Arizona Cardinals vs New Orleans Saints

ProjectPat

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it's weird. Dansby, Hayes, Dockett, Berry, Okeafor, Cromartie, Rolle, and Adrian Wilson are all excellent players. This is their second D-Coordinator in 2 years. The defense should be better than it is.

Probably it has a lot to do with Green Bay and New Orleans' offenses.

SJB the cards D reminds me of the OLLLD Chargers D circa 1980(a lighter version)--lots of individual talent but as a whole..-not so great.Their D performance last week was inexcusable(well that D back forget his name getting all those penalties -woulda got the GB game ball if GB had won--so I guess that is an excuse) .

SJB the cards D reminds me of the OLLLD Chargers D circa 1980(a lighter version)--lots of individual talent but as a whole..-not so great.Their D performance last week was inexcusable(well that D back forget his name getting all those penalties -woulda got the GB game ball if GB had won--so I guess that is an excuse) .

Louie Kelcher, Fred Dean, Gary "Big Hands" Johnson...lotta good players on that team. Also the Warren Moon Houston Oilers who the Bills beat in the greatest comeback. They had lots of great individuals but were not a great defense. The Super Bowl Bills had lots of great individual defensive players but were not a truly great defense also.

In fact, what was the last team with a truly great offense and a truly great defense?

At one point in the 3rd quarter last week, the Packers were down by 21 points to the Cardinals... Arizona can still come back in this one...

True. Leinart looked good but it might have been that New Orleans was playing soft on that last series. Whichever QB plays the 2nd half for the Cards will have to be nearly flawless. And the AZ defense has to play a lot better.

Louie Kelcher, Fred Dean, Gary "Big Hands" Johnson...lotta good players on that team. Also the Warren Moon Houston Oilers who the Bills beat in the greatest comeback. They had lots of great individuals but were not a great defense. The Super Bowl Bills had lots of great individual defensive players but were not a truly great defense also.

In fact, what was the last team with a truly great offense and a truly great defense?

probbly Cowboys 90s.maybe GB 90s-well that one year

No, but I'm not an NFL kicker.

He came up short, NFL kickers should at least have the distance to hit a 50. Especially inside.

Rackers is a strange case. He missed a ton of games late in the season so he's probably a bit tentative. He did make a Pro Bowl and was All Pro. But his career FG percentage is about 78% which is low for his peer group (this generation of kickers).

Wow, he just kicked the ball out of bounds. Dude's got problems.

Billy Davis is a little short-handed on the field and getting a little schooling by Payton.

Any Russ Grimm sightings? Curious to see how he carries himself.

If he really has ambition to be a head coach, Grimm should be on the first plane to Buffalo after this to interview. Warner might hang it up soon. Arizona will not come close after that. Head coach opportunities are something you need to sieze when you're remotely "hot".