pick. The rest of the picks were JAGs at best. That said, Gailey wasn't doing the drafting; Jerry Jones was. I can't fault CG for those lackluster drafts.