if it's Gailey, then who QB's?

robkmil

I wonder what this move will do for our QB's. He has had many different types of QB's. From run first, ball control passing (Dallas) and spread/Pistol (KC) and spread no-huddle option in College. maybe a guy like tebow or vick? Thigpen put up decent numbers in his KC Offense.

him and Nolan I wouldn't be too upset.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what this move will do for our QB's. He has had many different types of QB's. From run first, ball control passing (Dallas) and spread/Pistol (KC) and spread no-huddle option in College. maybe a guy like tebow or vick? Thigpen put up decent numbers in his KC Offense.

him and Nolan I wouldn't be too upset.

REALLY??? There is no possible explanation for the Chan Gailey hiring other than that the organization is completely

inept and could find no remotely reasonable candidate that would take the job.

This is truly a joke at the same level (or worse) than the Raiders hiring Lane Kiffin, moving him from USC OC

to NFL HC.

It won't do anything for the Bills' current QBs because there isn't a remotely viable starting-calibre NFL QB on the

roster.

REALLY??? There is no possible explanation for the Chan Gailey hiring other than that the organization is completely

This is truly a joke at the same level (or worse) than the Raiders hiring Lane Kiffin, moving him from USC OC

to NFL HC.

It won't do anything for the Bills' current QBs because there isn't a remotely viable starting-calibre NFL QB on the

roster.

Really??? Read the post, you replied with nothing. Did I say I liked it or agreed with it? No, it is what it is. I was just wondering what would happen with the QB's and the style offense being as how he has run different styles. Aso, I did not mention anything about the current QB's. please read before you reply.

Vick would definitely fit the Pistol Spread offense that Gailey ran in KC and (at times) in Georgia Tech.

Historically though, Gailey has favored more of a power running game as seen when he was with the Steelers. This HC move could actually be the best news that Marshawn Lynch has heard in a long time.

no idea.

Colt McCoy? 2nd round.

I would freak out (in a good way). I love Colt McCoy, guy reminds me of Drew Brees coming out of college. In fact, the exact same negatives that people throw at McCoy were the same ones they threw at Brees that allowed him to slip to the 2nd round.

I know I'm in the minority, but Colt McCoy is going to be a star NFL QB.

to NFL HC.

roster.

except Gailey has a winning NFL record (unlike Kiffin or Jauron), he has been to the NFL playoffs twice (unlike any coach we've had since wade) and he was a winning head coach in college (unliek kiffin).

other then those difference's you are right on....

you should be thankful our GM 1.) did all his business in the dark without hte media hovering around (hence why they give us sh(t) 2.) he actually interviewed a list of candidates and from at least one candidate he was "extremely thorough" 3.) he stuck to his word.... this will get lost on people but he committed to what he wanted. I just hope he has a good strength and conditioning coach.

Really??? Read the post, you replied with nothing. Did I say I liked it or agreed with it? No, it is what it is. I was just wondering what would happen with the QB's and the style offense being as how he has run different styles. Aso, I did not mention anything about the current QB's. please read before you reply.

I was responding to "him and Mike Nolan I wouldn't be too upset".

I would be upset with Chan Gailey and the greatest D-coordinator ever. No way on earth Chan Gailey should have

ever been in the conversation to be a head coach in the NFL again. This is clearly a case of "hmm, nobody wants this

job, who can we get?" "Hey, isn't Chan Gailey out of coaching after getting canned by Georgia Tech? Maybe he'll

do it!"

Really, how did they even come up with his name?

I would freak out (in a good way). I love Colt McCoy, guy reminds me of Drew Brees coming out of college. In fact, the exact same negatives that people throw at McCoy were the same ones they threw at Brees that allowed him to slip to the 2nd round.

I'm not a big McCoy believer but think he could be successful in the right system. He reminds me a bit of Alex Smith but McCoy played against better competition.

I like him but th einjuries scare me. if we can vick cheap and maybe a rookie to groom? what about the central mich. QB. Lefeauvre (sp)

I would be upset with Chan Gailey and the greatest D-coordinator ever. No way on earth Chan Gailey should have

ever been in the conversation to be a head coach in the NFL again. This is clearly a case of "hmm, nobody wants this

job, who can we get?" "Hey, isn't Chan Gailey out of coaching after getting canned by Georgia Tech? Maybe he'll

do it!"

I think it was more like RW, RB, & BN going thru a list of potential candidates looking for for someone they were familiar with, when Ralph exclaimed, "There's a name I know...I used to love those Charlie Chan films...let's hire this Chan guy!"

do it!"

his last job was as OC. in KC he did a fairly good job with bad talent on offense.

his last job was as OC. in KC he did a fairly good job with bad talent on offense.

don t be shocked if he helps us draft a good OL and gets Trent worked out... I know its crazy talk but he has done more with a lot less - see jay fiedler...